• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

lmao @ philly trying to take the cats

last night hubby admitted he missed his cat

i was like haaaaaaaaaaaa yuh wretch! you luff di cat!

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
me too...i didn't even really watch it...ended up watching wwe raw with hubby...can't believe he likes that ####### but whatevr. do you watch the fantasia show?

Yes. I wanted to tell Teeny to shut the freak up but that is how me an my bother are too.

Timeline

did any of you watch fantasia's show last night?

her speaking voice .............. :blink: i just can't!

upherebl.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

DaDa, where's the story??? What happened??? I read all these pages catching up thinking I'd see what happened.

Can I remind you all..........all of you with men still in JA............this is one of the main reasons I say make sure they bring ALL important papers WITH them to the US:

It's a lot easier to get stuff from JA when in JA. It's possible, after; but not easy.

Oh, and whomever gave me the 24 update last week.....was it Nat?........you were right. She did cut off his finger. I can't believe they went and killed the poor guy not even an hour later. Geez!

I agree with you on the records. We got the letter from job & school certificate & shot records. Regarding the birth certificate, he had two official copies. One stayed at the embassy and his mother has one. I could've had her send the copy she has, but when I saw you could order it online and get 6 copies, that sounded good. I did the same with my birth certificate and it arrived in about 3 weeks (from Louisiana, though, not Jamaica).

No 24 update from me. Never seen the show.

Oh, and I wouldn't really say it's a LOT easier getting stuff there. For many official documents, Steven (or his mother) got the run around like crazy.

You did not say Clutch the Pearls!!!!

I am rolling!!! :rofl:

Yes! I laughed (and pictured it) when I read that yesterday.

MoAcory, did you get married yet? I saw that you want him to travel by April, but haven't filed AOS/AP yet. Good luck.

MrsTee, just remember that even if you fill out the form online, you need to send it in by regular mail so that you can include the statement mentioned in the IRS guidelines for if you marry a foreigner & file jointly. There's a sample in the AOS thread on taxes.

Ive used it the last 3 years, the deluxe version I believe. I started doing mine and I NEVER get anything from the state...

We don't pay state taxes in Texas!

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
I used to go to H&R block, then a few years ago started Turbo Tax... Last year's return was GREAT ($4000) since I had married Louis and he didnt work.

Now with Sus saying she upgraded and it got her more $$ I may go with the $14 version. I think Turbo tax is fine.... if you dont have any complicated stuff I would do it.

Philly - no real "tight girlfriends" at school. She goes back and forth between kids.

At the moment she has 1 good little friend and she is moving to Italy in the spring!

Her "best" friend is my friend's daughter so we don't get to see every day.

Aww Tierra, its not easy but she will make friends. Hopefully her friends will be a positive and drama free. Keep trying to tell my daughter that but something isn't sinking in. She'll get there Irie :)

Timeline

it says my shipment was picked up monday and its on hold

i know i heard some of you talking about shipment on hold

what does that mean again

can't call them right right now

upherebl.gif

Morning all!!! We have sunshine & cool breeze 2day in NY. Tolerable weather. Well yesterday I received package containing AOS, EAD, & AP. I must say it, that being the AOS, requires alot. Just as K1, I will fill it out via internet. But having packet gives me the chance to read everything & check off what I have as I begin lenghty process. Wish me lots of luck when I do begin which will be in the coming weeks.

2mrrw makes a month since SO is here. Everything has been peace with us. He's just so used to getting up & going to work. This is obviously close to impossible in his situation unless we know someone willing to give him an off the books job. He also misses his son which is quite understandable. The child was petitioned for as well, but lets just say the childs mother is "a stay @ home mom with negativity in her heart". So wish us luck where the petitioning is concerned.

Apart from that, he loves it here & most of all, being with me day in & day out.

Hey Mo, good luck with the AOS, remember it's an adjustment and things don't happen over night, its all a process bu glad he is loving the US, Good luck with petitioning for the child, it will all work out Sis!

Poor cats, first you tried to give one a concussion with the pressure cooker and then... you tried to drop kick the other... dem po po kitties! lol

LOL I know right and I saw the War pus at my Mom's last night :rofl:

I'm laughing.....and, I'm sorry.....read the menstrual part

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...owtopic=238710#

:wow: now that is a new one 3 Woman can initiate the divorce but they would need to wait 3 menstrual cycles before re-marrying.

