MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 22)

5,017 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Nat, wrap his cologne back up and give it to him anyway for V'Day. lol That's something that Ray would have done.

LOL! I like that idea! Even though Lehi already knew what he was getting for Xmas (cause we went shopping on black Friday & he got to pick everything out), I still wrapped it up so there was stuff under the tree!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Oh no he didn't/doesn't!! If Lehi went through food like that, we'd run out before the end of the month cause our food budget is $200 & I only get paid once a month. We'd both be hungry after a couple weeks!

And he opened his cologne already? He's outta orda! :bonk:

Does that food budget include dining out as well? I'm very curious as to how you make $200 of groceries stretch for a month with a man. I'm guessing that Lehi hasn't gained 30+ lbs since he's been here (like unnamed people have).

LOL @ the cologne. He didn't know what it was. I should've told him not to open any packages that arrive today, but I didn't think of it until too late.

------

SunRay, it's so hard to imagine that it's snowing so much in some areas of the country, while it's 60 degrees in others.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
It's reasons like that why I don't think I could ever live in snow country! Hope he makes it home safe.

I said I wasn't going to worry myself to death about it. He acts like he's been driving in snow for years so I can't tell him anything. Thanks, I hope he gets home safe too.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
Nat, wrap his cologne back up and give it to him anyway for V'Day. lol That's something that Ray would have done.

:lol: That's funny. Steven (who tends to overestimate my generosity) will probably think I got him something else, so that he can still be surprised. I look forward to seeing his expression when he sees the cologne.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline
Ell's, how are things with your father-in-law? Is he still coming around?

Funny you should happen to ask that. He's actually headed our way right now. Hubby's Mom asked his Dad to give him some $$ so he can get his hair done & other stuff (I don't have it right now) & she said she'll pay him back when she has it. None of this stuff makes sense to me but hey, not my problem. His Mom is in St. Maarten & got a holiday bonus but it has already been distributed to his siblings. She wanted to send him some but apparently ran out. Now she's asking his Dad to give him $$ & she'll pay him back. I know she hardly makes what would be considered a living wage here in the U.S. so I don't know why they are insisting on this. Anyway, he's headed here to give him some $$. He's going to spend $60 in gas with his hog of a vehicle when a 44 cent stamp could've done the same thing. Of course, now he also wants Lehi to cook some cabbage for him. All of this is just very very confusing to me. It doesn't make good sense. But I guess I'll be seeing him when I get home from work in a couple hours.

Timeline

Ells, the story itself wasn't hilarious, but I'm over here :rofl::rofl: @ how perplexed you seem about the situation.

Maybe Lehi's dad is just using the money exchange as a reason to visit his son. I know *I* would never drive far to give someone something non-urgent, but some people don't mind.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline
Hey B,

LOL I finally went to bed last night haaaa

But Girlllllll why did I ask Hubby to tek a piccha of my lashes so I can post. Then Lawd why mi tell him dat I wanted the longer lashes for the wedding then he chat bout mi gwaan bruk yuh out deh false false ting mi cyaa manage ie. Yuh have long hair den yuh guh sew in bags of hair when we sleep its all inna me face and all ova deh place mi cyaa breathe! :wow::bonk::blink:

I was like WHATEV :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I told him straight up no chaser we when you first met me I had a weavalicious do, and long lashes and you know I am extra its part of my DNA and you loved it!!!! I feel I am natural cause I don't wear alot of makeup only gloss and some eye shadow creme only when I step out. I told him I am a natural beauty and I don't need all that but I love mi hair and lashes and if this is and issue then I guess we both have one. OOOOOH why mi seh dat so he tell mi nuh worry myself I am ok with it, somehow I know he is not..........

This morning he tells me he loves me no matter what and doesn't want me to feel a way but sometimes he just thinks its a bit much. He is proud that I am always working on my myself to improve anyway I can but why can't I just be au-natural.

Well I guess I shouldn't have shown him the lashes with the diamonds on them LMAO he was like I'm gonna put out the trash. :bonk:

Mawning Ladies Happy Friday

LMAO your hubby is tooo funny. So did he take the picture or not? Now the lashes with diamonds have me intrigued. He sounds like a sweetie though and is just saying he loves you just as you are, but you are right he married a diva so he must deal.

Good evening yardies. Ok back to catch up.

Timeline
:lol: That's funny. Steven (who tends to overestimate my generosity) will probably think I got him something else, so that he can still be surprised. I look forward to seeing his expression when he sees the cologne.

LOL, He's going to be in a state of shock. Oh well, he could have just got a card and chocolate.

Funny you should happen to ask that. He's actually headed our way right now. Hubby's Mom asked his Dad to give him some $$ so he can get his hair done & other stuff (I don't have it right now) & she said she'll pay him back when she has it. None of this stuff makes sense to me but hey, not my problem. His Mom is in St. Maarten & got a holiday bonus but it has already been distributed to his siblings. She wanted to send him some but apparently ran out. Now she's asking his Dad to give him $$ & she'll pay him back. I know she hardly makes what would be considered a living wage here in the U.S. so I don't know why they are insisting on this. Anyway, he's headed here to give him some $$. He's going to spend $60 in gas with his hog of a vehicle when a 44 cent stamp could've done the same thing. Of course, now he also wants Lehi to cook some cabbage for him. All of this is just very very confusing to me. It doesn't make good sense. But I guess I'll be seeing him when I get home from work in a couple hours.

