Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

we also found out that every time I go for an injection I am billed separately, $24 each time but that might go up to $35 when our new insurance term starts in June. With 20 visits altogether that can add up... I thought it would be included in the Global maternity fee.. I did call the doctor's billing office and they said there was no way they could include it in the global fee :(

so my husband suggested that we just do the shot ourselves. My SIL was some kind of nurse years ago so maybe she could do it..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

we also found out that every time I go for an injection I am billed separately, $24 each time but that might go up to $35 when our new insurance term starts in June. With 20 visits altogether that can add up... I thought it would be included in the Global maternity fee.. I did call the doctor's billing office and they said there was no way they could include it in the global fee sad.png

so my husband suggested that we just do the shot ourselves. My SIL was some kind of nurse years ago so maybe she could do it..

Do you have the actual medication at home? With my health situation I have shots I can give myself that are a certain type and there was one my doctor had to give me because it was 'intra muscular' - he said that it is possible someone could be trained to give that one though. So if your SIL is a nurse I bet she knows how. Are you obligated to go to the doctor for any other reason?

So we currently have healthcare and I'm seeing a monthly OB/GYN and possibly some type of experimental group midwife thing, but my husband is most likely switching to a different company in under 2 months. The new company goes through different health insurance, and they will NOT cover you for the first 3 months. Why? PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTT (insert rant about healthcare here). At any rate, he said we will probably need to look for coverage under COBRA for those 3 months. Never heard of this before, but I am hoping it is simple to figure out how to get on it.

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

I have seen a lot of videos of women getting the progesterone shot at home.. either they do it themselves or someone like their husband does it for them.

I have to go to my regular prenatal appointments of course. The problem is the shot has to be done on the same day and only 2 or 3 of my prenatal appointments are on Mondays..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

your husband will be given the option to go on Cobra when he quits his current job.. essentially you will have to pay the entire premium that includes the portion your husband's company paid..

Q2: What does COBRA do?

COBRA provides certain former employees, retirees, spouses, former spouses, and dependent children the right to temporary continuation of health coverage at group rates. This coverage, however, is only available when coverage is lost due to certain specific events. Group health coverage for COBRA participants is usually more expensive than health coverage for active employees, since usually the employer pays a part of the premium for active employees while COBRA participants generally pay the entire premium themselves. It is ordinarily less expensive, though, than individual health coverage.

http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/faqs/faq-consumer-cobra.html

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

we also found out that every time I go for an injection I am billed separately, $24 each time but that might go up to $35 when our new insurance term starts in June. With 20 visits altogether that can add up... I thought it would be included in the Global maternity fee.. I did call the doctor's billing office and they said there was no way they could include it in the global fee sad.png

My ppo told me labs diagnostics xrays are billed separately, everything else is billed at the end. thus why i already have a 300$ bill to pay sad.png

Do you have the actual medication at home? With my health situation I have shots I can give myself that are a certain type and there was one my doctor had to give me because it was 'intra muscular' - he said that it is possible someone could be trained to give that one though. So if your SIL is a nurse I bet she knows how. Are you obligated to go to the doctor for any other reason?

So we currently have healthcare and I'm seeing a monthly OB/GYN and possibly some type of experimental group midwife thing, but my husband is most likely switching to a different company in under 2 months. The new company goes through different health insurance, and they will NOT cover you for the first 3 months. Why? PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTT (insert rant about healthcare here). At any rate, he said we will probably need to look for coverage under COBRA for those 3 months. Never heard of this before, but I am hoping it is simple to figure out how to get on it.

they probably consider it a "preexisting condition" and are being aholes about it. sad.png is it your hubby just switchign insurance or is it the company he works for thats changing insurance? cuz if its the company well thats not your fault and it should be seamless and just carryover type of thing.

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

My ppo told me labs diagnostics xrays are billed separately, everything else is billed at the end. thus why i already have a 300$ bill to pay sad.png

they probably consider it a "preexisting condition" and are being aholes about it. sad.png is it your hubby just switchign insurance or is it the company he works for thats changing insurance? cuz if its the company well thats not your fault and it should be seamless and just carryover type of thing.

