Berber Mama

MENA pregnancy/baby/parenting thread

254 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi all,

i am Al and we just had our baby 6 weeks ago. his name is Youssef and he is the light of my life (cliche, but true!). i am getting a crash course in being a mom, and i think i might be a very poor student! :innocent:

you guys are really shedding some light on the hair thing... my husband was trying to cut Youssef's hair last week and i didn't understand what the hurry was !

Edited by AlHayatZween

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Amanda and Carrie!

Annies husband got us great dvds. We have Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Kung Fu Panda, Cars, Lion King, and Shrek. Zaid loves them and the arabic is great! 5$ a dvd! Cant beat it!!!

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

:ot: I would just like to say that it is awesome that you all have a MENA Baby Corner now, but honest to God, those of us in the OT Baby Corner would love to have you all participate. We don't bite and welcome everyone who is newly pregnant, newly mommy, wanting to be a mommy, lost a baby, it doesn't matter what you're situation is we're there. Those of us that joined the Baby Corner just announced that we were preggo and boom we were a member. Your MENA baby concerns are understandable, but it seems like most of the posts on here have been regarding traditional baby questions. Believe me, every daddy or mommy, too - MENA or not is scared. :thumbs:

I have a feeling the only reason why the Filipina girls have a baby forum is because most of them speak Tagalog, so it might be easier to have questions answered, whereas most of you all are US born and raised (HLM is from Egypt - but her English is spectacular :star: ).

So, on that note, not that I'm trying to discourage your group, but all of y'all are maybe knocked up or you're a new mommy - you're going to need advice or want to give advice, why not do it on the OT Baby Corner? Keep the Baby Corner going. You're only 5 pages into this little thread, whereas OT Baby Corner is 340+ pages - that's not a bad thing...you don't have to go back and read everything, just post your questions or comments and we'll all be around to post back. Furthermore, the BC is awesome because you can search past posts - truly handy!

You are free to say "F You, Staashi - we don't want your stinking forum!!" - that's cool and your hormones allow it ;) , but honestly, we've seen our participation die down because the Regional Forums are creating their little threads. :(

I speak for the BC ladies, we hope to see you there. :D

i'd posted there in the past, and was never really acknowledged. i read it for a while, and couldn't really relate. not to be rude or anything, but it just didn't really hold my interest. the anti-vaccine morons got on my nerves too.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline
i'd posted there in the past, and was never really acknowledged. i read it for a while, and couldn't really relate. not to be rude or anything, but it just didn't really hold my interest. the anti-vaccine morons got on my nerves too.

Well, like I said, it is ok to say "F You, Staashi." :star::lol:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I would just like to say that the whole reason that I started this thread is because of the OT thread. I posted some over there when my son was very little and got some good responses. This time around when I tried to join in, the "clique" chose to ignore my posts for some reason and pick and choose who to respond to. I didn't feel welcome which I'm sure how I was wanted to be made feel. I think that Caro was the only one kind enough to acknowledge my presence.

Maybe thats the reason that so many regional threads are popping up.

And to add that maybe the questions on here have been traditional baby questions so far and it's only 5 pages long, but the thread is only 3 days old! It still has the potential to evolve into a bigger thread.

Just my 2 cents.

:ot: I would just like to say that it is awesome that you all have a MENA Baby Corner now, but honest to God, those of us in the OT Baby Corner would love to have you all participate. We don't bite and welcome everyone who is newly pregnant, newly mommy, wanting to be a mommy, lost a baby, it doesn't matter what you're situation is we're there. Those of us that joined the Baby Corner just announced that we were preggo and boom we were a member. Your MENA baby concerns are understandable, but it seems like most of the posts on here have been regarding traditional baby questions. Believe me, every daddy or mommy, too - MENA or not is scared. :thumbs:

I have a feeling the only reason why the Filipina girls have a baby forum is because most of them speak Tagalog, so it might be easier to have questions answered, whereas most of you all are US born and raised (HLM is from Egypt - but her English is spectacular :star: ).

