MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 22)

5,017 posts in this topic

Hey MrsTee...he is maintaining...had a pretty bad scare last week. My parents had to go Phoenix last week to take my Dad to the Mayo Clinic because that is where the liver transplant will take place. It was a follow up visit to one that he had there in September. Anyways the trip down was very hard on him and he got car sick. He was very naucious since then durning his appointments and everything. On Thursday they were to drive back to Vegas and all night I pretty much cried because I knew he wouldn't make it on the trip back. So on Thursday morning I called my Mom and she said he is just sitting on the side of the bed he will not move, he will not let me help him put on his clothes and he is being very mean. So I said ask if he wants to talk to me and he is always so excited to talk to me. So she asked and he said no. So I said Mom call the hospital there is something wrong. So about an hour later my brother calls and said that they called the ambulance and are taking him to the hospital his mind isn't there. He was yelling at the paramedics to not touch him and to leave him alone. With his failing liver ammonia builds up and goes to his brain and when that happens it causes dementia. Well he couldn't keep his medicine down for a couple of days that helps clear the ammonia out so that is why it built up. He was almost on the otherside so thank GOD she called the ambulance. He is down to 120lbs and very weak but I am so happy that they made it home. The Mayo Clinic said that there are no livers available and he is past the age cut off for a live liver donation but his doctors are going to go before the board to see if they will make an exception. I said I would check to see if I am a match and hopefully they approve him before it is too late. They take 60% of the liver from the live donor but the live donor's liver grows back in just a few weeks.

Oh Dillon, I am continuing to pray for your Dad. You are so brave and I hope that you are a match and able to give him that wonderful gift (F)(L)(F)

Yup -

Mariners - listed on Hotels.com as Negril Beach club resort - studios are usually around $40 - $50 a night - 2 beds, kitchen - where I usually stay on the beach

Hidden Paradise - http://www.hidden-paradise.com/

Seawind resort - http://www.seawindresortjamaica.com/

Yellowbird - http://www.theyellowbird.com/

Moms place http://www.momsplacenegril.com/

I have more if you want them - most give a better rate if you email them (except Mariners, always do the best on hotels.com or skyauction for them)

Sus you should add this to the survival thread ( you may already have ) ;)

Okay!!!! Poe thang, I think it was Ells that said my baby looked a little Hugh Heffnerish in that jacket and gold suit...lol! :rofl:

:rofl:

Irie; you're asking the wrong person, only time I stay at a resort is for a wedding.

Sus has never failed me or my friends with her suggestions...I cant' stand JAMAICA GRAND

Mi nuh knoa eida ( shrugs shoulders) sounds like the Ladies have yuh back!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Philly! Not really nervous I just want it to be over and done with so I join my love.

"I'm claiming it in Jesus name" :thumbs:

Amen! It will be here before you know it!

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:rofl::rofl: So Steven wanted to get his hair corn-rowed before he goes out of town this weekend. He just called me all outraged because the only person who is available to corn row it tomorrow is a man. He said he's not letting any man play in his hair. (Yet it was perfectly fine for a woman to do my hair.)

I bust out laughing, but he was SO SERIOUS. Thing is, that was the only close hair salon in our area that caters to a corn-row desiring audience. So I don't know what he's going to do.

At his encouragement, I'm posing this question:

Would any of your men let another man corn-row his hair?

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Shemmy...I'm still telling on you.

Philly link mi no please....I guess I'll be in Philli so for the link up, but it has to be above 65 degrees.

Woo hoooo mi wi link yuh :thumbs:

that would be a big YES! Portland is beautiful and quiet...too quiet fi me.

I agree :yes:

Yes, I have heard of it, driven past it before - I am looking to stay closer to town this trip - can't manage the washed out road and the evil donkey to stay with family!

sus please do tell of the Evil donkey :lol:

Hi Yardies ...how is everybody doing? Well I have work up to my eyeballs so I wont be coming on too much. Last night my friend gave us tickets to the Maryland Terps basketball game. G had a blast. Im trying to keep him from moping around the house.

Hey Lady C you and me both Sis Ughhh at least its hump day!

