MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 22)

5,017 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Welcome back Char! Glad you had a nice honeymoon!

Mrstee, YAY Maritimers!

Philly, I CAN'T watch the movies! I know I'll get caught up but then I have to watch my back so the boss doesn't sneak up on me & catch me so, none for me. :(

Yes and I just heard about the portable hospitals.. Im so impressed! Ive been with these folks for almost 22 years now.. It's a wonderful unique industry... Im in the purchasing department so we will be supplying the materials they need..finally I feel a little part of the Haiti mission...

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey everyone...Long time no "write to"... :star: ...I see a lot of new names wow...this forum just keep growing and growing...

As most of you know i had my baby girl Hailey...she is a little over 3mths now...she is a gem if i do say so myself... :innocent: ...doesn't cry much and sleeps through the night (starting at 2mos)...she laughs a lot and is always smiling...I'm going to post a pic on my facebook...haven't been on that either...but will post a pic there for ya'll to see her...

Philly i saw your message on facebook via my cell phone but my cell phone is acting up so couldn't reply...my mom has a sister who is still in Haiti with her 3 kids...she is ok but they are sleeping on the streets because they are too scared to sleep in their house since they are still having tremors...my mom wants to try to get her kids over here...so she wanted me to see if there is anything out there that will allow family members of american citizens for urgent visas for loved ones in haiti...let me know if you know anything about that...

Adjustment update: Me and hubby are still going strong...he is still working at his job and still working on my nerve...sometimes...but all in all we are happy...he is planning to go to JA in April cause his brother in Canada is throwing a party in JA and wants him to come down with him...He wants to bring the baby but not sure if i feel comfortable yet with him traveling down there by himself with her...especially since he is going to do a lot of running around...his mom could watch her...but still...to me she is still too young...

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Timeline
Hey everyone...Long time no "write to"... :star: ...I see a lot of new names wow...this forum just keep growing and growing...

As most of you know i had my baby girl Hailey...she is a little over 3mths now...she is a gem if i do say so myself... :innocent: ...doesn't cry much and sleeps through the night (starting at 2mos)...she laughs a lot and is always smiling...I'm going to post a pic on my facebook...haven't been on that either...but will post a pic there for ya'll to see her...

Philly i saw your message on facebook via my cell phone but my cell phone is acting up so couldn't reply...my mom has a sister who is still in Haiti with her 3 kids...she is ok but they are sleeping on the streets because they are too scared to sleep in their house since they are still having tremors...my mom wants to try to get her kids over here...so she wanted me to see if there is anything out there that will allow family members of american citizens for urgent visas for loved ones in haiti...let me know if you know anything about that...

Adjustment update: Me and hubby are still going strong...he is still working at his job and still working on my nerve...sometimes...but all in all we are happy...he is planning to go to JA in April cause his brother in Canada is throwing a party in JA and wants him to come down with him...He wants to bring the baby but not sure if i feel comfortable yet with him traveling down there by himself with her...especially since he is going to do a lot of running around...his mom could watch her...but still...to me she is still too young...

Sounds wonderful! Ahhhhhhh married life.. I probably would feel the same way about the baby....

HeYYYYY Yardies!

I missed you guys. Ivan and I got back from wedding/honeymoon on Wednesday night and it has taken me a few days to get back on track. Thank you for all of your wonderful comments on my pics. And thanks to JaQ for coming to the wedding. All is well on my end, just trying to get AOS paperwork in order. I hope to mail everything off next week, including that gigantic money order :(

So what's new??? Dada aka "tha scribe" I need an update!!!

Welcome back Mrs!!!! So excited for you guys....you all looked fabulous. :dance::dance::dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline
Yes and I just heard about the portable hospitals.. Im so impressed! Ive been with these folks for almost 22 years now.. It's a wonderful unique industry... Im in the purchasing department so we will be supplying the materials they need..finally I feel a little part of the Haiti mission...

That is very cool! See, now I'm not totally sure what you do, but it sounds like you really like your job & NOW you'll have even more satisfaction from being able to really be a part of the aid!

Congrats Stone on the beautiful baby girl! I was just checking out your FB yesterday wondering what was up & about the baby but saw no pics. Glad all is well with each of you. I'm not sure I'd want my infant without me either...at least not before at least the first year or something. Why don't you get to go?

Quick update: Hubby just called from down in the lobby of my work. He LOVED it & wanted to say sorry about yesterday for having attitude & that the class was great! I'm heading out for a little celebratory lunch across the street at Chevy's with him! TTYL!

Zxpr6Okzx-M

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning/Afternoon Yardies!

