MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 22)

5,017 posts in this topic

Raises hand for the man with messed up feet as well! I actually brought a Mr. Pumice down last trip and left it there :rofl: :rofl:

Den actually has nice feet...I on the other hand can't miss my bi-weekly pedi :whistle:

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sunny this is too funny it's like we have the same identical issues haaaaa, girl I told Damian his feet looked like the creature PumpkinHead before he met me ! I have been working on them thangs for a year and change! Finally he is beach ready :rofl: you know the Sally Henson clear pink polish? Thats what I used to get the color right on the nail cause they were a hot mess. ( he would :bonk: me if he knew I posted this ) :yes:

Girl, you have to do whateva works. It's serious! Ray's feet are softer than mine now. LMAO

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Phillllly! I am watching precious and it stops at 55 minutes... what do I do now?

Y'all that movie messed me up! I saw it like the second weekend after it was out...I can't watch it again! :crying:

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Phillllly! I am watching precious and it stops at 55 minutes... what do I do now?

ruh roh, can you try the next link I had a feeling one was a dud I can try to find more stand by

Raises hand for the man with messed up feet as well! I actually brought a Mr. Pumice down last trip and left it there :rofl: :rofl:

LOL Sus @ Mr Pumice, I love that thing its great!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Sunny this is too funny it's like we have the same identical issues haaaaa, girl I told Damian his feet looked like the creature PumpkinHead before he met me ! I have been working on them thangs for a year and change! Finally he is beach ready :rofl: you know the Sally Henson clear pink polish? Thats what I used to get the color right on the nail cause they were a hot mess. ( he would :bonk: me if he knew I posted this ) :yes:

You did that!!!!! :rofl:

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Philly - 1 had 55 minutes, the other 35... OH NO! I was all into it! LOL

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Where has Lady C been? :unsure:

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

U.S. Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad - Nonresident Alien Spouse

Election to File Joint Return

If, at the end of your tax year, you are married and one spouse is a U.S. citizen or a resident alien and the other is a nonresident alien, you can choose to treat the nonresident as a U.S. resident. This includes situations in which one of you is a nonresident alien at the beginning of the tax year, but a resident alien at the end of the year, and the other is a nonresident alien at the end of the year.

If you make this choice, the following rules apply:

• You and your spouse are treated, for income tax purposes, as residents for all tax years that the choice is in effect
  • You must file a joint income tax return for the year you make the choice
  • Each spouse must report his or her entire worldwide income on the joint income tax return

If you make this choice, you and your spouse are treated as residents for your entire tax year for the purpose of your federal individual income tax return, and for the purpose of withholding U.S. federal income tax from your wages. However for the purpose of Chapter 3 withholding you may still be treated as a nonresident alien. Refer to Withholding of Tax on Nonresident Aliens and Foreign Corporations (Chapter 3 of the IRC) in <A href="

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/international/article/0,,id=104910,00.html">Tax Withholding Types. In addition, you may still be treated as a nonresident alien for the purpose of withholding Social Security and Medicare tax. Refer to Aliens Employed in the U.S. – Social Security Taxes.

Generally, neither you nor your spouse can claim tax treaty benefits as a resident of a foreign country for a tax year for which the choice is in effect and you are both taxed on worldwide income. However, the exception to the saving clause of a particular tax treaty might allow a resident alien to claim a tax treaty benefit on certain specified income. You must file a joint income tax return for the year you make the choice, but you and your spouse can file joint or separate returns in later years.

Example:

Pat Smith has been a US citizen for many years. She is married to Norman, a nonresident alien. Pat and Norman make the choice to treat Norman as a resident alien by attaching a statement to their joint return. Pat and Norman must report their worldwide income for the year they make the choice and for all later years unless the choice is ended or suspended. Although Pat and Norman must file a joint return for the year they make the choice, they can file either joint or separate returns for later years.

How To Make The Choice

Attach a statement, signed by both spouses, to your joint return for the first tax year for which the choice applies. It should contain the following:

• A declaration that one spouse was a nonresident alien and the other spouse a U.S. citizen or resident alien on the last day of your tax year, and that you choose to be treated as US residents for the entire tax year, and
  • The name, address, and social security number (or individual taxpayer identification number) of each spouse. (If one spouse died, include the name and address of the person making the choice for the deceased spouse.)

