MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 22)

5,017 posts in this topic

I cannot wait for lunch! I got some vegetarian "pulled pork" , it is sooooooooo good. And I got cole slaw and some yummy rolls. Going to make me a nice sammich! I think I just heard my stomach growl!!

Irie is it soy?

I got more Morning star farms patties last night so I could put in my salad thanks for the idea!

I tried THE dress on last night and it fits woooohoooo I am so happy! Hard work does pay off now just have to stay on track for the remaining 12 days :yes:

What? :rofl:

I gotta watch it. Maybe I will just pre-warn him so he can play dominoes with the kids :rofl::lol:

Haaaaaa Damian was telling Roman his best friend a Yard that we were in the Subway and 2 guys were kissing right in front of him :blink: He was very still and slowly backed up. He never made a negative comment he is getting better not used it but knowing that its a part of life here and its the way it is. I am so proud of him :star:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Dancehall and reggae music is in trouble as yet another one of its stars is doing battle with the law. As previously reported Buju Banton was arrested December 10 after police say he conspired to buy more than five kilograms of cocaine from an undercover police officer and is currently fighting those charges.

Now adding his name to the list is Sizzla Kalonji. Sizzla was arrested on Wednesday by Jamaica's St Andrew parish Central police following reports that gunshots were fired at a group of people at a river in August Town.

According to The Weekend Star, Crime chief for the division, Deputy Superintendent Derrick 'Cowboy' Knight, stated that the entertainer, born Miguel Orlando Collins, was taken into custody following the shooting incident.

"The incident occurred sometime around 8:15 P.M. and we responded and Sizzla was arrested about 15 minutes later," DSP Knight said before adding that Sizzla is in the process of being interrogated and his hands were also swabbed for gunpowder.

According to reports, people were gathering water when an armed man approached them and fired several shots in their direction. Although no one was injured, police reports from witnesses identified the reggae star as the shooter.

According to Knight, the reason behind the shooting may be that a number of areas in August Town are currently at odds.

"Well that is what happened based on the reports we have ... We are investigating but we know that a number of places like Judgement Yard, Goldsmith Villa and Hermitage have constant friction, so we are looking into that," Knight said.

This also isn't Sizzla's first arrest when it comes to pistol play. In 2005, Sizzla was arrested and questioned after 13 high powered guns were dug up by police in the Judgement Yard section of August Town.

However no charges were filed after he denied any knowledge of the hardware and questioned for three days.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Oh Quana, I feel you on so much of what you wrote.

When I think things with Tierra and Louis are going well... He says "but she still.......". Oh it will never be PERFECT and he needs to chill! One day at a time Sweet Jesus! ;)

Tierra is having trouble with spelling right now too... maybe it is the age!? I was focused on Math becuase she was lacking in that last year and now I need to switch to spelling. I am hoping it all falls into place with a bit of encouragement and alot of focus on her part.

i hope so too irie..

for steph it took coming home w/ a progress report that said 78% in spelling :bonk: girl she was in the car w/ that spelling list last week every morning without me even prompting her LOL

i have realized that things are not like they used to be and i have to sit down w/ her and go over things now, but half the time she misplaces her words and can't study.. i refuse to ask the teacher to replace study materials any longer.. she has to want this herself,i know how to spell unsuccessfully.. I think.. is that 2 c's or one LOL

oh and the home life.. GIIIRRRLLLLLL... i wish i had more friends w/ children so that he could see its REALLY not that bad..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

The "pulled pork" is made by Gardein. I get it in the produce section of the grocery store. It is a soy based product but calls itself "garden protein".

They make "chicken breasts" ... "beef kabobs". Some I like better than others but Louis likes them all.

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
aww.. thanks for asking..

both are doing EXCELLENT.. but for the first time in their academic careers are seeing the need to study.

i feel for them cuz i was like them.. i never needed to study to get A's which made me lazy and crippled me as i approached college..it really was hard to perfect those study habits, in fact i never really did, just dropped classes i wasn't naturally well at :whistle:

taylor is finding spanish to be her challenge.. and steph.. my 8 yr old spelling..

they used to get upset when they make a B, but now they are cool :angry: .. im not joe jackson or anything.. but i know their potential and i don't want them to accept "good enough" just becuz they don't wanna study..

i have told them.. no more tv the first hour at home..we will study and prepare for the day to come..

whether you have finished your h/w or not, cuz by the time we get home.. they usually have done their hw at school or in the car..

its hard being a mama sometimes, esp when i don't like doing the things im making them do :blink: but parenthood is full of double standards and hypocrisy isn't it??

