MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 22)

5,017 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Dada, We rarely agree, lol - But you hit the nail on the head with this post.

I know someone that came up on a K1 - his wife did EVERYTHING for him, told him what to do, where to go, who to be friends with, what to eat - almost to the point of when to take a shyt. It wasn't a partnership, it was a dictatorship - He had had enough and left her - But the scariest thing was, he didn't know how to function in the US - how to open a bank account, balance a checkbook, find a job, take classes - nothing - she had dictated to him for 4 years and not worked with him to help him learn.

:lol: yuh juss gimme joke, sus :lol:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:no: That's just a shame. In Norman, Oklahoma (Boomer Sooner!), my friends shared a 2 bedroom for about $500.

The meeting with my manager went well, except for the phone connection. I called her cell phone, since she's in Brazil & it was 8pm at the time of our call, but there was so much background noise (wind & whatever) that I struggled to hear every word & had to have her repeat things a lot.

That's about how much it is here in Pittsburgh.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
so hubby is totally clueless about the lifting of conditions thing....i keep bringing it up to him saying we need to get our shyt together and be ready to mail this ####### by march 6....he keeps saying why do we have to do that again :bonk:

anyway, have any of you recently done LOC? I'm really not trying to send in a ridiculous amount of #######...just the main and most important things to get approved and over with....

finally brought mi rass to work....feeling a bit more human today, thanks.

how is the nursery coming along?

Timeline
I agree JG sometimes you do talk till your blue in the face. See I have a demanding personality so with my soon to be X I tried my best to clam it down but after a while it felt like I was his mother instead of his partner.

Part of me blames myself. I think what I did wrong was I stepped into the situation trying to be Ms. fix it. If there was a problem I fixed it I never gave him a chance to try and solve situations himself or stand on his own tow feet. So then after a while I got tired of being the " man " and when he couldn't step up to take charge I got upset and wanted out. Well part of me thinks I created the monster so that is what I get. I know going forward to let a man think for himself!!! If he can't do it that is a signal to keep it moving.

Our biggest disagreement were he was making a decent living at his job but he was a custodian. I'm not knocking him being a custodian I just wanted him to want more for our himself and our children. He worked for a college so he was able to go to school for free and so many times different postings came up where he could apply to be the supervisor or manager of the department and he never gave any of it a shot. It was hell trying to put fire under his rass. Then he drank on top of that. Oh hell naw!!! I put so much energy into trying to get him to do better that hell I lost the fire to make myself do better.

You can't make a person change they have to want to change. Some men with a push will do it and others won't if there set in there ways. Lehi sounds like a decent dude so I'm hoping with some pushing from Ells she'll get him to move but I think if he's being told what to do he'll rebel. I think she is on the right path she just has to watch her approach. I want her to be his wife/partner not his momma.

I am going to agree with you 100% on blaming yourself as well. No one......and I honestly mean I believe NO ONE is 100% at fault in any situation. There is always a trigger of some kind. A cause or reason behind.

My thing with Leah is we don't know how much prodding she did beforehand. She is talking about the breaking point for her. In my mind, it's been going on a while and she's tried other tactics to more gently prod him. But, there does come a point when you blow and what happened happens. That's what I am defending.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
I JUST TALKED TO BUNZ AND SHE WAS APPROVED!!!!!WOOOOHHOOOOO!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Go Bunz!!! Go Bunz!!! (Doing the running man) :dance: It’s your birthday!!! It’s your birthday!!!(Doing the Cabbage Patch) :dance: Get Stupid!!! Get Stupid!!!(Doing the Snake) :dance: Go out and drink!!! Go out and Drink!!! (Doing the Stanky Leg) :dance:

Well wait maybe don’t get stupid we came too far to have something go wrong but still Party Like Its 1999 :thumbs: !!!!

Timeline
Dada, We rarely agree, lol - But you hit the nail on the head with this post.

I know someone that came up on a K1 - his wife did EVERYTHING for him, told him what to do, where to go, who to be friends with, what to eat - almost to the point of when to take a shyt. It wasn't a partnership, it was a dictatorship - He had had enough and left her - But the scariest thing was, he didn't know how to function in the US - how to open a bank account, balance a checkbook, find a job, take classes - nothing - she had dictated to him for 4 years and not worked with him to help him learn.

