MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 22)

5,017 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning, Happy MLK JR Day Ladies

2008-04-dr-martin-luther-king-jr.jpg

Martin Luther King, Jr. (January 15, 1929 – April 4, 1968) was an American clergyman, activist and prominent leader in the American civil rights movement. His main legacy was to secure progress on civil rights in the United States, and he has become a human rights icon: King is recognized as a martyr by two Christian churches.[1] A Baptist minister,[2] King became a civil rights activist early in his career. He led the 1955 Montgomery Bus Boycott and helped found the Southern Christian Leadership Conference in 1957, serving as its first president. King's efforts led to the 1963 March on Washington, where King delivered his "I Have a Dream" speech. There, he raised public consciousness of the civil rights movement and established himself as one of the greatest orators in U.S. history.

Im off today, gotta catch up with homework

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
It usually is delivered, I guess from experiences people gave on here but the guy at the DHL counter asked if he would like to come and pick it up and my baby was like heck to the yeah! :thumbs:

You can pick up too, I think Nat did it that way

Good morning yardies, about to cook 2 pans of chicken, 1 buffalo wings and 1 bbq for a family dinner my aunt is having today! Everyone have a great day...

Hey Tee you go girl that's alot of chicken :yes:

We'll probably pass each other at the airport, cause I have an early flight home

Hey Sus, we will prolly never link I will be on the plane flying into Kingston :crying:

Morning, Ladies

Last night I fell asleep around 1am. Steven was laying next to me listening to Hitz 92 (We subscribe via jumptv) calling in trying to get on the radio. Why did I wake up an HOUR LATER to hear him in conversation with the DJ. As soon as they got off the phone, the conversation was played on the air. He was SO excited that I didn't even want to tell him that his family/friends might be sleeping at 3am (JA is 1 hr ahead of us) instead of listening to the radio.

Nat that is too cute, we subscribe too but weren't listening at that time I would have loved to hear him on the radio LOL

Goodmorning Ladies

Oh Its just me in here.

Well I went to Char's wedding yesterday. She looked beautiful. Her husband is handsome they made a beautiful couple. She had a couple of other family members there also.

Her dress was nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope she has a good rest of her trip here hopefully we can hook up because MLK Day is tomorrow and Im off.

@ Nat :rofl: at Steven nobody was listening :no: but dont let him know :lol:

So sorry to her about Mexilus. (L) A friend of mine is going through the same thing. She wants me to assist her with helping when she can refile which is 2 years time. That will be Dec 2010.

Be ENCOURAGED

Another Yardie Link up that is wonderful Congrats on your wedding Char! Weh deh pichas LOL

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
Hey Tee you go girl that's alot of chicken :yes:

Hey Sus, we will prolly never link I will be on the plane flying into Kingston :crying:

Nat that is too cute, we subscribe too but weren't listening at that time I would have loved to hear him on the radio LOL

Another Yardie Link up that is wonderful Congrats on your wedding Char! Weh deh pichas LOL

Yes and they tore it up! Char's pics on FB. Are you good mama? I need a fix lol

Timeline

Hello Yardies...how is everyone doing?

MrsTee where is my phone call?

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Timeline

Mexilus I'm so sorry to hear about your denial. :crying: I wish you all the best on your journey.

oMQjm5.png

AOS

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:yes:

TAMH, I think you will be fine just make sure you tell them that if they asked. Also, Den didn't answer with too much info. He gave the minimum answer when asked. He said he didn't want to seem like it was practiced or anything. He just answered from the heart and we kept it as genuine as we could! :blink:

Thanks Den!

TAMH

Timeline

Hi Philly have you heard anything from your family as yet?

oMQjm5.png

AOS

Timeline

kjenkins, I almost always cried when leaving JA my 4th through 8th times. You aren't the only one. The question is, did your man cry too?

Steven successfully navigated the streets & highways today. I hope that gave him a big confidence boost regarding driving in Houston. I told him he can now run all the errands while I'm at work.

Yes, MrsTee, due to the lack of street #s, we opted to pick up the visa/passport from the DHL office around the corner from the Montego Bay airport.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Hey Nat, hey philly wha gwaan?