Congrats to Bunz & Sheka on the good news today!

Dillon, glad your Dad is doing better now!

Cat, sounds like a fun weekend planned!

Well ladies, thank you all for your input, whether or not you agree with my approach. JG, thanks for putting into words how I feel about all this....you definitely have been through it & know it. Den's & Mrstee (& who else did I miss?)...glad you understand too. I know the way I write it here sounds harsh & controlling & to a degree it is. But frankly, we don't have time to waste. Living in one of the most expensive cities in the country demands a great deal & when you have zero education, it's extremely challenging to succeed here. However, this is also the best place to get a great education & for FREE! I wasn't planning to sign him up until I did some on-line research yesterday & realized that just like my semester, the literacy classes were on the same time-line through City College & the semester is starting this week. I wanted him to start when everyone else did so he wouldn't feel behind & could start at the same time. He can still continue his other program but he has been so mopey lately with the weather & not having many friends that I felt like he could really get immersed in it & not have so much time to feel blue.

We have been discussing more school for several weeks now but I honestly just stumbled across the college courses & wanted to take advantage from the start. If we'd waited, he wouldn't have an opportunity to get started until next semester & he has nothing else to do so why not? That was our agreement before he came here (that his job would be to go to school & get his GED) so it's not like I'm throwing a curveball at him. After so many terrible stories he'd tell about the people he goes to class with at the other program, I kept saying, we need to get you out of that school & he always nodded in agreement. There has already been some drama that I've had to help him get over (& tell him to ignore the drama) because other classmates tried to intimidate him. His Belizian friend was staying at another classmates house, paying her a little rent & sleeping with her in exchange for room & board. The woman feels threatened by him & Lehi hanging out & was making it a little hard for Lehi at times in class. It was stories like this that have had me trying to figure out what other programs I could find for him & to get him in better company with people more concerned with getting an education than creating pointless drama. After researching like crazy, I accidentally found the college offerings & realized he was eligible now.

He was just nervous & scared yesterday. We went to the school together at my lunch & he was assessed by the counselor & we selected his classes. He seemed reassured when I told him going to that school didn't mean he'd have to quit the other program which he likes because a couple teachers are really good to him. He can even go to his weekly Tuesday morning class at the other as long as he makes arrangements with the City College teacher. When I got home last night from school & errands, he'd done a lot of thinking & decided this was probably good for him....his own words were to the effect that he wouldn't HAVE to be around all the homeless & what-not now. He just didn't like the way I approached it....I agree that I need to work on that but sometimes, you only know one way. I'm going to try to learn to be more 'persuasive' rather than forceful. So, this morning, we went early & I walked him the few blocks from where I work to help him find his way to his new class (even though I showed him yesterday) & he seemed to be okay. He was a bit more enthusiastic this morning although still nervous & he wanted me to come with him & said that would make it better.

Now, I just need to wait another half hour when his 2nd class gets out & call him to see how it was.

if he is hard pressed for some friends, how about signing him up for some extra ciriculars (sp?) where he may meet some more desirable people? i signed hubby up for an indoor volleyball league at our community rec center and he met a lot of great people there...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ain't that the truth Sus, I learn so much from you ladies, you have been there and bless us with your knowledge so we can better approach these issues. What JG said this morning was so poignant and trust me I take everything to heart. I'm new to the marriage thing and it's not always easy and it's definitely a learning process and I am so thankful that I have all of you as a support system! (F)(L)(F)

Thanks for posting about Western Union Money gram is doing the same thing Thanks God cause I have to send $$$ tonight and those fees are steep....

Ditto!

Finesse girl we don't file till 2011 but I jsut mentioned that I already started the paperwork and making sure I have everything ready when the time comes. Listening to all of the AOS horror stories prompted me to be proactive! :thumbs:

Thanks for Sharing Dada :star: Real Talk Sis!

WOW Sus that is really scary how damaging coddling can be......

i keep joking with hubby telling him he can dump me now (once LOC is done)....but he nah get di joke :bonk:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
That is very cool! See, now I'm not totally sure what you do, but it sounds like you really like your job & NOW you'll have even more satisfaction from being able to really be a part of the aid!

Congrats Stone on the beautiful baby girl! I was just checking out your FB yesterday wondering what was up & about the baby but saw no pics. Glad all is well with each of you. I'm not sure I'd want my infant without me either...at least not before at least the first year or something. Why don't you get to go?

Quick update: Hubby just called from down in the lobby of my work. He LOVED it & wanted to say sorry about yesterday for having attitude & that the class was great! I'm heading out for a little celebratory lunch across the street at Chevy's with him! TTYL!