I tried all of that with Andre and he never wanted to learn most of it. Once he got his job, he knew EVERYTHING. I hope he really does.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Go Bunz!!! Go Bunz!!! (Doing the running man) :dance: It’s your birthday!!! It’s your birthday!!!(Doing the Cabbage Patch) :dance: Get Stupid!!! Get Stupid!!!(Doing the Snake) :dance: Go out and drink!!! Go out and Drink!!! (Doing the Stanky Leg) :dance:

Well wait maybe don’t get stupid we came too far to have something go wrong but still Party Like Its 1999 :thumbs: !!!!

you gonna need a wheel chair with all those moves lol

Timeline
Well... hubby goes away and the wife plays....

My weekend just got busy! LOL

Tierra and I are going on a "date" tonight. If she is feeling ok. She has a bit of a sore throat, runny/stuffy nose.

We are going to get all dressed up in fancy dresses and go for Pizza! :)

Tomorrow morning, girls breakfast and going to help paint a kitchen while our daughters play in all the snow.

Saturday night Motor Booty again... gotta love disco!

Sunday my brother is taking T to the movies and she is bringing me to BINGO... now get this... if you win, you get sex toys! Its sex toy party bingo! HAHAHA!

I have a date night with my oldest daughter tonight too. We’re doing Build a Bear and then Cheesecake Factory.

I have a date night with my oldest daughter tonight too. We’re doing Build a Bear and then Cheesecake Factory.

That's sweet. I will be in the bed tonight...not really in the mood to do anything!

I tried all of that with Andre and he never wanted to learn most of it. Once he got his job, he knew EVERYTHING. I hope he really does.

Okay, good luck with that. :whistle:

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline
Silly question...

Tierra is home again with me today. She didnt sleep well and has a sore throat, runny nose and a little cough.

She has energy now and no fever...

Is it terrible of me to go to the mall with her??? LOL!!!

I think its funny how Tierra is always sick UNTIL after you decide she doesn’t need to go to school….

Ur not letting her play you are you :whistle: ?

Is it just me or is today dragging? :angry:

Girl its flying just came back from the Shop Rite on my break got Hubby some treats ( that I will make him eat in a different room :rofl: )

I have to say........I LOVE you all. Sus, just gave me a little hope. Sometimes that's all it takes! Thanks, girls (F)

We love you too JG (((hugs)))

What’s wrong the old bed has too many miles on it?? :rofl::rofl:

Come on you have to admit you walked right into that one :yes::lol::yes:

HUSH you are a mess :rofl::bonk:

Well I will say this, Steve was shocked that this one had sex scenes in it. He was hollering from our bedroom, what are you watching and made a point to come lol and rewind it back some :rofl: ol pervert... lol

LOL girl some of them get hot in these movies, wait you aint seen nothing yet (( peep the title))) , I will post the next one!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
Well Im not sure what is going to happen because I have the awful task of meeting up with my daughter's family. They haven't seen her in 5 years and she wants to see them. I have NO interest whatsoever in seeing them, but Im doing it for her. We could go early and then go out with them later.....Let me talk to Steve.

On another note, she had the audacity to ask for her phone back.. I said a firm "NO" you don't deserve it back right now. (3 wks as of Monday) She is walking around like she lost her best friend. She blames me for moving to Del. County as to the reason she has no friends. I said "Excuse the hell out of me for wanting a better life for you." Turned over in my bed and drowned her lil behind out with my MP3 player in my ears... hmph!

You too MsTee?? My oldest son’s family hasn’t seen him in I don’t know how many years but all of a sudden they have taken a sudden interest in him and they call now and even sent him a Xmas card this year. Well now they want him to come and stay with them in Orlando? Umm noo I don’t know you people. Of course my son sees me as the bad mother.. I’m 13 I’ll be o.k…He wants to get to know this side of his family blah blah blah. I told him but Da I don’t know these people. They could be child molesters for all I know. He told me to fly down with him and stay for a week then I can leave him for the rest of the summer. Wow nothing like getting to now people in a week ey? I wish it was that easy. I told him when he is 16 he possibly can go. At that age I MIGHT and I use the word loosely feel more comfortable with him being older.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
how is the nursery coming along?

its painted, crib, dresser, changing table set up....still need to put together other crib....going shopping for some sort of storage system to put in the closet (those ones at home depot that you can customize to your closet with shelves and drawers and baskets)....also want to put up some decorative shelves on the wall but think we will wait to see what we get from the showers. the room is on the small side especially with 2 cribs in it so we have to maximize every possible bit of space in there.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.