MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 22)

5,017 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning! Happy Friday!

Louis made it home safe... he is cold, but happy to be home.

Welcome back Louis.

Sus - when are you suppose to leave? Hope you don't get snowed in.

I gotta check this mint thingy out. I spend too much money on unneccesary stuff.

Edited by Shemmy

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mawning Yardiesm1235.gif today is evidence day :yes: i am sorting through 5 years worth of proof trying to decide what to take to the interview( well i know what i need i just can't make up my mind :blink: ) :help:

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

I think I would be afraid to check with MINT... I get anxiety when I think about money too much.

Louis and I have a plan and I need to STICK TO IT! Then I wont have the anxiety. I want to be happy to sit and watch the money grow... now I am happier spending money! ;)

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
*shiver* *squirm* :blink:

Nat, are you on something? All I saw when they did my lasix was it go black for like a heartbeat and then he was pretty much done.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

You were a late night vjer tonight for sure.

Isn't watching movies with hubby the best...well best G rated activity anyways. :devil:

Can't wait to see a pic. I almost think you should name your lashes. :rofl::rofl:

Who still is down there? Ells, Sunray?? Well hello to anyone still left.

Hey B,

LOL I finally went to bed last night haaaa

But Girlllllll why did I ask Hubby to tek a piccha of my lashes so I can post. Then Lawd why mi tell him dat I wanted the longer lashes for the wedding then he chat bout mi gwaan bruk yuh out deh false false ting mi cyaa manage ie. Yuh have long hair den yuh guh sew in bags of hair when we sleep its all inna me face and all ova deh place mi cyaa breathe! :wow::bonk::blink:

I was like WHATEV :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I told him straight up no chaser we when you first met me I had a weavalicious do, and long lashes and you know I am extra its part of my DNA and you loved it!!!! I feel I am natural cause I don't wear alot of makeup only gloss and some eye shadow creme only when I step out. I told him I am a natural beauty and I don't need all that but I love mi hair and lashes and if this is and issue then I guess we both have one. OOOOOH why mi seh dat so he tell mi nuh worry myself I am ok with it, somehow I know he is not..........

This morning he tells me he loves me no matter what and doesn't want me to feel a way but sometimes he just thinks its a bit much. He is proud that I am always working on my myself to improve anyway I can but why can't I just be au-natural.

Well I guess I shouldn't have shown him the lashes with the diamonds on them LMAO he was like I'm gonna put out the trash. :bonk:

Mawning Ladies Happy Friday

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I watched a little bit. It was kinda boring. I rather see my own eye.

The part that the video can't capture though is that when the laser is blinking on your eye, correcting it, your vision improves before your own "eye." It was so weird for me watching the light go from out of focus to in focus so quickly.

--------------------------

Looking at the mint.com trends from September to January, here are a few areas that grew significantly.

Groceries: $247 --> $ $456

Int'l Calls: $55 --> $134

Fast Food: $25 --> $195

<unnamed>: $15 --> $316 :wow:

Just in those 4 categories, spending is up $759/month. So you see why I don't mind keeping a $120 housekeeper, when we can cut that out so easily in another category.

I did ask Steven yesterday if he felt like we should get rid of the housekeeper to save $$. He said we shouldn't do that to her considering she was just robbed Tuesday. I'm sure if I wait a few months, he'd have another reason not to get rid of her (which is 100% fine with me!).

Nat is leaving us in suspense with the unnamed increase :rofl: Ok. I guess I don't feel so bad about my grocery bill now. I'm a feeding 4 people (myself, a 7 year old, a broke 20-year old brother and my hungry Jamaican husband). And we very rarely eat out. I guess maybe I need to find other areas to complain about...like our $215 entertainment charges to the comedy club, Dave and Busters and the jamaican club last weekend

K-1 Timeline

8/27/2009 - Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS

8/28/2009 - NOA 1

10/06/2009 - NOA2 received!!! Thank you lord!!

11/24/2009 - Interview Scheduled at 8:30am*APPROVED*

12/02/2009 - VISA IN HAND

12/04/2009 - POE - Atlanta, GA

AOS Timeline

1/16/2010 - Wedding *Viva Las Vegas*

2/02/2010 - Mailed AOS/AP/EAP

2/03/2010 - Package arrived to Chicago Lockbox

2/09/2010 - Received NOA1 notice via email

2/10/2010 - Check cashed

2/13/2010 - Received NOA1 hardcopy

2/23/2010 - Case transferred to California

2/26/2010 - Biometrics Appt. 11am

3/1/2010 - Touched

4/2/2010 - AP Approved (Email and Text Notification)

4/2/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered

4/10/2010 - EAD and AP received in the mail!!

