MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 22)

5,017 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I just came in from the grocery store. It's so slippery out there, but the grocery store was empty.

Why did the grocery store have about 50, YES 50 grocery carts full of food to be put back. I asked the cashier what happen and he said people just left carts in the isle and some got to the register and didn't have enough money. That's just crazy. I couldn't believe it.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Shemmy, What are ya'll over there doing? You see Ray crazy tail went to work.

ROC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Shemmy, What are ya'll over there doing? You see Ray crazy tail went to work.

Hey...did you go to work today? I did and actually did work :angry: Ray is crazy. I hope he makes it home safely.

Trying to catch up from this morning..I give up.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Philly - your post had me cracking up :rofl:

Dens - that was a good idea to take your hubby-to-be to work. Glad he met other Jamaicans. Atlanta is so nice.

Quana and Jawi - hope your day got better.

Ells - I love your idea for V-Day :thumbs:

Timeline
Hey...did you go to work today? I did and actually did work :angry: Ray is crazy. I hope he makes it home safely.

Trying to catch up from this morning..I give up.

No, I worked from home today. I know he is and he knows that he is crazy. LMAO Thanks.

ROC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ells, you've inspired me to spend WAAAY less on groceries. I recently started cutting coupons, but now I'll also limit how much we spend on a grocery trip. That's not an area I've ever monitored, but from the reactions of the ladies today, I guess we're spending way more than necessary.

Hey Nat. Clipping coupons and saving money on groceries is definitely my area. Its time-consuming, but well worth it. When I shopped at the regular grocery store (kroger) if I don't save over $30 on my $100 grocery bill, I was a little upset.

Grocery Saving 101

1.) Clipping coupons is essential. Buy at least two newspapers every Sunday to clip your coupons

2.) Find a good coupon organizer to organize your coupons

3.) Take advantage of savings cards i.e. (Kroger cards)

4.) Make a shoping list, but ensure that it is very specific by creating a daily menu of what you plan to eat over the following weeks

5.) Also take a look at the weekly mailer for each grocery store to see what is on sale (some stores will price match)

6.) Compare your coupons to what is needed on your list. Try to use coupons for items that are already on sale. If you have non-essential items that are not on sale, wait until the next grocery trip.

7.) Try not to make purchases outside of your list

8. Try not to be brand specific, some store brands are just as good.

8.) Watch the sales monitors to ensure that all coupons are counted. If they say it doesn't work, tell them to figure it out!!

9.) Watch your savings grow!!!

You guys will have to excuse me. I write manuals at work....I hope this helps!!

K-1 Timeline

8/27/2009 - Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS

8/28/2009 - NOA 1

10/06/2009 - NOA2 received!!! Thank you lord!!

11/24/2009 - Interview Scheduled at 8:30am*APPROVED*

12/02/2009 - VISA IN HAND

12/04/2009 - POE - Atlanta, GA

AOS Timeline

1/16/2010 - Wedding *Viva Las Vegas*

2/02/2010 - Mailed AOS/AP/EAP

2/03/2010 - Package arrived to Chicago Lockbox

2/09/2010 - Received NOA1 notice via email

2/10/2010 - Check cashed

2/13/2010 - Received NOA1 hardcopy

2/23/2010 - Case transferred to California

2/26/2010 - Biometrics Appt. 11am

3/1/2010 - Touched

4/2/2010 - AP Approved (Email and Text Notification)

4/2/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered

4/10/2010 - EAD and AP received in the mail!!

Timeline

(L)(L) February is such a beautiful month. Not only because it contains my birthday (Feb. 28 :whistle: )...But because so many beautiful yardies are getting married and renewing vows. My heart is filled with joy because there is so much love in the air. (L)(L)(L) Here's a run down of all of the special events this month. Please let me know if I missed someone.

1.) YankeesGirl 2/9/10

2.) RegAl 2/12/10

3.) EricJew aka (Mama/PapaJew) 2/13/10

4.) DensWifey 2/14/10

5.) Philly 2/14/10

6.) Always 2/14/10

7.) My2 2/27/10

Congratulations to you all!! May God continue to bless your union. (L)

Edited by charandivan

K-1 Timeline

8/27/2009 - Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS

8/28/2009 - NOA 1

10/06/2009 - NOA2 received!!! Thank you lord!!

11/24/2009 - Interview Scheduled at 8:30am*APPROVED*

12/02/2009 - VISA IN HAND

12/04/2009 - POE - Atlanta, GA

AOS Timeline

1/16/2010 - Wedding *Viva Las Vegas*

2/02/2010 - Mailed AOS/AP/EAP

2/03/2010 - Package arrived to Chicago Lockbox

2/09/2010 - Received NOA1 notice via email

2/10/2010 - Check cashed

2/13/2010 - Received NOA1 hardcopy

2/23/2010 - Case transferred to California

2/26/2010 - Biometrics Appt. 11am

3/1/2010 - Touched

4/2/2010 - AP Approved (Email and Text Notification)

4/2/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered

4/10/2010 - EAD and AP received in the mail!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
LOL @ Tee and he kept shaking his head " NO MORE " :rofl::lol:

You and the locs haaaa my Mom is the same way they are to her batty and woh she better not make a sudden turn and wop right inna yuh face and that stings!!