I just went back to work on maternity leave this Jan and we are planning a family trip in Dec so I don't want to do both...Idk...will see cause hubby does want me to go and his brother is buying his ticket so we just have to worry about mine and baby is free...i guess its still up in the air...

I'll put a couple of the baby pics on facebook 2night...

I'm happy ur hubby likes his school...hubby was doing the library thing but had to stop because of work...i do want him to go back but want to look for more of a school setting cause the library to me was kinda slow paced...the college around me has AL classes too and its free ( :thumbs: ) but there is a waiting list...i help him at home so he is ok for now but its really not enough...hubby needs a little push himself...he's the type if he sees you are not stressing it he won't stress it either even if its suppose to benefit him...

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

:dance::dance::dance: That's good to hear...awwww!

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
so hubby is totally clueless about the lifting of conditions thing....i keep bringing it up to him saying we need to get our shyt together and be ready to mail this ####### by march 6....he keeps saying why do we have to do that again :bonk:

anyway, have any of you recently done LOC? I'm really not trying to send in a ridiculous amount of #######...just the main and most important things to get approved and over with....

finally brought mi rass to work....feeling a bit more human today, thanks.

Yep. And, I sent in a ridiculous amount of stuff. We were approved without interview.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Morning/Afternoon Yardies!

Congrats to Bunz & Sheka on the good news today!

Dillon, glad your Dad is doing better now!

Cat, sounds like a fun weekend planned!

Well ladies, thank you all for your input, whether or not you agree with my approach. JG, thanks for putting into words how I feel about all this....you definitely have been through it & know it. Den's & Mrstee (& who else did I miss?)...glad you understand too. I know the way I write it here sounds harsh & controlling & to a degree it is. But frankly, we don't have time to waste. Living in one of the most expensive cities in the country demands a great deal & when you have zero education, it's extremely challenging to succeed here. However, this is also the best place to get a great education & for FREE! I wasn't planning to sign him up until I did some on-line research yesterday & realized that just like my semester, the literacy classes were on the same time-line through City College & the semester is starting this week. I wanted him to start when everyone else did so he wouldn't feel behind & could start at the same time. He can still continue his other program but he has been so mopey lately with the weather & not having many friends that I felt like he could really get immersed in it & not have so much time to feel blue.

We have been discussing more school for several weeks now but I honestly just stumbled across the college courses & wanted to take advantage from the start. If we'd waited, he wouldn't have an opportunity to get started until next semester & he has nothing else to do so why not? That was our agreement before he came here (that his job would be to go to school & get his GED) so it's not like I'm throwing a curveball at him. After so many terrible stories he'd tell about the people he goes to class with at the other program, I kept saying, we need to get you out of that school & he always nodded in agreement. There has already been some drama that I've had to help him get over (& tell him to ignore the drama) because other classmates tried to intimidate him. His Belizian friend was staying at another classmates house, paying her a little rent & sleeping with her in exchange for room & board. The woman feels threatened by him & Lehi hanging out & was making it a little hard for Lehi at times in class. It was stories like this that have had me trying to figure out what other programs I could find for him & to get him in better company with people more concerned with getting an education than creating pointless drama. After researching like crazy, I accidentally found the college offerings & realized he was eligible now.

He was just nervous & scared yesterday. We went to the school together at my lunch & he was assessed by the counselor & we selected his classes. He seemed reassured when I told him going to that school didn't mean he'd have to quit the other program which he likes because a couple teachers are really good to him. He can even go to his weekly Tuesday morning class at the other as long as he makes arrangements with the City College teacher. When I got home last night from school & errands, he'd done a lot of thinking & decided this was probably good for him....his own words were to the effect that he wouldn't HAVE to be around all the homeless & what-not now. He just didn't like the way I approached it....I agree that I need to work on that but sometimes, you only know one way. I'm going to try to learn to be more 'persuasive' rather than forceful. So, this morning, we went early & I walked him the few blocks from where I work to help him find his way to his new class (even though I showed him yesterday) & he seemed to be okay. He was a bit more enthusiastic this morning although still nervous & he wanted me to come with him & said that would make it better.

Now, I just need to wait another half hour when his 2nd class gets out & call him to see how it was.

Hey Ells, you know you will get all types of responses from the Ladies because everyone sees something different in the post but you know that we all respond with Love and just want the best for you and Lehi! Ells I understand your drive and wanting the best for him, that is all we ever want for our spouses! I hope he loves the new classes and sees the benefit and realize the passion that was behind the push. thanks for sharing Chica :luv:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.