Timeline
Wow! I thought I spent alot on groceries and I have a kid! But you guys do wayyyy better on the int'l calls.. that is my highest bill.

If you don't mind me asking... how much was Lasik? I would LOVE to get it done. A few years back I didn't qualify for the surgery because it had not advanced enough for my astigmitism but the Dr told me to just wait a few years and he was sure they would be able to help me.....

My Lasiks cost around $3500 - there were places that do it cheaper, but I would rather spend the money and go to a doctor I trust - My doctor is a professor at Yale Medical School -

Welcome back Louis.

Sus - when are you suppose to leave? Hope you don't get snowed in.

I gotta check this mint thingy out. I spend too much money on unneccesary stuff.

I fly out tomorrow am, I am praying I don't get snowed in either! I am driving down tonight and doing park, sleep, fly at the airport so that I don't have to stress driving in snow if it happens. I heard from Yankee this am - they reached Charlotte, and were boarding their connection to JA. So wish I was on the flight with them!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Morning Yardies!! TGIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!! I am so ready for the weekend. Don't have anything special planned, just happy to be off from work. Enjoy your weekend.

@ MamaJew - Hope you get some rest soon mama!!! Like the new pic.

@My2 - Good luck on the wedding planning and try to relax...Forgot to mention when you were looking for tablecloths the other day...Some good websites to visit are www.weddingbee.com and www.weddingbycolor.com. They both have a classified sections that contains lots of wedding stuff for sale from other brides. I bought a couple of items off of here for my September ceremony. You can always negotitiate prices, as well.

@Nat - I don't think I need to go to mint.com. My highest area of spending is in-grained in my brain...I had to skip the grocery store and start shopping at Sam's Club. My grocery bill went from $175/month to over $400!!! We also spend alot of money on entertainment. Entertainment for one was already pretty pricey, but now that I am entertaining two we are going to have to make some adjustments....

It wasn't really a hassle. Just time-consuming...Expect to spend several hours of your time...I guarantee you will also see some interesting people. Just be sure you get several copies of you marriage license to cart around. Also be sure to be cute on driver's license day. They made me take a new pic and get rid of my cute pic. They also have a rule now that gives you a paper license until your permanent one arrives. I was like WTH!! What do i look like whipping this out at the club???

I will text you Ivan's no. to give to your boo.

Good luck, KJ. Get some JA sun for me. Can't wait to get back.

They do that at DMV cause a lot of illegal DL's were getting through. It's also why you have to have so much damn proof of identity now. Extra checks sucks.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Goodmorning yardies, TGIF!!

Hopefully the weekend will go fast and by the time you know it I'll be outta this damn cold, I can't wait!

*3 Days Til I See My Honey Bun, 6 Days Til Interview*

Typing that just now made my heart skip a beat coz now it finally sunk in that I'm almost there. But I'm pretty confident though, got my pink binder full of evidence and everything that they require just in case my SO "forget" anything.

Have a good day all...

Wow the day is truly drawing near that's whats up! Yes girl you make sure you carry everything cause you as the petitioner should have copies of all the original docs sent! If you need a checklist I can email you the one I used and sent to a few Yardies as well. Are you deh pon FB?

Good Morning ladies and Happy Friday! I am so happy the weekend is finally here . I cant wait to get off work today and just relax.

Mawning where are you in the country are you getting bombed with snow too?

Morning all! KJenkins, you land in JA on Yankee's wedding day!

Hey Sus, I hope your flight is not in jeopardy!

Good Morning! Happy Friday!

Louis made it home safe... he is cold, but happy to be home.

:dance::star::dance: YAY! wha he bring back?

Good morning!

Hey Nat TGIF

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
Wow! I thought I spent alot on groceries and I have a kid! But you guys do wayyyy better on the int'l calls.. that is my highest bill.

If you don't mind me asking... how much was Lasik? I would LOVE to get it done. A few years back I didn't qualify for the surgery because it had not advanced enough for my astigmitism but the Dr told me to just wait a few years and he was sure they would be able to help me.....

