Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 22)

5,017 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
LMAO - Just liked the design - if I regret anything, it's that - because there was no thought put into it, and no meaning behind it -

I have a tiger running down my right thigh - always loved tigers, and my Mom says I did it to piss my dad off cause one peed on him at the zoo and he hated them -

My third was a kokopelli with a 4 leaf clover - My friend who passed away had a matching one, and her husband is a tattoo artist who did both of them.

My last one matches the one on DJ's chest (but mine is nicer)

On your chest?...........a gigantic sinking ship with I (L) Mom?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
OK, why does the word A---S---S show up with 4 ####'s when you type it in? It's 3 letters.

LMAO - I assumed you typed a 4 letter word that started with a C!

That tat is on my lower back - so not really my azz lol

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
LMAO - the first was a passenger list, the second was a name -

Ok. Then, yes that is what I was talking about. I'll try to be more patient. Sorry.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

OMG...........who gets a tattoo on any body part that is 4 letters and starts with a "c"?????

OK, Nevermind....if any of you do or want to, DON'T tell me!!!!

Unless it's you CHIN!

What does the Kokepelli (sp?) symbolize? I'm looking at a candle holder with that on there and thinking it might be cool for my SIL. But, you know, I don't want it to mean something I don't mean. You know. She's not my favorite person.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
OMG...........who gets a tattoo on any body part that is 4 letters and starts with a "c"?????

OK, Nevermind....if any of you do or want to, DON'T tell me!!!!

Unless it's you CHIN!

What does the Kokepelli (sp?) symbolize? I'm looking at a candle holder with that on there and thinking it might be cool for my SIL. But, you know, I don't want it to mean something I don't mean. You know. She's not my favorite person.

I could show you pics of those tattoos - google has em! :whistle:

When I got the kokopelli, I had always heard that he was the God of music and mischief - he travelled through the villages at night, spreading music and mischief and playing his flute -

After I got the tattoo, I learned that it was actually a fertility God :blink: But, I still love the symbol - and it's funny, just about every culture has something similar - In Barbados there is a character called Irie Blue - In Ireland there is a similar character who was the court jester -

Timeline
I could show you pics of those tattoos - google has em! :whistle:

When I got the kokopelli, I had always heard that he was the God of music and mischief - he travelled through the villages at night, spreading music and mischief and playing his flute -

After I got the tattoo, I learned that it was actually a fertility God :blink: But, I still love the symbol - and it's funny, just about every culture has something similar - In Barbados there is a character called Irie Blue - In Ireland there is a similar character who was the court jester -

How does the court jester spread fertility?

I like the music and mischief explanation best. That's me to a "T"!!!!

I'm sorry but I am not laying there spread eagle while some big hairy guy tattoos me! Hell, he could look like Johnny Depp and it's still not happening!!!!!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Do not send all that rain this way. I am sick of rain and snow!!!!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ive never been on a cruise, Im going on one in july for 3 days to the Bahamas

From Miami? Our cruise was okay. Damien enjoyed it more than me. It could be cuz I'm preggo and sober :crying:

I would love to go to Cabo one day.

Timeline
How does the court jester spread fertility?

I like the music and mischief explanation best. That's me to a "T"!!!!

I'm sorry but I am not laying there spread eagle while some big hairy guy tattoos me! Hell, he could look like Johnny Depp and it's still not happening!!!!!

That explanation was why I got the tattoo - he's not a fertility symbol in Ireland, he's a court jester - get your legends straight!!

I actually took a class on the history and culture of North America, and my professor had lived with the Hopi - she took great pride in bringing in her Kokopelli and showing me when she saw my tattoo - on her dolls, it isn't a flute! :blink:

From Miami? Our cruise was okay. Damien enjoyed it more than me. It could be cuz I'm preggo and sober :crying:

I would love to go to Cabo one day.

Cabo was okay - I liked Tulem better - My cousin is married to a Mexican, they lived in Tijuana - they took us to some great places.

Timeline

Oh, no....maybe I shouldn't get it for SIL then.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Cabo was okay - I liked Tulem better - My cousin is married to a Mexican, they lived in Tijuana - they took us to some great places.

My cousins just came back and really enjoyed it. My co-workers were stationed all over Mexico and didn't have many nice things to say about most tourist areas. We'll see...it's on my long term list.

Edited by Shemmy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Verizon calls to Haiti free until end of month

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.