LOL, so you'll have some company waiting on you when you reach home huh? I love St. Maarten and want to go back there soon.

ROC

Timeline
Does that food budget include dining out as well? I'm very curious as to how you make $200 of groceries stretch for a month with a man. I'm guessing that Lehi hasn't gained 30+ lbs since he's been here (like unnamed people have).

No that is just 'groceries' but we don't spend much more eating out. The eating out is more 'discretionary' & I try to limit that to about $60-80 per month or LESS. I don't buy organic & I actively only shop sales & buy the things I need on the weeks they're on sale at whichever stores we shop. We only have Safeways, Luckys & other places like that so I have to always be on the lookout. I wish we had more of those 'bag your own' places where it's really cheap but those are somewhat out of the way. Some months I do go over a bit but usually that's when I've already met my allotted amount & find something on sale to stock up on so I just get it then.

I said I wasn't going to worry myself to death about it. He acts like he's been driving in snow for years so I can't tell him anything. Thanks, I hope he gets home safe too.

Why are guys like that?? Yes, try not to worry...he'll make it home.

:lol::lol: Please have a camera ready to click when that expression comes up!

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Irie those are fabulous presents, I love breadfruit. Why do I have Tin breadfruit and my Hubby won't touch it oh well?? ( shrugs shoulders)

I have a stigmatism too and had t get special contacts which I refuse to wear, this lasix is intriguing but I'm still scared. :yes:

LOL @ Tee and he kept shaking his head " NO MORE " :rofl::lol:

You and the locs haaaa my Mom is the same way they are to her batty and woh she better not make a sudden turn and wop right inna yuh face and that stings!!

Are you getting individuals or the strip?

That is so sweet Dens, I bet he is loving every minute of it!

Maybe there is a Canadian equivalent of Mint.com

That's a great rule same with me only eat out on Payday and its usually Pizza with coupons from Pizza which is a great deal for the whole family! :yes:

Yuh see it :huh:

:luv: :luv:

Yup I wear all kinds of false fake and fraudness as per my Husband LOL. Girl go on and rock those wigs! Have you tried a lacefront yet?

That's what's up Dillon!

Edited by 1luv

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Timeline
Ells, the story itself wasn't hilarious, but I'm over here :rofl::rofl: @ how perplexed you seem about the situation.

Maybe Lehi's dad is just using the money exchange as a reason to visit his son. I know *I* would never drive far to give someone something non-urgent, but some people don't mind.

I'm totally befuddled at the logic. I'm a very logical person & when something doesn't make sense, I just don't get how others don't GET IT! :blink::blink:

It's fine too if he wants to visit but if it were me, I'd make a day of it, especially after spending so much in gas. He should come tomorrow & we can go do some touristy stuff with him. He'd rather come here this evening & spend a few hours & drive the almost 2 hours back. :wacko:

LOL, He's going to be in a state of shock. Oh well, he could have just got a card and chocolate.

LOL, so you'll have some company waiting on you when you reach home huh? I love St. Maarten and want to go back there soon.

Yeah and the house is so cluttered still. I'm embarrassed but he's seen it before so it is what it is. My new goal for next week is after helping Lehi with his homework, to set my kitchen timer for one hour & de-clutter every night for that amount of time until the alarm goes off. Hopefully I can start to make some headway on it all after enough times. Then I'll be getting a new bookshelf to put it all away. I have plans! (Oops...went off on a tangent there.) So his Dad will be sitting amongst my clutter in our tiny apartment as Lehi cooks cabbage when I get home. LOL! What a picture!

Yes, we have plans to some day go to St. Maarten so I can finally meet his Mom in person. Not sure when that will be but when hubby gets a job, he can start saving & I hope we can get there by 2011. And after that we'll plan a trip back to JA.

Timeline

I make it sound like the only reason we'll go to St. Maarten is so I can meet her. It's also because he hasn't seen his Mom in YEARS! We'll be going there even before we go back to JA.

Timeline

Ells, you've inspired me to spend WAAAY less on groceries. I recently started cutting coupons, but now I'll also limit how much we spend on a grocery trip. That's not an area I've ever monitored, but from the reactions of the ladies today, I guess we're spending way more than necessary.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline
Ells, you've inspired me to spend WAAAY less on groceries. I recently started cutting coupons, but now I'll also limit how much we spend on a grocery trip. That's not an area I've ever monitored, but from the reactions of the ladies today, I guess we're spending way more than necessary.

I'm glad I could help! :thumbs: I religiously wait for the new grocery ads every week & compare them & scan for what's on my list. I mostly stick with the basics that we need for making meals with the occasional 'treat' thrown in. And again, unless absolutely necessary to make a planned dish, only buy something when it's on sale. Sometimes it means we have to wait a while before having something we might want but it helps to save money.

Timeline
I make it sound like the only reason we'll go to St. Maarten is so I can meet her. It's also because he hasn't seen his Mom in YEARS! We'll be going there even before we go back to JA.

That sounds like a plan. I met several jamaicans when I was there. One cutie, but I was dating Ray, so I had to pass him by. lol You'l love it and Lehi will be happy to see his mom I'm sure.

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.