MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 22)

5,017 posts in this topic

Mawning Ladies, another busy day ahead but at least its Hump Day!!!!!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey TAMH, How are you girl?

I agree with TAMH KJenkins. Ignore stupid people and I'm sure this will not be the last time for comments like that. I had them too, but it was my decision in the end. We knew what we would have to take on bringing them here and don't need anyone else to tell us.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

I'm wonderful, just counting down the days to my interview.

I couldn't help but notice you were inquiring about rental car for a friend. I work with a car rental company and would be able to offer some assistance. When is your friend coming to Jamaica? Will he/she be landing in Kingston or Montego Bay?

TAMH

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Going through this process I learned that people will act like they are happy for you until you tell them that your man is actually scheduled to come to the USA. Once you say he's on the way here, the true colors come out and most of the folks that were happy for will now turn on you. Serious ting dat! May not happen to everyone, but I know it has happened to several people.

Yup..

As I tell my mom and dad, I won't be the first to bring a yardie to the states and I definietly won't be the last. If God forbid he goes shady on me, oh well, move the hell on and atleast I was happy while we were at it. I know 1 thing for sure though, if it doesn't work out peoplewill say "a green card him did waan" Dem nah go seh a cuda sometim else :angry:

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Morning ladies!

Kjen... your co-worker said this to you?? Not even a family member!? Seems like they have a lot of nerve saying that #######! People need to keep their opinions to themselves!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I couldn't help but notice you were inquiring about rental car for a friend. I work with a car rental company and would be able to offer some assistance. When is your friend coming to Jamaica? Will he/she be landing in Kingston or Montego Bay?

I know TAMH, I kept saying I was going to PM you. I'm sending it now.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

Oh really tam? AMQUEENS is looking for something affordable. She lands in kin but leaves from mobay

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

Timeline
Yup..

As I tell my mom and dad, I won't be the first to bring a yardie to the states and I definietly won't be the last. If God forbid he goes shady on me, oh well, move the hell on and atleast I was happy while we were at it. I know 1 thing for sure though, if it doesn't work out peoplewill say "a green card him did waan" Dem nah go seh a cuda sometim else :angry:

I second you on that girl.

Oh really tam? AMQUEENS is looking for something affordable. She lands in kin but leaves from mobay

I'll send her a PM.

TAMH

Timeline
Morning ladies!

Kjen... your co-worker said this to you?? Not even a family member!? Seems like they have a lot of nerve saying that #######! People need to keep their opinions to themselves!

Yup :yes: She sure did..

Family hasn't said it to me but I know that they're saying "oh boy, another man that wants a green card" coz my sister did the same for her husband and after 3 kids and his greencard he left...

But I have to learn that people are nosey and will always have something bad to say

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Going through this process I learned that people will act like they are happy for you until you tell them that your man is actually scheduled to come to the USA. Once you say he's on the way here, the true colors come out and most of the folks that were happy for will now turn on you. Serious ting dat! May not happen to everyone, but I know it has happened to several people.

Very true. Five years in and I still hear crazy stories. Someone told yesterday that Damien is going to take my baby back to JA once he's born :blink:

Two weeks ago a co-worker called him a sugar daddy for taking care of his responsibilites like paying bills. When I told a friend she said I was more like a sugar momma. I asked her how and she had no response :whistle:

I was told by a few vets they were extremely envious that Damien and I made it this far :blink: So you never know who is happy for you.

You have to have tough skin in these relationships.

Timeline
OK thanks Tee! LMAO @ DW not chatting tonight. Wonder how night one of holding out is going to be?? I also wonder if Den did decide on wearing the gold suit so she could easily spot him? Hopefully she reports back soon.

Earlier we were talking about Valentine's Day and our men. Well tonight I hinted about it b saying they sure are coming our with a lot of love stories for Valentines Day weekend. My hubby says "what? is that this weekend". Why oh why are these men so clueless?? They should see Feb 1st and immediately think Valentine's Day. My hubby has access to money but not to a store on his own. I guess its out to the yard to pick a flower for him too. ahaha

They don't understand its the thought that counts concept! Good morning Yardies :)

Happy Hump Day Yardies! :thumbs: I can't sleep since I'm still in disbelief that Den is actually here. :D

He did not have on that gold suit (Thank God)...he's flight landed about 45 minutes early so I knew I would definitely make it to see him before he reached baggage claims...I waited on him for about an hour and even asked an employee at the airport about how long it usually takes...was it normal cause I was honestly started to get worried. About 15 minutes later I see my baby coming up from the train and so the airport employee did a big show and dance for him singing welcome to Atlanta and your fiance asked me to sing this song to you... Den was so shame...poe thang! :no: We went to get his luggage and I had his coat waiting for him! We went to get something to eat and came back home to just take everything in...he's knocked out sleep! Awww....I still can't believe he is actually here. I knew this day would come but it has not hit me yet...we survived night 1...now the morning is a new feat! :devil: We can do it.... :whistle:

Awwwww DW thats so sweet! Welcome to the US Den!!!

Hey DW, thanks for the update. You adressed my two wonders. Way to go! I'm disappointed he didn't come in the gold suit but imagine the crowd between the airport worker signing and your honey's attire. I know for me I still can't believe hubby is here and it's almost 5 months later. Next your are going to wonder how in the world you were ever able to leave him and go months in between without seeing him.

I finally updated my name on here. I just dropped the "B" because I'm no longer Thompson to be, but rather a Thompson too.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay Brooke! :thumbs:

Morning all!

Love this:

funny-pictures-cat-owns-bride.jpg

this is cute Philly will love it!

i need an updated list tracy!!!!!!!!!!

Gotchu !

Timeline
Very true. Five years in and I still hear crazy stories. Someone told yesterday that Damien is going to take my baby back to JA once he's born :blink:

Two weeks ago a co-worker called him a sugar daddy for taking care of his responsibilities like paying bills. When I told a friend she said I was more like a sugar momma. I asked her how and she had no response :whistle:

I was told by a few vets they were extremely envious that Damien and I made it this far :blink: So you never know who is happy for you.

ppl just need to mind their own business and realize that it's your life and you live it in a way that makes you happy. We shouldn't get offended when people who are not important to us make stupid comments as it's just their jealous talking.

TAMH

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Two weeks ago a co-worker called him a sugar daddy for taking care of his responsibilites like paying bills. When I told a friend she said I was more like a sugar momma. I asked her how and she had no response :whistle:

see you can't win either way

one calling you a sugar mama, another calling him sugar daddy

so you may as well live and let live

but in any case how the hell is he a sugar daddy for paying the bills? isn't a marriage a partnership?

this is cute Philly will love it!

i was just thinking this is a scene from philly's vows renewal ceremony

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: Timeline

Shem-- I just had to log in and laugh at that one :rofl: damn chupid ediat...some people just don't what to say and you have to ignore them. People have said some horrible things to me that they were too scared to say in the room, they choose to talk about me in their PM bax...like mi always seh "FLY KNOW WAH FI FOLLOW"

Shem -- another thing...mek dem rass "HATE" -- people jus a dead fi my realtionship drap dung -- since a my grave dem a dig mek dem dig one fi dem self tuh :angry: -- CAN'T stand a HATER or RED eye people :angry: -- cho now mi bex

ussshhhhhhh Mich -- you shouldn't have stayed up late. I was going to call you cause hubby was at school he had fun driving in the snow. We got up at 6:30 this morning had some coffee, friend breadfruit and fish and started shoveling show. I' got to get me s a snow blower.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.