So, on that note, not that I'm trying to discourage your group, but all of y'all are maybe knocked up or you're a new mommy - you're going to need advice or want to give advice, why not do it on the OT Baby Corner? Keep the Baby Corner going. You're only 5 pages into this little thread, whereas OT Baby Corner is 340+ pages - that's not a bad thing...you don't have to go back and read everything, just post your questions or comments and we'll all be around to post back. Furthermore, the BC is awesome because you can search past posts - truly handy!

You are free to say "F You, Staashi - we don't want your stinking forum!!" - that's cool and your hormones allow it ;) , but honestly, we've seen our participation die down because the Regional Forums are creating their little threads. :(

I speak for the BC ladies, we hope to see you there. :D

Amanda and Carrie!

Annies husband got us great dvds. We have Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Kung Fu Panda, Cars, Lion King, and Shrek. Zaid loves them and the arabic is great! 5$ a dvd! Cant beat it!!!

Did she say where he got them? I wish that I would have stocked up on the bootleg kids dvd's when I was last in Morocco for $1.00 each.

0nboVVg.jpg0nbom6.png

moAOm6.png

Timeline
I would just like to say that the whole reason that I started this thread is because of the OT thread. I posted some over there when my son was very little and got some good responses. This time around when I tried to join in, the "clique" chose to ignore my posts for some reason and pick and choose who to respond to. I didn't feel welcome which I'm sure how I was wanted to be made feel. I think that Caro was the only one kind enough to acknowledge my presence.

Maybe thats the reason that so many regional threads are popping up.

And to add that maybe the questions on here have been traditional baby questions so far and it's only 5 pages long, but the thread is only 3 days old! It still has the potential to evolve into a bigger thread.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm not a member of any clique, just didn't want to see the thread have such limited participation. Well, however it is, I will participate allover the place - MENA and maybe Canada, too, cause that's just the type of b!tch aka mommy that I am! :thumbs::dance:

I know Annie/Nawal is no longer a member of VJ, so someone will have to get in touch with her somehow for the videos. :unsure:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just wanted to say that I know what u guys mean about the Baby Corner Thread..I used to read and posted a few times,but there is one " I know everything,all i do is perfect " mom that gets on my nerves..

All the babies are cute!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just popping in. Thrilled to see the thread! We're 20 weeks today and find out what we're having next week. Very exciting!

Got married : 6-3-06

I-130 delivered : 6-12-06 - Appt in Cairo

I-130 Approved : 4-18-08 - USCIS approval!!

Visa Interview Date : 6-22-08

Case sent to WADC: 8-6-08 - FBI check

Email From Embassy 1-09 - Still in AP (7 months)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

1-26-09 - Out of AP, now final review

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

3-12-09 - Arrived in Portland!!

5-29-2010 - Zane was born ** Absolute best day of my life!

6-7-2010 - Ahmed went back to Egypt

8-23-11 - Filed for divorce

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Just wanted to say that I know what u guys mean about the Baby Corner Thread..I used to read and posted a few times,but there is one " I know everything,all i do is perfect " mom that gets on my nerves..

All the babies are cute!

bwahahaha!

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline

All the babies are cute!

I know it ain't me. :thumbs::whistle:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Just popping in. Thrilled to see the thread! We're 20 weeks today and find out what we're having next week. Very exciting!

Congratulations! You're not too far behind me. We found out at 22 weeks and it took 1/2 hour to get him to move his leg away from his private area. It's like he was being modest.

So how are you feeling so far?

I feel somewhat more normal than my first trimester. The only complaint that I have is the round ligament pains that strike when I roll over in bed or cough/sneeze. It feels like a charlie horse, but in the groin....lol.

0nboVVg.jpg0nbom6.png

moAOm6.png

Timeline
LOLNot you!!!!

I bet u know who I am talking about though hehe

Oh yes! :devil: The funny thing is that I used to compare myself to that standard all the time and said ** it! I'm just gonna do the best that I can and as long as Enzo is alive, I've done my job. :thumbs:

Edited by Staashi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.