MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 22)

5,017 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I had an astigmatism in both eyes too - They have improved their techniques and can now address them - Also, they have improved the contacts too, and the cost - But if you factor the cost of glasses / contacts over a 10 year period, Lasiks is actually cheaper in the long run.

Not to mention the convenience. I don't miss glasses/contacts one bit.

Funny thing about the "cheap shades" comment. I had this really cute pair of glasses I had just gotten before I decided on Lasix. They cost me a small fortune. So, I took them back to eye doctor and had him make them into sunglasses for another $50. I also joked that these were my $500 sunglasses. I cried when they finally broke.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning! Happy Friday!

Louis made it home safe... he is cold, but happy to be home.

Good morning all.. Glad to see Louis back with his leading ladies :)

Timeline

IrieCat, I paid $2600 for LASIK. I went with the particular doctor because my friend was in optometry school at the time (now she's practicing in New York) and that was the doctor that their class observed. Plus, someone else I knew went there & referred me. There is a much more expensive place (Berkeley Eye Center) that a lot of people referred, too, but I felt comfortable going to a doctor that an entire school recommended.

Nat, are you on something? All I saw when they did my lasix was it go black for like a heartbeat and then he was pretty much done.

Maybe you took too much valium to remember! :lol: They gave me 1/2 a tablet of valium beforehand, but at my weight, that didn't do A THING. But it went black only when they cut the flap. Then you could see the little white spatulas moving the flap out of the way. Then you're told to focus on the blinking red light (laser) and while it's blinking, it corrects your vision & becomes more & more in focus. Then they use the spatula to smooth the flap back over. I'm sure I left out some stuff, but that's most of what I remember.

...he chat bout mi gwaan bruk yuh out deh false false ting mi cyaa manage ie. Yuh have long hair den yuh guh sew in bags of hair when we sleep its all inna me face and all ova deh place mi cyaa breathe! :wow::bonk::blink:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
Hey B,

LOL I finally went to bed last night haaaa

But Girlllllll why did I ask Hubby to tek a piccha of my lashes so I can post. Then Lawd why mi tell him dat I wanted the longer lashes for the wedding then he chat bout mi gwaan bruk yuh out deh false false ting mi cyaa manage ie. Yuh have long hair den yuh guh sew in bags of hair when we sleep its all inna me face and all ova deh place mi cyaa breathe! :wow::bonk::blink:

I was like WHATEV :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I told him straight up no chaser we when you first met me I had a weavalicious do, and long lashes and you know I am extra its part of my DNA and you loved it!!!! I feel I am natural cause I don't wear alot of makeup only gloss and some eye shadow creme only when I step out. I told him I am a natural beauty and I don't need all that but I love mi hair and lashes and if this is and issue then I guess we both have one. OOOOOH why mi seh dat so he tell mi nuh worry myself I am ok with it, somehow I know he is not..........

This morning he tells me he loves me no matter what and doesn't want me to feel a way but sometimes he just thinks its a bit much. He is proud that I am always working on my myself to improve anyway I can but why can't I just be au-natural.

Well I guess I shouldn't have shown him the lashes with the diamonds on them LMAO he was like I'm gonna put out the trash. :bonk:

Mawning Ladies Happy Friday

Philly you have me ova here :rofl::rofl: about your lashes... Poor D! lol My hair slaps Steve all upside the head but when I told him I was going to cut it, he said I had no faith... Im not cutting it, just wanted to see what he'd say haha I think Im doing lashes when I go outta town in two weeks ;)

Morning Yardies!!! TGIF.... :dance::dance::dance:

Char, I got your text. Den will be getting his phone sometime this weekend so I know he will be hitting up your hubby soon! Thanks girl. Enjoy your weekend.

Irie, I know you happy your hubby is home! Awww...I know you missed him!

Ms. Sheka, I'm sure you will be fine with pulling the evidence since you have so much. You go girl, you guys are going to be fine!

KJ, I know you getting crunk over there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I brought Den into work with me today and he's a hit!! Everyone is so glad to finally meet him and all the Yardies here at work have been coming into my office this morning to meet him and give him the real deal about adjusting and all. It's been nothing but love! :thumbs:

We have a jammed packed weekend...so just wanted to drop in real quick!!!!

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

morning ladies! I tried to join Mint.com but it only caters to Americans :(

My most expensive expense is rent. We only eat out on Payday Fridays. :D

With Lasix are there payment arrangements or do I have to pay upfront?

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Timeline
Hey B,

LOL I finally went to bed last night haaaa

But Girlllllll why did I ask Hubby to tek a piccha of my lashes so I can post. Then Lawd why mi tell him dat I wanted the longer lashes for the wedding then he chat bout mi gwaan bruk yuh out deh false false ting mi cyaa manage ie. Yuh have long hair den yuh guh sew in bags of hair when we sleep its all inna me face and all ova deh place mi cyaa breathe! :wow::bonk::blink:

I was like WHATEV :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I told him straight up no chaser we when you first met me I had a weavalicious do, and long lashes and you know I am extra its part of my DNA and you loved it!!!! I feel I am natural cause I don't wear alot of makeup only gloss and some eye shadow creme only when I step out. I told him I am a natural beauty and I don't need all that but I love mi hair and lashes and if this is and issue then I guess we both have one. OOOOOH why mi seh dat so he tell mi nuh worry myself I am ok with it, somehow I know he is not..........

