MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 22)

5,017 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mawnin Yardies!!!

Dens today is the big day!! Congrats to you and all of the other upcoming interviews, weddings, etc.. I finally got a chance to mail off the AOS package today. We couldn't get Ivan's medical exam until Saturday so that delayed things slightly. I sure hope we can make the wedding to JA in April, but its not looking good...

yep Friday.....and then 1 week from today i will be marrying my best friend!!!!!!!!!!!! im excited but getting nervous!

Congratulations. I know you are so excited!!

Good morning! Yes, today is my day...so excited.... :dance::dance::dance: so darn tired! I didn't go to bed until after 1 a.m. just couldn't go to sleep. Now that I'm at work the sleep wants to come down.

Yes, next week is full of events. Congrats to everyone! :dance::dance:

:devil:

Hey Ya'll.

Just checking in for a minute. Den's Wifey...I am so excited for you. You day is here.

My daughter was accepted into Temple University :dance::dance: Her top pick school. I'm so happy and proud of her :wub: .

Will be back during my lunch hour.

Congratulations. That is awesome. I know you are so proud of her.

K-1 Timeline

8/27/2009 - Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS

8/28/2009 - NOA 1

10/06/2009 - NOA2 received!!! Thank you lord!!

11/24/2009 - Interview Scheduled at 8:30am*APPROVED*

12/02/2009 - VISA IN HAND

12/04/2009 - POE - Atlanta, GA

AOS Timeline

1/16/2010 - Wedding *Viva Las Vegas*

2/02/2010 - Mailed AOS/AP/EAP

2/03/2010 - Package arrived to Chicago Lockbox

2/09/2010 - Received NOA1 notice via email

2/10/2010 - Check cashed

2/13/2010 - Received NOA1 hardcopy

2/23/2010 - Case transferred to California

2/26/2010 - Biometrics Appt. 11am

3/1/2010 - Touched

4/2/2010 - AP Approved (Email and Text Notification)

4/2/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered

4/10/2010 - EAD and AP received in the mail!!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
irie whenever you mention food that you are excited about, my face screws all up LOL

maybe i should try it tho and lose the dang pot belly!!

1luv.. ft lauderdale sounds nice, you know that was my second home when hubby was there. MEMORIES LOL.. so w/ the us perm residence.. roger could come to canada like ya'll come here??

I dont know how it works in the US...but with my hubby he had to get a US visa cuz he only has his permanent resident card. When he gets Canadian citizenship(one more yr) then hes straight!

U know I was saying to hubby I would really like to visit Texas..he like fi wah all u ago si is pure cowbwoy and country!! I was laughing soooo hard!!!!!!! I told him there are Jamaican living there.......bout he dont believe me

Edited by 1luv

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Morning Yardies!

YAY DENS! We're all feeling your excitement for you today! I know this day is going to draaaag but hey, you're ahead of me so already I'm guessing you're about at the halfway point till you see him. SOON COME! :thumbs::dance::dance:

Morning Ells, thank you! He just checked in and is about to have some lunch! Actually today is going by fast since I've been busy working on some files! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

For those parents struggling with spelling. You really have to be patient and work on sounds... when you are saying the words to them ennunciate clearly as you can so they get it. Spelling is nothing but repetition. As long as you do that, you should be okay. When they are not doing spelling and your out and about make it a game show them a word and ask them to spell it. Challenge them as much as you can...

EXACTLY.. thats the problem.. when she says the word everyday and writes the word everyday

she gets 100

when you LOOK at the paper everyday.. you will get a 80.. point blank..

you cannot expect to make the grade w/out doing the work and she does NOT want to do the work when she is used to making a 100 without it..she doesn't understand the words are getting more difficult and it requires a different approach..

but this past six weeks was her wake up call when she saw that big 85 on her report card..

she is not giving me so much drama when i remind her to write her words

Timeline
Hey Ya'll.

Just checking in for a minute. Den's Wifey...I am so excited for you. You day is here.

My daughter was accepted into Temple University :dance::dance: Her top pick school. I'm so happy and proud of her :wub: .

alright shemster.. where is that school now?? will she be free? :whistle: lol

Mawnin Yardies!!!

Dens today is the big day!! Congrats to you and all of the other upcoming interviews, weddings, etc.. I finally got a chance to mail off the AOS package today. We couldn't get Ivan's medical exam until Saturday so that delayed things slightly. I sure hope we can make the wedding to JA in April, but its not looking good...

Congratulations. I know you are so excited!!

Hi Char! Yes, lady today is the day...you know I am over here all the way turned up!!!! Congrats on getting your AOS package out the door. I'm hoping for a speedy approval for you guys! :thumbs:

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline
Yes, Quana, with a GC he can enter Canada

http://www.consular.canada.usembassy.gov/enter_canada.asp

thank you my SUSter LOL

he said he could, i wanted to double check.. he have some fam up that way..

so look out for us 1luv!!

hope you have some napurality by then!!

how are you liking being relaxed??? lol

Hey Ya'll.

Hi Shemmy, thank you! Congratulations on your daughter being accepted into her top pick!!! That is awesome! :dance::dance::dance:

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I want to move to Arizona primarily for the heat LOL but here is a list I found on the net that was cute. My Plants would flourish there!

YES! AZ is LOTS closer to CA too! And then you could bring all those JA plants with you & I could come & take baby ones from you (or however that works with plants)! LOL!

Morning Q, thank you! I'm over here and I can't stop smiling. Denton called me this morning on his way to the airport and I felt his dimples pushing through the phone...he's like a little boy on the first day of school! :lol:

:blink::lol::luv:

Oh AZ sounds nice too! I drove to the Grand Canyon from Maine when I was in college (hippie road trip)... Went to Flagstaff.... saw snow... drove down to Tucson to see the cactus... Oh I loved it! The only thing for me is I like to live near a body of water!