:wacko:

as for the fam, i thought things were better with all of us.. going to dinner, playing wii, laughing and joking, but roger told me to talk to them again, cuz they still rarely speak in the mornings and when he drops them off and pick them up from skool... :wacko::wacko::wacko:

.. he said when he gets a job, he will take them out more so they can get comfortable with him.. im like YESSS pls take some initiative, cuz all my talking is not helping..

what do i do? punish them for not speaking more often?? i know they should, but its really not something we (my family) have taught.. i know after 7 mnths they should have caught on by now tho, so i understand his point too.. :unsure:

i bet roger can't wait till his kids come so he can show me how well trained kids should act LOL

BWOY.. you ask for an inch and i give you a mile right.. LOL

Funny you should say that. My daughter has BOYS on the brain.. but I just keep reminding her that Rashida will become her new mother! and I hold her phone over her head. Like yesterday she had to get her math homework off the school website except she can't remember her log in and password. I told her do you honestly think your teacher is going to want to hear that excuse. You are in high school now, no more hand holding for you. It's time to step up to the plate and be responsible. She got a detention for not having a book covered. My child is lazy. She is also good though. They wanted to put her in advance math (she don't get that from me) but she would have been the only 9th grader with 10th graders and she didn't want that. They want to put her in advance Spanish because she is really good at it but won't speak it if she doesn't have to. She said no to that also....

Whereas my son doesn't study for anything! He is very book smart. He just doesn't make good choices. Why did he tell me that the teacher gives them two hours to study voc. words and definitions for them...He gets so upset because he is done so quickly so he helps the other kids. He has done so much extra credit, they have no more for him to do. He is at a technical school to become a medical assistant.. When he graduates he will have 45 college credits. He has decided to become a doctor. Funny thing is, I can see him doing it. He has a way with people, very charming (a bs artist on the low, lol) People are always impressed. He looks gangsta but acts super professional using big words and all lol.

Timeline

irie whenever you mention food that you are excited about, my face screws all up LOL

maybe i should try it tho and lose the dang pot belly!!

1luv.. ft lauderdale sounds nice, you know that was my second home when hubby was there. MEMORIES LOL.. so w/ the us perm residence.. roger could come to canada like ya'll come here??

Timeline
Oh Quana, I feel you on so much of what you wrote.

When I think things with Tierra and Louis are going well... He says "but she still.......". Oh it will never be PERFECT and he needs to chill! One day at a time Sweet Jesus! ;)

Tierra is having trouble with spelling right now too... maybe it is the age!? I was focused on Math becuase she was lacking in that last year and now I need to switch to spelling. I am hoping it all falls into place with a bit of encouragement and alot of focus on her part.

For those parents struggling with spelling. You really have to be patient and work on sounds... when you are saying the words to them ennunciate clearly as you can so they get it. Spelling is nothing but repetition. As long as you do that, you should be okay. When they are not doing spelling and your out and about make it a game show them a word and ask them to spell it. Challenge them as much as you can...

Morning Yardies!

Yep! And that is why I have no plans to do anything special this V-day....and apparently he doesn't either. I'm feeling a little hurt by his lack of creativity but I'll get over it. Even if he doesn't have any money, he could go pick me a flower or something. Anyway.....

That's right.....that's all you can do. And yes, you will be one sexy grandma! :yes:

Thanks Ells, I have already but the bug in my daughter's ear to take her step-father shopping! I can lend you my daughter Ells to give Lehi ideas :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Ya'll.

Just checking in for a minute. Den's Wifey...I am so excited for you. You day is here.

My daughter was accepted into Temple University :dance::dance: Her top pick school. I'm so happy and proud of her :wub: .

Will be back during my lunch hour.

Timeline
Irie is it soy?

I got more Morning star farms patties last night so I could put in my salad thanks for the idea!