Mine was $799 an eye. And I had an astigmitism in one eye. I was also nearly blind as a bat.

Groceries is where I spend the least. But, I really don't eat that much. I've put this up before but if anyone has an angel foods or food share america nearby, you can save A LOT on food. http://www.angelfoodministries.com/ http://www.foodshareamerica.com/ We are in a fruit/vegetable co-op too. Food is where I am able to cut costs the most.

Mawning Yardiesm1235.gif today is evidence day :yes: i am sorting through 5 years worth of proof trying to decide what to take to the interview( well i know what i need i just can't make up my mind :blink: ) :help:

Overwhelm them with that evidence. Just make sure it's organized so you can find what you need if they ask.

You will be fine.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
My Lasiks cost around $3500 - there were places that do it cheaper, but I would rather spend the money and go to a doctor I trust - My doctor is a professor at Yale Medical School -

I fly out tomorrow am, I am praying I don't get snowed in either! I am driving down tonight and doing park, sleep, fly at the airport so that I don't have to stress driving in snow if it happens. I heard from Yankee this am - they reached Charlotte, and were boarding their connection to JA. So wish I was on the flight with them!

I went to a center in our area that only does Lasix. I researched like you wouldn't believe.....Reviews, AMA, BBB, you name it. There was nothing a $3,000 doctor could offer me that this center did not. But, I do agree with you on it.....there were some advertising $299 an eye....they drove in, did it in their "medical center".....IMO Cheech and Chong surgery on wheels van....and then drove out. I wanted a place where if I had issues, they were going to always be available.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Philly... He brought me back a small painting, earrings and a bottle of my favorite rum. Oh and some breadfruit! :)

Lasik isnt as expensive as I thought! I should check it out again. What I wouldnt do to not have to wear glasses and look cute in some cheap shades!

I have a severe astigmitism in both eyes... my eye balls are football shaped instead of round. Its pretty bad! I am blind without glasses... like walking into stuff blind. I used to get contacts at $600 a pair just so I could look cute going out... still couldnt see right. Couldnt wear them to work or drive.

I like to think I have pretty eyes, and like to wear eyeshadow, makeup etc... but with glasses its all too much!

Edited by IrieCat

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
Philly... I brought me back a small painting, earrings and a bottle of my favorite rum. Oh and some breadfruit! :)

Lasik isnt as expensive as I thought! I should check it out again. What I wouldnt do to not have to wear glasses and look cute in some cheap shades!

I have a severe astigmitism in both eyes... my eye balls are football shaped instead of round. Its pretty bad! I am blind without glasses... like walking into stuff blind. I used to get contacts at $600 a pair just so I could look cute going out... still couldnt see right. Couldnt wear them to work or drive.

I like to think I have pretty eyes, and like to wear eyeshadow, makeup etc... but with glasses its all too much!

I had an astigmatism in both eyes too - They have improved their techniques and can now address them - Also, they have improved the contacts too, and the cost - But if you factor the cost of glasses / contacts over a 10 year period, Lasiks is actually cheaper in the long run.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Tee and Philly! Nat was here but I don't see her any more. LOL too about shutting down so Steven doesn't feel attacked again.

I don't know how to quote multiple people. So I'm just rambling.

Oh yea Philly it was just 1 damn valium and I was asking for more saying I was still scared, but they said I was talking different so they knew I was feeling the affects and would be OK. I was really scared and kept waiting for the bad part but it never came and was over in a flash. I agree though anything with the eyes is hard because if you don't like something, like a shot, you just look the other way. Can't do that when the eye is the issue. Also, LOL @ Philly saying she can only handle the lashes near her eyes. I wore them for my wedding and I noticed in my wedding video I did a lot of blinking, so I don't know how you manage them.

I wore them too. My daughter put them on for me and I found them to be comfortable

Timeline
I had an astigmatism in both eyes too - They have improved their techniques and can now address them - Also, they have improved the contacts too, and the cost - But if you factor the cost of glasses / contacts over a 10 year period, Lasiks is actually cheaper in the long run.

I have to wear those stupid weighted contacts... so if I move my head all everything goes blurry. They dont fit right on my eyeball.. it was all for superficial reasons I had them.

I at least need new glasses... it has been too long. But at least the past 5 years or more my eyesight has stablized.

fkn0hd.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.