MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 22)

5,017 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Nat. Clipping coupons and saving money on groceries is definitely my area. Its time-consuming, but well worth it. When I shopped at the regular grocery store (kroger) if I don't save over $30 on my $100 grocery bill, I was a little upset.

Grocery Saving 101

1.) Clipping coupons is essential. Buy at least two newspapers every Sunday to clip your coupons

2.) Find a good coupon organizer to organize your coupons

3.) Take advantage of savings cards i.e. (Kroger cards)

4.) Make a shoping list, but ensure that it is very specific by creating a daily menu of what you plan to eat over the following weeks

5.) Also take a look at the weekly mailer for each grocery store to see what is on sale (some stores will price match)

6.) Compare your coupons to what is needed on your list. Try to use coupons for items that are already on sale. If you have non-essential items that are not on sale, wait until the next grocery trip.

7.) Try not to make purchases outside of your list

8. Try not to be brand specific, some store brands are just as good.

8.) Watch the sales monitors to ensure that all coupons are counted. If they say it doesn't work, tell them to figure it out!!

9.) Watch your savings grow!!!

You guys will have to excuse me. I write manuals at work....I hope this helps!!

Thanks. Our grocery shopping is so expensive. This will help us :thumbs:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
(L)(L) February is such a beautiful month. Not only because it contains my birthday (Feb. 28 :whistle: )...But because so many beautiful yardies are getting married and renewing vows. My heart is filled with joy because there is so much love in the air. (L)(L)(L) Here's a run down of all of the special events this month. Please let me know if I missed someone.

1.) YankeesGirl 2/9/10

2.) RegAl 2/12/10

3.) EricJew aka (Mama/PapaJew) 2/13/10

4.) DensWifey 2/14/10

5.) Philly 2/14/10

6.) Always 2/14/10

7.) My2 2/27/10

Congratulations to you all!! May God continue to bless your union. (L)

Thanks. I can't keep up :wacko: .

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I think he is going the 15th-29th. Last night he said I know you are going to be lonely sleeping alone. I just had to laugh I said the second you are gone Marley is going to crawl right in so I won't be alone at all.

i am wondering how long after we get ap R will want to go..for now he says he wants us to go together .

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
LOL LMAO...Philly you are a nut. Poor D. He has to deal with hair, fake lashes, cats, plants and being put out of the room to eat his snacks. Oh, how can I forget knuckle head boys. :rofl::bonk::help::rofl:

Hi ladies. I'm in a pissy mood today. gggrrrr

hey jawi

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Nat. Clipping coupons and saving money on groceries is definitely my area. Its time-consuming, but well worth it. When I shopped at the regular grocery store (kroger) if I don't save over $30 on my $100 grocery bill, I was a little upset.

Grocery Saving 101

Thanks, Char! :thumbs:

Wow that is crazy.. When I went the day before yesterday, there were no carts. When the guy started getting the leftover ones from the parking lot, we attacked him for the carts...lol

That used to be the case EVERY SINGLE TIME I went to this one WalMart. It was so frustrating that they wouldn't pay someone to have carts available. But it saved me $$ because I'd only buy what I could carry in my arms.

Since WalMart's remodel, though, this hasn't been an issue.

Great tips! At work we all clip coupons and put them in a box so that if we don't use them, someone else can. I don't buy papers but my coworker brings me the booklet of coupons in every monday...:)

Wow! That's awesome. And it sounds like people don't take advantage by taking ALL of the coupons.

I don't know if that would go over on my floor, as many of my coworkers are:

1) single & don't have $$ concerns

2) married to a spouse also making a good amount of $$ & don't have $$ concerns

3) husbands whose wives stay at home with the children, so the wives handle that

Since I don't fit into any of those categories (any more), I've definitely decreased my organic store shopping visits & started clipping coupons. Now I'm gonna add a few of Char's & Elle's tips.

One I've added to the list is to make sure we have groceries at all times. Sometimes we run out (much sooner than I ever thought we would) and then it's restaurants/delivery/fast food. Back in the day, if I didn't have groceries or feel like cooking dinner, I was fine with cereal. But a cold meal won't go over these days. :lol:

Since a nightmare woke me up so early, guess I'll go do some coupon organizing now. All this talk about saving money has me excited!

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
Hey My2. I am good. just making some finalizations. And praying that the snow holds back for next week. Eric cousin is going to be his best man and he has to travel from NY, so just wanting everything to go smoothly.

I haven't forgetten about you. I got your number and I plan on calling right after the 13th is over. Whew!!!!

no problem i understand ,..wedding planing is not easy with all the other thing we have in life..

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning all! At the airport - it's snowing but still on schedule to leave. I got caught this am though, lol -- I told my terminally late pain in the butt that my flight landed 2 hrs earlier than it does - he called, and couldn't believe I hadn't boarded the plane! I told him I was boarding right then - when in reality I was sitting in the hotel, lol

Have a good week all, and good luck with weddings / interviews

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
QUESTION

again, i know this has been asked oooover and oooover again buuuuuuuuut i don't remember

so, ladies when your men were coming up did you all book a one way or return ticket?

one way

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
At first, the ladies at the counter tried to tell us that we could only book a roundtrip ticket on a fiance visa. I rebuked that message. We bought a one-way.

my parents tried to book they told her the same ..i told her call back they were wrong

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
Morning all! At the airport - it's snowing but still on schedule to leave. I got caught this am though, lol -- I told my terminally late pain in the butt that my flight landed 2 hrs earlier than it does - he called, and couldn't believe I hadn't boarded the plane! I told him I was boarding right then - when in reality I was sitting in the hotel, lol

I was wondering if the snow would affect your plans or not. Glad to hear the flight is still on schedule.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

That's great. I was worried about you. We are getting 20 inches down here.

Timeline
(L)(L) February is such a beautiful month. Not only because it contains my birthday (Feb. 28 :whistle: )...But because so many beautiful yardies are getting married and renewing vows. My heart is filled with joy because there is so much love in the air. (L)(L)(L) Here's a run down of all of the special events this month. Please let me know if I missed someone.

1.) YankeesGirl 2/9/10

2.) RegAl 2/12/10

3.) EricJew aka (Mama/PapaJew) 2/13/10

4.) DensWifey 2/14/10

5.) Philly 2/14/10

6.) Always 2/14/10

7.) My2 2/27/10

Congratulations to you all!! May God continue to bless your union. (L)

this is wonderful congrats to you all..

have a safe trip ..

good morning everyone ... hope everyone has a blessed day..

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

Sus, glad you made it!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.