I tried THE dress on last night and it fits woooohoooo I am so happy! Hard work does pay off now just have to stay on track for the remaining 12 days :yes:

Haaaaaa Damian was telling Roman his best friend a Yard that we were in the Subway and 2 guys were kissing right in front of him :blink: He was very still and slowly backed up. He never made a negative comment he is getting better not used it but knowing that its a part of life here and its the way it is. I am so proud of him :star:

Great news on the dress! yayyyyyyyyyyyyy and Steve needs to get used to it too lol

Timeline
smiley-sex009.gif

Morning Bunz!

Those look like some sunburned ninnies! :yes:

Thank you Mama! I appreciate it. I am running on fumes right now...I'm definitely going to try to get some pics of him...hopefully without that gold suit on :whistle::rofl: He told me he might wear it so I can see him easily! :rofl: Poe thang!

You're running on LOOOOVE right now! :lol:

I am even excited to pick Louis up on Thursday... like when he came the 1st time!

Tierra is spending the night at Nana's..... after some hinting to nana (she did NOT get it!!)

Awwww! Kinda makes you remember why you like him so much huh? Thanks Nana for finally getting it! :lol:

It's beyond ridiculous - The spam is some link to a product to "enhance her pleasure" - what's cracking me up now are people are replying all that it is a great product, or that they just placed a huge order -

:blink::blink: Are they serious??

:rofl:

Girl I didn't give up last night!!!! He watched it like this :angry::blink: haaaaaaa he was not happy but he knows I love that show. I kept saying She looks fabulous oh she is so pretty!! He was like SHE??? HER???? UMMMM NOOO That is a MAN!!!!! with a side yeye!

Baby steps but when it was over he said he was NAUSEOUS :rofl: LMAO like Dens would say POE Thang! I love him for trying 2 seasons in a row thats luv!

But the lip sync fi yu life Sell off I love when they dance dat weh deh and again Damian was :blink::help:

Damian really does love you! :yes::lol:

I would like to go out to WA/OR and see my Dad. I wonder if Louis will like it out there. I have a feeling he would love it.

My dad lives on the Colombia river... everything is Green! I love it.

WA/OR is A LOT closer to CA! *wink wink*

Timeline
irie whenever you mention food that you are excited about, my face screws all up LOL

maybe i should try it tho and lose the dang pot belly!!

1luv.. ft lauderdale sounds nice, you know that was my second home when hubby was there. MEMORIES LOL.. so w/ the us perm residence.. roger could come to canada like ya'll come here??

LOL! It hasnt helped me with my "pot belly" .... LOL!!

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
Hey Ya'll.

Just checking in for a minute. Den's Wifey...I am so excited for you. You day is here.

My daughter was accepted into Temple University :dance::dance: Her top pick school. I'm so happy and proud of her :wub: .

Shemmy Im happy for you and daughter! :)

Timeline
Hey Ya'll.

Congrats to your daughter Shemmy! WHat an accomplishment!

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/ISSA--JAN-31-PI-find

Hey Ya'll.

Congrats Shemmy, great school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Funny you should say that. My daughter has BOYS on the brain.. but I just keep reminding her that Rashida will become her new mother! and I hold her phone over her head. Like yesterday she had to get her math homework off the school website except she can't remember her log in and password. I told her do you honestly think your teacher is going to want to hear that excuse. You are in high school now, no more hand holding for you. It's time to step up to the plate and be responsible. She got a detention for not having a book covered. My child is lazy. She is also good though. They wanted to put her in advance math (she don't get that from me) but she would have been the only 9th grader with 10th graders and she didn't want that. They want to put her in advance Spanish because she is really good at it but won't speak it if she doesn't have to. She said no to that also....

Whereas my son doesn't study for anything! He is very book smart. He just doesn't make good choices. Why did he tell me that the teacher gives them two hours to study voc. words and definitions for them...He gets so upset because he is done so quickly so he helps the other kids. He has done so much extra credit, they have no more for him to do. He is at a technical school to become a medical assistant.. When he graduates he will have 45 college credits. He has decided to become a doctor. Funny thing is, I can see him doing it. He has a way with people, very charming (a bs artist on the low, lol) People are always impressed. He looks gangsta but acts super professional using big words and all lol.

lol.. sounds like you got some good kids girl.. don't let them let go of those goals no matter what comes! boredom, babies , boys whatever.

i know i have not reached my potential, i glided by on what God blessed me with and by the time i was challenged.. i was too lazy and complacent to hold on to my desire for excellence.

I know you got this girl.. STAY ON'EM!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.