MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 22)

5,017 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JG what did I miss, is there anything else yuh want to see?

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I just had a yummmmmie salad! A giant bowl of spring greens with Morning star "Chik'n" patties cut up and mixed in with Asiago cheese and a little light dressing! So good.

I used to LOVE LOVE goat. Whenever it was available - I would eat it. Yum!

Irie your food choices always sound so good. I like Asiago cheese..I still haven't tried the cous cous (sp?) yet.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
LMAO,

that's too funny..... Eating food in the USA will fatten up anybody these days. Meat and Veggies.

No meat... but lots of different foods... He has alot more choices here. And my mom makes good sweets for him.. like his favorite chocolate cake w/out eggs.

He also doesnt have to walk up any giant hills.

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
JG what did I miss, is there anything else yuh want to see?

I think that is it for now. I'm going to be spending a lot of time at the firehouse. Or have to get some internet at home!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sunny you ain't never lied, Damian gained 30 lbs look pon FB at the pics in JA and the ones in the US LMAO he nuh mawga nuh more!

Ray got bigger too and is skin and so much lighter now. I can't wait to see what they will say in JA.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: Timeline
Ray got bigger too and is skin and so much lighter now. I can't wait to see what they will say in JA.

They'll say he has a good WIFE! That's what everyone told my husband...wah else dem fi seh.

Mich -- I'll call you in a little it's crazy here today.

:angry:

(((((((((chups)))))))))))

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

I think that is it for now. I'm going to be spending a lot of time at the firehouse. Or have to get some internet at home!

ok cool, let me know I'll hook u up!

LMAO, I just had a flash back to the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld!

haaaa I miss that show, there is supposed to be a reunion special coming soon

Who you telling I tease Damian and tell him he bleach you are not the man I married haaa he too brown :yes: ! When his Bredren see him deh will be speechless!

****ROC VSC****

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Maybe this can help someone. Just saw it...........

http://travel.aol.com/travel-deals/interna...vdynlprim0488-6

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Where is Den! what have you guys done with her? She's so quite.

Hi TAMH, I'm back. I had to go and get some work done for the attorney I work for. You know I can't stay away from VJ and you guys too long! :D

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

I just got off the phone with the IRS cause I was doing my taxes online and they ask the question if you are not a citizen or resident alien. If you select that option it tells you to fill out a 1040 NR and I know he is not a non resident alien but I went though the whole scenario to make sure.

Hr Block states:

U.S. Citizen or Resident Alien

You're a U.S. citizen if you were born in the United States, have been naturalized, or have at least 1 parent who was a U.S. citizen, and met specific conditions of U.S. residence at the time of your birth. Resident alien status is determined by possession of a green card and by meeting the permanent resident or the substantial presence test under immigration laws.

( that last statement is what threw me off)

So of course I go to good ol publication 519

Further explanation on the H&R site I just found

Usually nonresident aliens and dual-status aliens (part-year residents who are not U.S. citizens) can't file a joint return. However, a nonresident or dual-status alien married to a U.S. citizen or resident alien can file a joint return.In that case, both spouses are treated as full-year U.S. residents, and are taxed on their world-wide income. For more information, see IRS Publication 519 at www.irs.gov for details.

Option to file as a U.S. resident

If your spouse is a U.S. citizen or resident on the last day of the tax year, you can choose to file as a U.S. resident, and file a joint return with your spouse on Form 1040, Form 1040A or Form 1040-EZ. This includes situations in which your spouse is a nonresident alien at the beginning of the year, but a resident alien at the end of the year. Using this option might reduce your tax liability because you can claim dependency exemptions and the standard deduction, but you will not be allowed to take advantage of any tax treaty benefits. See the discussion on how to make this choice on pages 10 and 11 of Publication 519.

Called the IRS she did the presence test and he has been here longer than 183 days and entered as a permanent resident married to a US citizen so I can file 1040 jointly and not need to send any documentation to the IRS declaring wanting to be considered a resident alien for tax purposes as he is a resident.

Lawd all this was working on my nerves LOL. Anyone on a CR1 care to chime in on this one, it made my head hurt LOL

My coworker's Husband is from Antigua and she used Turbo tax and this issue never came up LOL and our Husband's have the same status.

The IRS told me to un-check that box we are good!

Edited by phillyfashionista

****ROC VSC****

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
No meat... but lots of different foods... He has alot more choices here. And my mom makes good sweets for him.. like his favorite chocolate cake w/out eggs.

He also doesnt have to walk up any giant hills.

LOL, I mean veggies or meat. Seems like everything makes you big these days.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

I just had a yummmmmie salad! A giant bowl of spring greens with Morning star "Chik'n" patties cut up and mixed in with Asiago cheese and a little light dressing! So good.

I used to LOVE LOVE goat. Whenever it was available - I would eat it. Yum!

Sounds yummy, Irie! :thumbs:

LOL, I mean veggies or meat. Seems like everything makes you big these days.

Hi SunRay, I definitely agree with that statement. I don't even eat that much but I keep getting a lil' bit more juicier :whistle:

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.