MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 22)

5,017 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My first car was this: :dance::dance: My Godfather had restored it for me - he bought it on the day I was born:

1969-ford-mustang-convertible-15000-usa-21122364.jpg

Then my sister totalled six weeks after I got it :cry:

So my Grandma gave me this:

72dart2.jpg

Although it was not in that good of shape - it had holes in the floor :rofl:

Ha ha.....Flintstone's car.

:rofl:

I know gurl I was dreaming and the ones I seen running around in boxers had bodies to die for!!! LOL

I only like one running around in his boxers.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
A Ford Tempo I got it right out of HS but it was like a 80 something and one day on the Turnpike on the way back from college the damn thing caught fire while I was driving! I had to do my Steven Segal moves and jump out the car hot mess! All I can remember about that car other than it was a piece of ####### was the guys I bought it from down North Philly had speakers installed instead of seats LMAO I wish I had a pic of that. My Mom was like ####### :blink: but I begged her to keep them :rofl:

Philly :rofl: u are :rofl: NO longer :rofl: allowed to talk for the rest of the day :bonk: !!!!!!

Timeline
Yes he helps around the house he is a clean freak. He mostly does it on his own but if I do ask it is because I don't feel like doing it. Like I asked him to do the dishes last night after dinner. If he doesn't do it quite right I honestly don't say anything because he really did try...for example when he unloads the dishwasher he never puts things back in the right spot and I have to go hunting for things. To me I am just happy that he emptied it and I didn't have to do it. You have to pick your battles in life I am really learning this. It might be that I have kids and have learned to relax with it because if I didn't I would be in the mental institution by now.

roger too.. he is the neat freak of the fam, but i knew this when i met him.. most of the time he is the one telling me to pick up clothes LOL.. i handle the bathroom pretty much and we all take turns in the kitchen.. cuz he cooks everyday, i try to make my daughter do most of the dishes, but we pretty much round robin that cuz she's busy with school and stuff too.. he doesn't put away my clothes, he just folds them and keeps them on the bed so he can't mess up that LOL

i always say when he works i hope it doesn't change :blush:

Timeline
Well... in High school I died my hair hot pink... the green car would have gone nicely!! ahahahahaha!

I actually didnt get my lisence until I was 19 and in college... so no HS ride for me.

Ha I didn’t get my license until I was 26.Of course I drove way before that though and I never got pulled over. I bought my first car when I turned 30. 2004 Gran Am.

Timeline
Okay ladies I was just yapping with Island regarding my first car...such horrible memories...here is a picture and yes it was this color. What were your first cars?

Ford_Maverick_Grabber.jpg

mine was a geo metro.. my brother called it a skate and demanded i drop him off down the street from the movies.. dyam ungrateful :angry:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
Yeah, I'm also into doing it now vs. later, especially when it really only takes a half a minute at the most many times. Lehi was great when he first got here too....now he definitely is getting comfortable too. After last night, I'm going to take care of MY stuff & let him take care of his stuff & see how that works out for a while. Just experimenting cause I'm sick of nagging.

Good Luck with that Ells... :)

His stuff will stay where he leaves it... it doesn't bother him like it bothers you. (I know this from my own attitude) ... You will either have to take care of his stuff or not let it bother you.

Do you think he could change your neat freakiness? I know Louis can't change mine... I can't change him.

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Sus, that car was the business! That was nice.

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Pshhhhhhhhh.... I feel your pain - My teacher gave FOUR assignments in one class, 5 in the other - in the first week, which was a short week - this is gonna kill me.

Okay Mrstee - Training, an expense or an investment?

Hey Quana!! Good to see you here!

an expense!

Timeline
LMAO - I knew we were sistahs from another mother - I had a VW Bug that caught fire while I was driving!

I had a yellow firebird that I loved till some damn fool stole it. When we got it back, it looked like a midget car. Who knew they could strip a car down that far? So, I used the insurance money to fully pay for a brand new Geo Metro. People told me it wouldn't start in the cold. They told me it was a deathtrap. They told me all kinds of things I couldn't do with the car. That car ran like a dream in snow and all, started every time. I stuffed it to the gills with kids and ####### and stuff from Sam's. Only issue I ever had was it was recalled cause of reports the hood was flying open on the highway :blink: . I almost hated to trade it in for my current Jeep Cherokee. I've had this car for the last 8 years.

I want a new car. But, I'm not looking forward to a new car payment.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Pshhhhhhhhh.... I feel your pain - My teacher gave FOUR assignments in one class, 5 in the other - in the first week, which was a short week - this is gonna kill me.

Okay Mrstee - Training, an expense or an investment?

Hey Quana!! Good to see you here!

I will write a whole dang blang paper on why I believe its an expense.. Here's the thesis statement: In my opinion, training is an expense due to the fact that you buy high priced equipment that you want to use to train with and you spend a lot of money on buying diet foods and/or pills to help you achieve weight loss.

Timeline

Ells Mikel does the same thing when he puts things away in the kitchen...and I don't get it either and don't try to stess myself out about it. If I really can't find something I make him come in the kitchen and get if for me. Since I have started doing that he has been puting things back where they belong more. I don't get upset with him I just say where did you put the strainer I can't find it. Plus he is tall and he puts things on the top shelf that I can't even see or reach so most of the time I had him getting that stuff for me too. Lately they have not been on the top shelf. They learn.

Lehi hasn't been here long give it time.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
Yardies, here's my question of the day (mostly directed at the ladies)....

Do your guys help you out at home? Do they take the iniative themselves or do you have to ask? What do you do if they did do something but it wasn't quite right & you need to do it again?

Steve is GREAT with that. If it isn't quite right which sometimes it wont be because Im used to having things done a certain why, I gently remind him of it and he usually isn't a repeat offender :rofl:

Timeline
Yep. I do like that color. I LOVE green.

Ells, I warned you......it takes a LONG time to adjust. I would say years and years. Don't be so hard on yourself for wondering though. That's normal.

I love almost all shades of green too, JG! Except for maybe the olive green from the 70s.

We are just having some struggles on the homefront lately. I need the help but I'm beginning to feel like I had a teenager because I don't feel like he's stepping up as much as he could.

Poe thang! So glad you knew how to stop, drop, and roll up out that piece!!! :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

My first car was this: :dance: :dance: My Godfather had restored it for me - he bought it on the day I was born:

1969-ford-mustang-convertible-15000-usa-21122364.jpg

Then my sister totalled six weeks after I got it :cry:

So my Grandma gave me this:

72dart2.jpg

Although it was not in that good of shape - it had holes in the floor :rofl:

That's a nice first ride! Too bad your sister messed it up though.

LOL! I had an old Buick once that had VERY soft brakes! Once I had to swerve onto the shoulder & drive through an intersection so I wouldn't rear end anyone....my Dad didn't let me drive that car anymore after that! :lol:

Timeline
Okay ladies I was just yapping with Island regarding my first car...such horrible memories...here is a picture and yes it was this color. What were your first cars?

Ford_Maverick_Grabber.jpg

Thats an eye sore.. I had a white Chevy Cavalier

Timeline
I will write a whole dang blang paper on why I believe its an expense.. Here's the thesis statement: In my opinion, training is an expense due to the fact that you buy high priced equipment that you want to use to train with and you spend a lot of money on buying diet foods and/or pills to help you achieve weight loss.

LMAO - Training as it relates to employees - Not as it relates to weight loss!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.