It's a bit complicated and it's not for sure yet, but likely he will be at the exact same job but with a different contractor who goes on a different health insurance plan and their policy is not to allow people on the health plan for the first 3 months. Probably to avoid pre-existing conditions but they use some other reason to justify it since I don't think you can do that... at any rate, it's pretty lame. But on a bright note, COBRA should carry me from months 5 to 8ish of pregnancy and by the time I give birth we should be on the new plan. Which means a new doctor at the last minute but I'm not exactly super attached to my current one at this point anyway!

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

So back in March I had some blood drawn for the CF screening which they sent out to the lab. A few weeks later I noticed on my insurance site that they processed it has out of network and we would owe @ $1200 :o. I have been waiting all this time for the bill from the lab. Today I received itunsure.png .

Well I noticed a letter with the bill that said to call them because we might qualify for the patient assistance program. I did a little research online and a lot of people had called and they said they only had to pay about $200. I was thinking that was way better then $1200.

So I called and told asked them about the assistance program. She looked over my account and said I could pay $25. At first I was thinking she meant monthly or something. But she said if I pay the $25 my account would be considered paid in full! :o I can't believe or luck.. A huge burden was lifted off my shoulders when I heard that.. :D

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

So I had my prenatal appointment yesterday. The baby's heartbeat is strong and my blood-work from the first and second trimester came back normal. I mentioned to the doctor about the calcium deposit thing and she didn't seem to concerned about it leading to down syndrome. That and the normal blood-work makes me feel a lot better..

My husband was with me and he loved hearing the heart-beat. He is one proud papa already.

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

So I had my prenatal appointment yesterday. The baby's heartbeat is strong and my blood-work from the first and second trimester came back normal. I mentioned to the doctor about the calcium deposit thing and she didn't seem to concerned about it leading to down syndrome. That and the normal blood-work makes me feel a lot better..

My husband was with me and he loved hearing the heart-beat. He is one proud papa already.

That is such good news! Congratulations on the pregnancy!

Timeline

Great news Marilyn!!

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Yay on all these lil babies!!! :D Hope you mama's can stay cool with summer coming up. Being pregnant during the warmer months was a pain :'(.

Awwww :).

UJaZm4.png

***Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours... xoxo***

Timeline

Yay on all these lil babies!!! biggrin.png Hope you mama's can stay cool with summer coming up. Being pregnant during the warmer months was a pain :'(.

Awwww smile.png.

OH don't worry i intend to live at my sister-in-law's pool over the summer! rofl.gif

So i don't know if i'm sick with the sudden drop in temp and rain we got from 95 to 40F, and just finishing a sinus cold, but its either that or my morning sickness came back! crying.gif i have been feeling totally blech today.

Monday i'll be 16 weeks, and my tummy looks like a beach ball, although i don't have a scale so i have no idea if I've actually gained any weight. I mean i think i have, since i was not sick for a good week and was definitely eating more. I just hope i haven't caught another cold of some sort :(

Marilyn, i'm glad everything sounds like its doing good for you! and Wow on the reduction of that bill! Right now i'm having issues with my 500$ bill that my insurance says was paid, they sent me a claim confirmation, but the Laboratory is saying its still not paid! So i gave them the claim number and stuff and they left me a msg saying if I don't pay it they are going to send me to collections!. We just got our / David's credit alot better, and the last thing we need is for something stupid like this to screw it up! :( I'm so tired of being the middle person and trying to get this fixed. its absolutely ridiculous. ranting33va.gif

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Our apartment complex has 2 pools so I am sure I will be spending a lot of time there during the summer.. i will be nearing the end come summer so I am sure that will be fun :P it stays hot here well into September..

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I went to a prenatal swim class last night. It was a blast. I could totally go swimming all the time. I felt so much better afterward.

Yesterday and today I have been telling my coworkers since my belly is becoming a bit too much to hide. Their reactions when I told them I was having twins was priceless. It made me feel good to be surrounded by excitement.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.