This morning he tells me he loves me no matter what and doesn't want me to feel a way but sometimes he just thinks its a bit much. He is proud that I am always working on my myself to improve anyway I can but why can't I just be au-natural.

Well I guess I shouldn't have shown him the lashes with the diamonds on them LMAO he was like I'm gonna put out the trash. :bonk:

Mawning Ladies Happy Friday

LOL ur hubby is too funny!!

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Timeline
Not to mention the convenience. I don't miss glasses/contacts one bit.

Funny thing about the "cheap shades" comment. I had this really cute pair of glasses I had just gotten before I decided on Lasix. They cost me a small fortune. So, I took them back to eye doctor and had him make them into sunglasses for another $50. I also joked that these were my $500 sunglasses. I cried when they finally broke.

It's funny - I can't wear cheap shades - I have to find polarized lenses, which are harder to find in cheap shades. It's funny though - DJ has seen the difference in the lenses, and has the same issue since his accident - so he always tries to steal my glasses when I am there!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
IrieCat, I paid $2600 for LASIK. I went with the particular doctor because my friend was in optometry school at the time (now she's practicing in New York) and that was the doctor that their class observed. Plus, someone else I knew went there & referred me. There is a much more expensive place (Berkeley Eye Center) that a lot of people referred, too, but I felt comfortable going to a doctor that an entire school recommended.

Maybe you took too much valium to remember! :lol: They gave me 1/2 a tablet of valium beforehand, but at my weight, that didn't do A THING. But it went black only when they cut the flap. Then you could see the little white spatulas moving the flap out of the way. Then you're told to focus on the blinking red light (laser) and while it's blinking, it corrects your vision & becomes more & more in focus. Then they use the spatula to smooth the flap back over. I'm sure I left out some stuff, but that's most of what I remember.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I didn't take anything beforehand.

morning ladies! I tried to join Mint.com but it only caters to Americans :(

My most expensive expense is rent. We only eat out on Payday Fridays. :D

With Lasix are there payment arrangements or do I have to pay upfront?

I made payments.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
Good morning all.. Glad to see Louis back with his leading ladies :)

Aww Tierra was so happy to see him. :)

They will be arguing tonight...LOL...

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
It's funny - I can't wear cheap shades - I have to find polarized lenses, which are harder to find in cheap shades. It's funny though - DJ has seen the difference in the lenses, and has the same issue since his accident - so he always tries to steal my glasses when I am there!

I apparently have this really soft head cause when I wear my favorite sunglasses.....which are Brighton.....they leave these indentations on the side of my head, just above my ears. Don't even get me started on bf's jokes about my soft head. But, if they aren't tight, they slide down my nose and bug the ####### out of me. I finally found the perfect one's at Walmart in the men's section. They have these nose piece things on them, don't crush my skull, and are only $5. The downside is I seem to break them too much. Faster then I think I should anyhow. They don't last more then a few months.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

who in here wears half wigs? I permed my hair in august 2009 and have not permed it since. I am going back natural. My transition style is braids. Well after a while it looks tired looking. I dont know I thought wigs were for old ppl...hubby loves them!! He says I dont have to weave/braid my hair anymore and when we are invited to go out I dont have to make up the excuse my hair is not done!I tried some I wish I knew how to post but I dont. Well do so on FB on the weekend

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Timeline
Morning Yardies!!! TGIF.... :dance::dance::dance:

Char, I got your text. Den will be getting his phone sometime this weekend so I know he will be hitting up your hubby soon! Thanks girl. Enjoy your weekend.

Irie, I know you happy your hubby is home! Awww...I know you missed him!

Ms. Sheka, I'm sure you will be fine with pulling the evidence since you have so much. You go girl, you guys are going to be fine!

KJ, I know you getting crunk over there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I brought Den into work with me today and he's a hit!! Everyone is so glad to finally meet him and all the Yardies here at work have been coming into my office this morning to meet him and give him the real deal about adjusting and all. It's been nothing but love! :thumbs:

We have a jammed packed weekend...so just wanted to drop in real quick!!!!

Thats so nice Den could come to work with you! He must feel welcomed!

I hope you all have a GREAT weekend!!

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

Yes, my eye Drs have always told me I should be wearing fairly dark sunglasses for most of the day, whether it is sunny or not. I have super sensitive eyes. Sometimes when its just a little light out they go blurry and water and I cannot keep my eyes open to save my life. Its as if someone is shining a spotlight in my eyes from 2 inches away.

I kinda want to get the transitions lenses. So they adjust... LOL... I will be the cool chic with sunglasses on inside!hahaha!

fkn0hd.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.