Philly ... if you go, I will go! ;)

If you both go, I'll visit both of you! Or you both could come visit me in San Francisco! :yes:

LOL.... me with some REDDDDD hair... but the bottom is hippie me at the Grand Canyon!

n772893658_2244006_7766112.jpg

Wow....look at you all 'wild child' with your red hair! Great pics!

aww.. thanks for asking..

both are doing EXCELLENT.. but for the first time in their academic careers are seeing the need to study.

i feel for them cuz i was like them.. i never needed to study to get A's which made me lazy and crippled me as i approached college..it really was hard to perfect those study habits, in fact i never really did, just dropped classes i wasn't naturally well at :whistle:

taylor is finding spanish to be her challenge.. and steph.. my 8 yr old spelling..

they used to get upset when they make a B, but now they are cool :angry: .. im not joe jackson or anything.. but i know their potential and i don't want them to accept "good enough" just becuz they don't wanna study..

i have told them.. no more tv the first hour at home..we will study and prepare for the day to come..

whether you have finished your h/w or not, cuz by the time we get home.. they usually have done their hw at school or in the car..

its hard being a mama sometimes, esp when i don't like doing the things im making them do :blink: but parenthood is full of double standards and hypocrisy isn't it??

:wacko:

as for the fam, i thought things were better with all of us.. going to dinner, playing wii, laughing and joking, but roger told me to talk to them again, cuz they still rarely speak in the mornings and when he drops them off and pick them up from skool... :wacko::wacko::wacko:

.. he said when he gets a job, he will take them out more so they can get comfortable with him.. im like YESSS pls take some initiative, cuz all my talking is not helping..

what do i do? punish them for not speaking more often?? i know they should, but its really not something we (my family) have taught.. i know after 7 mnths they should have caught on by now tho, so i understand his point too.. :unsure:

i bet roger can't wait till his kids come so he can show me how well trained kids should act LOL

BWOY.. you ask for an inch and i give you a mile right.. LOL

I feel you on that....I was same way in elementary school but later on, I just wasn't good with my studying or time management skills & it made things a struggle.

That's good you enforce the 'no TV' rule so they have study time. I tell ya, I'm not sure I'll be cut out for the Mom thing & helping with homework. Last night helping Lehi with his drove me nearly crazy! I wanted to SHAKE him HARD!! He is doing great with learning but then some nights I wonder what the hell happened because it's like he backslides by about 2 months & forgets everything he was easily doing just a few nights before. If that's how frustrating it can be with helping kids with homework, I don't think I can be a parent! :bonk:

It does sound like Roger just needs some more one-on-one time with the girls. Is there anything that he likes to do (besides soccer) that he could share with them? Any activity that they don't know about that he could show them? Maybe if there was something, he could teach them & that would be the thing they could bond over. It sounds like other than having a lack of things to say, they are behaving pretty well. Maybe they are just not sure what to chat with him about & need to find some common ground.

Timeline
I dont know how it works in the US...but with my hubby he had to get a US visa cuz he only has his permanent resident card. When he gets Canadian citizenship(one more yr) then hes straight!

U know I was saying to hubby I would really like to visit Texas..he like fi wah all u ago si is pure cowbwoy and country!! I was laughing soooo hard!!!!!!! I told him there are Jamaican living there.......bout he dont believe me

:rofl::rofl:

mi dunno who a stawt dat lie chat bout cowboy and country..LOL

but let jahlove tell it, that rumor is true :bonk: noboddy a tell ar fi move inna di bush LOL

so dont stop at her house first, ya'll make sure ya come to DALLAS and i bet he won't see no horse or tumbleweeds

Timeline
thank you my SUSter LOL

he said he could, i wanted to double check.. he have some fam up that way..

so look out for us 1luv!!

hope you have some napurality by then!!

how are you liking being relaxed??? lol

LOL - I had to find the link, but I have been to Canada with a GC holder before -

I am now up to 160 "Reply all" emails to the spam one this morning :blink:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

LOL - I had to find the link, but I have been to Canada with a GC holder before -

I am now up to 160 "Reply all" emails to the spam one this morning :blink:

:angry:

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

Our Advance Parole petition was touched today! :dance: Strangely, I dreamed that one of our cases was touched last night, and was disappointed when I checked this morning. But by lunchtime, it was touched. I hope it gets approved soon, as Steven is eagerly awaiting visiting his family/friends.

I tried THE dress on last night and it fits woooohoooo I am so happy! Hard work does pay off now just have to stay on track for the remaining 12 days :yes:

That's great news, Philly! All your hard work has paid off. :star:

Edited by NatPatBen

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
lol.. sounds like you got some good kids girl.. don't let them let go of those goals no matter what comes! boredom, babies , boys whatever.

i know i have not reached my potential, i glided by on what God blessed me with and by the time i was challenged.. i was too lazy and complacent to hold on to my desire for excellence.

I know you got this girl.. STAY ON'EM!!

Thank you Q, you know I will! For my son its major because he was almost a lost soul but now he has that sparkle in his eye.. aint no stopping him now. With my daughter, I have to keep on pushin...

I know your girls will be great.. They have a good support system at home and thats where it begins..... Don't be too hard on them with Roger. I think spending time with just him will help alot. I usually leave Steve and Kay on their own. I go in my room and fall back. Then when I go get something to drink or the bathroom, they are either laughin it up, playin dominoes/cards or serious convo cause they both look at me like :blink: and then keep talking lol so I know progress is always being made. As much as I fuss about things on here that is the one thing Im blessed about. How well they have accepted Steve and that is half the battle!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.