If you want a a shack on the beach, hell, I can call my ex-MIL for you! :devil:

:rofl::devil:

i married my wife in mobay and i thought it was a nice stay. then, my wife and i drive to ochi from kin and i was impressed with the resort areas. it was a hour drive from kin to ochi and i remember on the way back from ochi that we stopped by a food chain and the jamaican vendors come running to me saying try the jerk, try the natural juice and before u know it the money i didnt expect to spend was spent. i told my wife they recognize that iam american for they didnt bother my wife, sis in law and cousin in laws. lolllllllllllll

:yes:

Wow, Jamwifey -- how fast were you driving to do that in an hour? LMAO

That's what I was gonna ask :no:

****ROC VSC****

Timeline

Welcome, Tenkia & happy filing!

When you venture out of the relative sanity of the Yardies thread, you find all kinds of stories that make you go :blink::blink:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

:rofl::rofl: So Steven wanted to get his hair corn-rowed before he goes out of town this weekend. He just called me all outraged because the only person who is available to corn row it tomorrow is a man. He said he's not letting any man play in his hair. (Yet it was perfectly fine for a woman to do my hair.)

I bust out laughing, but he was SO SERIOUS. Thing is, that was the only close hair salon in our area that caters to a corn-row desiring audience. So I don't know what he's going to do.

Heck to the naw..... :no:

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
sus please do tell of the Evil donkey :lol:

LOL - the road to Mom's house washed out in Gustav and hasn't been fixed - so you can only drive so far, then you have to climb - one step wrong and you fall into the gully! On the way, as you try to carefully pick your steps, lives an evil donkey who is loose, and DJ and his brother took great pleasure in telling me to be ware of him cause he bites! You would think they would be gentleman and make sure he stays away - instead, they took great pleasure in watching him chase me.

Nah suh, nah more walking the hill for me!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Heck to the naw..... :no:

Hell no G would go Bald before he let another man braid his hair.... :rofl::rofl:

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

I didn't enjoy that ride into Kingston last week at all. I felt sick afterwards. :(

LOL Den's

Hello All Yardies and their Lovers,

I am from NY and hubby is from Kingston, JA and I am filing for his AOS from a K1 visa. We have had 2 children together.. 2 year old Rianna, and 4 month old Amaris. I am getting out AOS to be sent out early next week.

just Saying WASSSUP or better Wat a gwen on

Hey Tenika Welcome good luck on your journey and don't be a stranger!

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: oh Boy I crack up when I journey outside the Yardie thread but this one takes the cake!

Hey Philly! Not really nervous I just want it to be over and done with so I join my love.

"I'm claiming it in Jesus name" :thumbs:

That's right Sis Claim it!

****ROC VSC****

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

I got a big "NO THANKYOU" from Louis. He says he would look at the man in such a way that "he would quit his job and not come back for his pay".....

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

I am rolling, girl NO :no: yuh knoa how much bad word yuh would hear from my Hubby :wow:

LOL - the road to Mom's house washed out in Gustav and hasn't been fixed - so you can only drive so far, then you have to climb - one step wrong and you fall into the gully! On the way, as you try to carefully pick your steps, lives an evil donkey who is loose, and DJ and his brother took great pleasure in telling me to be ware of him cause he bites! You would think they would be gentleman and make sure he stays away - instead, they took great pleasure in watching him chase me.

Nah suh, nah more walking the hill for me!

Sus you got me rolling about this Donkey has anyone ever gotten a photo this is so funny to me :rofl:

Hell no G would go Bald before he let another man braid his hair.... :rofl::rofl:
I got a big "NO THANKYOU" from Louis. He says he would look at the man in such a way that "he would quit his job and not come back for his pay".....

I am cracking up over here :lol::yes:

****ROC VSC****

Timeline

okay just to play the devils advocate on the hair braiding thing because when I asked Mikel said heck no too. BUT they don't have a problem with a man cutting their hair and trimming up their face (and they are all up in their face when they are trimming it) what is the difference with braiding their hair?

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
LOL Den's

Hey Tenika Welcome good luck on your journey and don't be a stranger!

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: oh Boy I crack up when I journey outside the Yardie thread but this one takes the cake!

That's right Sis Claim it!

Welcome Tenika....

:blink: Lawd that thread just F'ed up my brain

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
okay just to play the devils advocate on the hair braiding thing because when I asked Mikel said heck no too. BUT they don't have a problem with a man cutting their hair and trimming up their face (and they are all up in their face when they are trimming it) what is the difference with braiding their hair?

Read my mind. I was going to say the exact same thing.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.