Are you getting individuals or the strip?

Since my daughter was so good at the strips, I will probably go that route again I don't know if I can do individuals :unsure:

I did it....I signed us up for V-day brunch!

Woo4.jpg

Awwwwwwwwww thats sweet Ells, look at the giraffes!! :)

At first, the ladies at the counter tried to tell us that we could only book a roundtrip ticket on a fiance visa. I rebuked that message. We bought a one-way.

lol

Timeline
A week or two ago, we saw a commercial for some cologne I'd never heard of. Steven got super excited by it, saying that's what he used to wear. I ordered it for him for V Day & it arrived today. Why did he open it? :bonk:

Maybe you need to have things sent to work if you can.. Men folk are nosey ain't they? lol

Timeline
Does that food budget include dining out as well? I'm very curious as to how you make $200 of groceries stretch for a month with a man. I'm guessing that Lehi hasn't gained 30+ lbs since he's been here (like unnamed people have).

LOL @ the cologne. He didn't know what it was. I should've told him not to open any packages that arrive today, but I didn't think of it until too late.

------

SunRay, it's so hard to imagine that it's snowing so much in some areas of the country, while it's 60 degrees in others.

I spend between 300 to 400 on food per month, for the 2 kids,myself and Steve, but it isn't Steve... them dayum kids eat EVERYTHING... but when Rashida comes out they calm it down. Since I do the shopping without them I buy things that are healthy so they tend not to eat as much lol...Im bad lol

Timeline
Sry to keep u hanging I am fine up here in Toronto. I cant wait to se pics of ur wedding. I am very sure ull be a beautiful bride and hubby will be a handsome groom! :star:

thanks i m getting nervous and excited all at once

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
I'm glad I could help! :thumbs: I religiously wait for the new grocery ads every week & compare them & scan for what's on my list. I mostly stick with the basics that we need for making meals with the occasional 'treat' thrown in. And again, unless absolutely necessary to make a planned dish, only buy something when it's on sale. Sometimes it means we have to wait a while before having something we might want but it helps to save money.

I use coupons and ONLY buy things on sale.. I shop at a Shoprite supermarket because they double/triple the coupons... :thumbs:

I just came in from the grocery store. It's so slippery out there, but the grocery store was empty.

Why did the grocery store have about 50, YES 50 grocery carts full of food to be put back. I asked the cashier what happen and he said people just left carts in the isle and some got to the register and didn't have enough money. That's just crazy. I couldn't believe it.

Wow that is crazy.. When I went the day before yesterday, there were no carts. When the guy started getting the leftover ones from the parking lot, we attacked him for the carts...lol

Timeline
Good Morning! Happy Friday!

Louis made it home safe... he is cold, but happy to be home.

aww welcome home louis

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
Hey Nat. Clipping coupons and saving money on groceries is definitely my area. Its time-consuming, but well worth it. When I shopped at the regular grocery store (kroger) if I don't save over $30 on my $100 grocery bill, I was a little upset.

Grocery Saving 101

1.) Clipping coupons is essential. Buy at least two newspapers every Sunday to clip your coupons

2.) Find a good coupon organizer to organize your coupons

3.) Take advantage of savings cards i.e. (Kroger cards)

4.) Make a shoping list, but ensure that it is very specific by creating a daily menu of what you plan to eat over the following weeks

5.) Also take a look at the weekly mailer for each grocery store to see what is on sale (some stores will price match)

6.) Compare your coupons to what is needed on your list. Try to use coupons for items that are already on sale. If you have non-essential items that are not on sale, wait until the next grocery trip.

7.) Try not to make purchases outside of your list

8. Try not to be brand specific, some store brands are just as good.

8.) Watch the sales monitors to ensure that all coupons are counted. If they say it doesn't work, tell them to figure it out!!

9.) Watch your savings grow!!!

You guys will have to excuse me. I write manuals at work....I hope this helps!!

Great tips! At work we all clip coupons and put them in a box so that if we don't use them, someone else can. I don't buy papers but my coworker brings me the booklet of coupons in every monday...:)

Timeline
(L)(L) February is such a beautiful month. Not only because it contains my birthday (Feb. 28 :whistle: )...But because so many beautiful yardies are getting married and renewing vows. My heart is filled with joy because there is so much love in the air. (L)(L)(L) Here's a run down of all of the special events this month. Please let me know if I missed someone.

1.) YankeesGirl 2/9/10

2.) RegAl 2/12/10

3.) EricJew aka (Mama/PapaJew) 2/13/10

4.) DensWifey 2/14/10

5.) Philly 2/14/10

6.) Always 2/14/10

7.) My2 2/27/10

Congratulations to you all!! May God continue to bless your union. (L)

awwwwwwwww right! Vday is my favorite holiday and what makes it even better is that I have someone right here for someone to share it with :) I always give my niece and nephew chocolate hearts and my kids. I even fill my candy jar at work...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.