Hey JAHoney my PC was on but I was prolly nowhere around LOL

Definitely be prepared! I prepared what my Sweetie refers to as the purple "kick rass" folder! :rofl:

I had everything organized and had all types of evidence. They only asked for cell phone records, photos, and some e-mails as evidence of our relationship. We got a guy and he was tough...we sat through and saw a lot of folks blue-slipped! When we heard our number called after Den was finger-printed and realized it was the guy as our interviewer...I was like "Ah man" he called us up and we were ready to go. The guy asked me to go and have a seat after we were born sworn in. He basically asked Den a lot questions:

1. When did we meet?

2. Where did we meet?

3. When did we start dating?

4. How do we communicate?

5. How often do we talk?

6. Had he ever been to the U.S.?

I only provided them with a copy of my 2008 W-2 and tax transcript. I had bank letter and copies of check stubs but didn't need to provide them. I made a photo album of all our pictures from the past year and a half and organized them accordingly. The interviewer also asked to see my passport. I asked him if he needed to see more evidence of our relationship but he said "No thanks that won't be necessary". He said, "Mr. Douglas I'm granting you your Visa to the U.S.!" We thanked him like twice and went down to the DHL counter to schedule when Den will go and pick up his Visa. They told him we can start tracking on Wednesday but they told us to expect at least two weeks so that's why I couldn't bring him back with me...I needed to get on back to work cause I feel like I am going to get the not want to work syndrome once Den actually gets here! :rofl:

I am so happy for you Dens! This is awesome what your interviewer a Caucasian guy with bushy curly hair?

Of course, I had to find you all. It was like 8 days with no VJ... :wacko:

Denton proposed all over again! He is such a romantic guy...we had a wonderful trip. :luv:

I did cry at the airport today even though I didn't think I would but even though he will be here in a few weeks, its still never easy leaving a piece of you behind. :crying:

Thanks everyone for all the advice, support, prayers, and well wishes. We greatly appreciate it. Please keep it coming! :thumbs:

Awwe Sweeties that is so precious just think yuh man soon be here no more leaving him at the airport, then the journey really begins!

****ROC VSC****

I am so happy for you Dens! This is awesome what your interviewer a Caucasian guy with bushy curly hair?

No it was a black guy, he was tough. He was very stern with everyone that came to his window.

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Morning, All

For the first time, Steven's about to drive me to work then go places on his own in the car. Wish him well!

He will be just fine! :thumbs:

Hi Philly, I hope you are doing okay we missed you this weekend. Lets get together soon!

We will girl, I never went out Saturday night opted to stay in I was feeling blaaaaah

I'm with you on that. I just took on a role as project manager and due to having about zero PM training, I'm having to search hard for every little step to take in setting up this project.

Girl get ready its a nonstop rollercoaster of fun NOT :rofl:

Yes and they tore it up! Char's pics on FB. Are you good mama? I need a fix lol

I am looking now they are fabulous!!!!! :luv: Sure I can post a movie today I need a fix too!

****ROC VSC****

I almost always cried when leaving JA my 4th through 8th times. You aren't the only one. The question is, did your man cry too?

Steven successfully navigated the streets & highways today. I hope that gave him a big confidence boost regarding driving in Houston. I told him he can now run all the errands while I'm at work.

Yes, MrsTee, due to the lack of street #s, we opted to pick up the visa/passport from the DHL office around the corner from the Montego Bay airport.

Den doesn't cry at least he doesn't let me see him. He's a very sensitive guy...so he probably does when he gets in the car to head home...aww!

Glad that Steven did a good job driving around Houston. Yay!!

Once the guy at the DHL counter gave him the option to pick it up, Denton jumped on it!

Edited by Dens Wifey

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline
Hello Yardies...how is everyone doing?

MrsTee where is my phone call?

I knew I was gonna be in trouble lol... are you home today or at work?

He will be just fine! :thumbs:

We will girl, I never went out Saturday night opted to stay in I was feeling blaaaaah

Girl get ready its a nonstop rollercoaster of fun NOT :rofl:

I am looking now they are fabulous!!!!! :luv: Sure I can post a movie today I need a fix too!

thank you for the fix... Aww I sensed you were feeling that way, we shouldve done something anyway to take your mind off things you know.

kjenkins, I almost always cried when leaving JA my 4th through 8th times. You aren't the only one. The question is, did your man cry too?

Thats awesome Nat!

No it was a black guy, he was tough. He was very stern with everyone that came to his window.

aaaaah he wasn't on the day of my interview well I am glad yall got through. LMAO at the God suit, girl I am waiting for you to post that will brighten my day for sure ( no pun intended haaaa)

****ROC VSC****

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.