I'm cooking! and the other thing is he won't eat if I don't eat with him...well he's about to get skinnier cuz I'm getting fatter eating with him! ( plus not exercising like I used to)... I'm about to take an early lunch now and head to the gym..you , Char and my tight pants are my inspiration!

Girl the same thing happened to me, D cooks too good and too much LOL and Sexy Partying is not qualify as the Cardio I need to be doin :rofl: Yes my skinny jeans are hanging up staring at me begging me to lose the weight so I can be one with them again :lol:

Tax question:

Since some of us will be filing "married/jointly" this year, is it better to go with a tax service like, Turbotax - H&R, or is it better to go with a tax guy? Im asking because the IRS had an article stating that TurboTax is a really good service to use because of its accuracy. However, looking at what some folks were saying on FB, they were saying its not... Could it be its not because they don't use it correctly?

Hmmm I use Hr Block online and never had an issue I would say they are on par with Turbo Tax with ensuring you maximize your refund. I will continue to utilize the online service and continue to read the IRS site for all the nuance to ensure we are filing the best way...... If you are unsure I would go to a professional :yes:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
Thats good to hear thats he is adjusting. Its normal for the guys to have those feelings.. did you get married yet?

No MrsTee, we didn't get married yet. I'm aiming for middle of Feb. That is just around the corner. But I will notify all when I definitely have the date

Timeline
did any of you watch fantasia's show last night?

her speaking voice .............. :blink: i just can't!

:rofl::rofl: Steven made a similar comment, asking why she talks like that. I enjoy her singing voice more, as long as she's not screeching/screaming.

But I can't watch the show anymore because of how frustrating it is watching people leech & people who enable leechers.

Shipment on hold meant "At the embassy," I was told.

---------------

I've used TaxAct the past three years: the free one. I couldn't use TurboTax (free version) when I had a complicated tax situation, but now my situation isn't complicated anymore. What I'll probably do is use both & see which one delivers a better refund. But I can't imagine either of them finding "hidden" refunds since I just enter W2s and 1099s.

I did get my W2s in the mail yesterday. :dance: But I couldn't file yet because a lot of the 1099s won't be released until Jan 31. So far, the refund is looking like more than I expected. We plan to use it to get a car for Steven, but I may have leftover to go toward the HouseFund.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
DaDa, where's the story??? What happened??? I read all these pages catching up thinking I'd see what happened.

I agree with you on the records. We got the letter from job & school certificate & shot records. Regarding the birth certificate, he had two official copies. One stayed at the embassy and his mother has one. I could've had her send the copy she has, but when I saw you could order it online and get 6 copies, that sounded good. I did the same with my birth certificate and it arrived in about 3 weeks (from Louisiana, though, not Jamaica).

Oh, and I wouldn't really say it's a LOT easier getting stuff there. For many official documents, Steven (or his mother) got the run around like crazy.

MoAcory, did you get married yet? I saw that you want him to travel by April, but haven't filed AOS/AP yet. Good luck.

MrsTee, just remember that even if you fill out the form online, you need to send it in by regular mail so that you can include the statement mentioned in the IRS guidelines for if you marry a foreigner & file jointly. There's a sample in the AOS thread on taxes.

Believe me, it's easier from JA.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Shipment on hold meant "At the embassy," I was told.

oh ok

:(

upherebl.gif

Timeline

Thanks Nat for the info.

Timeline
Hey Mo, good luck with the AOS, remember it's an adjustment and things don't happen over night, its all a process bu glad he is loving the US, Good luck with petitioning for the child, it will all work out Sis!

LOL I know right and I saw the War pus at my Mom's last night :rofl:

:wow: now that is a new one 3 Woman can initiate the divorce but they would need to wait 3 menstrual cycles before re-marrying.

Girl the same thing happened to me, D cooks too good and too much LOL and Sexy Partying is not qualify as the Cardio I need to be doin :rofl: Yes my skinny jeans are hanging up staring at me begging me to lose the weight so I can be one with them again :lol:

Hmmm I use Hr Block online and never had an issue I would say they are on par with Turbo Tax with ensuring you maximize your refund. I will continue to utilize the online service and continue to read the IRS site for all the nuance to ensure we are filing the best way...... If you are unsure I would go to a professional :yes:

That's what I'm saying.....what kind of stupid law is that? 3 menstrual cycles.........that is just killing me.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

it says my shipment was picked up monday and its on hold

i know i heard some of you talking about shipment on hold

what does that mean again

can't call them right right now

That's what mine is still saying... :crying: it means its still at the Embassy! :angry:

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.