You generally make this choice when you file your joint return. However, you can also make the choice by filing a joint amended return on Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return (PDF). If you make the choice with an amended return, you and your spouse must also amend any returns that you may have filed after the year for which you made the choice.

You generally must file the amended joint return within 3 years from the date you filed your original US income tax return or 2 years from the date you paid your income tax for that year, whichever is later.

Suspending The Choice

The choice to be treated as a resident alien does not apply to any later tax year if neither of you is a US citizen or resident alien at any time during the later tax year.

Example:

####### Brown was a resident alien on December 31, 2006, and married to Judy, a nonresident alien. They chose to treat Judy as a resident alien and filed a joint 2006 income tax return. On January 10, 2007, ####### became a nonresident alien. Judy had remained a nonresident alien. ####### and Judy can file joint or separate returns for 2006. Neither ####### nor Judy is a resident alien at any time during 2007 and their choice is suspended for that year. For 2007, both are treated as nonresident aliens. If ####### becomes a resident alien again in 2008, their choice is no longer suspended and both are treated as resident aliens in 2008.

Ending The Choice

Once made, the choice to be treated as a resident applies to all later years unless suspended (as explained above) or ended in one of the ways shown below. If the choice is ended for any of the reasons listed below, neither spouse can make a choice in any later tax year.

• Revocation by either spouse
  • Death of either spouse
  • Legal Separation
  • Inadequate records

For a fuller explanation of these items, refer to the section titled Ending the Choice in Chapter 1 of Publication 519, U.S. Tax Guide for Aliens.

Note: If you do not choose to treat your nonresident spouse as a US resident, you may be able to use head of household filing status. To use this status, you must pay more than half the cost of maintaining a household for certain dependents or relatives other than your nonresident alien spouse. For more information, refer to Head of Household and Publication 501.

Special Situations

If you are a nonresident alien from American Samoa or Puerto Rico, you may be treated as a resident alien.

If you are a nonresident alien in the United States and a bona fide resident of American Samoa or Puerto Rico during the entire tax year, you are taxed, with certain exceptions, according to the rules for resident aliens of the United States. For more information, see chapter 5 of Publication 519.

If you are a nonresident alien from American Samoa or Puerto Rico who does not qualify as a bona fide resident of American Samoa or Puerto Rico for the entire tax year, you are taxed as a nonresident alien.

Resident aliens who formerly were bona fide residents of American Samoa or Puerto Rico are taxed according to the rules for resident aliens.

busy at work

I told myself a lot of things and haven't done anything yet. I'm a total hot mess and I know it. I went away to NY last weekend and when I got home and got in bed with Hubby, he grabbed me and said honey Mi miss yuh fat body. LMAO

Oh God Sus, I did that when Ray was still living in JA and he continued using one when he got here. Now, his feet are as soft as a babies azz.. No joke!

Sunny :rofl: Lawd, I will :bonk: Damian if he utters those words :help:

Funny you should discuss this.. now I know you guys are a CR-1 and we are K-1. I used turbo tax and it didn't come up either, however, I need to look at I think its chapter 7, because I think there is a form we need to fill out saying that we agree to file jointly. Before I go any further let me find it....

I just filed mine yesterday and the IRS has accepted both my Federal and state..

Great I will be submitting mine shortly I can't believe how much I get with filing jointly. I can put away for the house and have a little fun ( just a lil) LOL

Girl, you have to do whateva works. It's serious! Ray's feet are softer than mine now. LMAO

:rofl: yuh see it mine too :lol:

You did that!!!!! :rofl:

girl yes the pink polish he hates it but admits it looks so much more natural :star:

Philly - 1 had 55 minutes, the other 35... OH NO! I was all into it! LOL

uh looking now

****ROC VSC****

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Busy working girl.. We are going to the Auto Show with her and G on Sunday.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

WE didn't have anything to report and worldwide income or declare anything in writing since he entered as a LPR so we are good, all that ####### was giving me a headache last night. Now I just need to go back down to the basic and not deluxe edition :ranting: somehow I clicked upgrade last night while in a tizzy!

****ROC VSC****

Busy working girl.. We are going to the Auto Show with her and G on Sunday.

That sutoshow sounds like fun! :thumbs: I will have to shout her out on FB! I need to be busy at work but y'all know I can't focus with Den on his way here and all. It's so cute, he's so nervous!!!

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Lady C told me to tell you hi Den's :)

Hi Lady C!! :star:

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.