Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I found some prenatal that are chew able and have iron in them..and they don't taste that bad!!! dancin5hr.gif Found em at Wallgreens, same price as all the other ones around 10$. woot! AND i think morning sickness is over!!!! 4 days with no puking...yay!!...well..aside from that one morning David said something to me as he had the coffee basket in his hand..and for some reason that made me insta puke...tongue.png

on a bad note...David came down with Bronchitis sad.png i had to drag the man to the doctor so he could get a inhaler and antibiotics....damn guy arguing with me hes fine..ok great..but I DO NOT want to get sick tyvm..so yes i'm dragging your a$$ to the doctor...rofl.gif Why are men such stubborn babies? sheesh! smile.png

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Kimbear so glad to hear you are starting to feel better! It's like a whole new world isn't it!!!!!! Good for you taking your hubby to the doctor. They tend to avoid taking care of themselves as if it would be admitting weakness or a waste of their time /eyeroll

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Marilyn, I hope your ultrasound goes well and yes, keeping the blabbermouth people away is so tough. I am amazed my mom has held it in as long as she has. I told her we could have a "I am pregnant" party at a family reunion in June and that actually seems to have kept her mouth shut as she strategizes. I want to tell people because I am starting to get so sick and extremely tired.

Kimbear, I am so glad you are getting past the sicky stage. I think I am just hitting my stride with that. Woke up in the middle of the night feeling ready to retch. yuck.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so everything looks good.. Cervix is long and closed, no placenta previa, lots of amniotic fluid around the baby, It has all the parts it should have. They only tiny concern the Doctor had was this white spot on the heart. She said it was a calcium deposit but it doesn't effect the heart in anyway. It just might be a indicator of Down Syndrome. But she said it was a very tiny chance of that I think around 1 or 2% and if that all my other tests are normal it should be fine. I was reading online and I guess a lot of babies have that..

I did find out the gender. They were 99% sure. I don't really want to spill the beans because I haven't told anybody in my family yet..

so everything looks good.. Cervix is long and closed, no placenta previa, lots of amniotic fluid around the baby, It has all the parts it should have. They only tiny concern the Doctor had was this white spot on the heart. She said it was a calcium deposit but it doesn't effect the heart in anyway. It just might be a indicator of Down Syndrome. But she said it was a very tiny chance of that , I think around 1 or 2% and if that all my other tests are normal it should be fine. I was reading online and I guess a lot of babies have that calcium deposit..

I did find out the gender. They were 99% sure. I don't really want to spill the beans because I haven't told anybody in my family yet..

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

so everything looks good.. Cervix is long and closed, no placenta previa, lots of amniotic fluid around the baby, It has all the parts it should have. They only tiny concern the Doctor had was this white spot on the heart. She said it was a calcium deposit but it doesn't effect the heart in anyway. It just might be a indicator of Down Syndrome. But she said it was a very tiny chance of that , I think around 1 or 2% and if that all my other tests are normal it should be fine. I was reading online and I guess a lot of babies have that calcium deposit..

Glad to hear all the good news and it sounds like that spot is absolutely nothing to worry about. I bet you'd rather not have seen it but 1% is so low. Exciting about the gender. Let's see if you can avoid saying 'he' or she' by accident ;)

VeeNDee

Timeline

I will let you guys know by tomorrow...lol

I am not going to worry about it. She suggested doing the amnio or blood test but I think we are just going to see how it goes because regardless of the outcome there is no way I would abort this pregnancy..

I texted my SIL that the baby wasn't cooperative so they couldn't see what gender it was.. lol I am mean. I am going to take her out for breakfast tomorrow and tell her then...

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Been feeling so much better lately (I'm currently 16 weeks), with the occasional hiccup. Managed to eat most dinner last night except the rice didn't stay down. I had lots of salad, fruit, cereal, etc etc and thought I was doing pretty good at eating. Then this morning I woke up with a huge headache that is better but STILL bugging me this afternoon, and weighed myself to discover I'm down another pound this week. So discouraging. I also ate a banana and it came up and then some. I suppose the moral of the story is, even if I am feeling a lot better I still need to take my anti nausea pill. That and probably buy myself some type of high calorie shakes.

VeeNDee

Timeline

Yay good news Marilyn!! :) so happy for you two!

Well i knew it was bound to happy...I got sick. I hopefully wont end up with bronchitis like David has, but my ears are blocked, my throat feels like sandpaper, and my sinuses are driving me nutty. And not being allowed to take anything is driving me crazy :( I cannot remember the last night i got at least 6 hours of sleep. This sucks lol i want my sleep!

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

VeeNDee, sorry you are still working to gain weight so hard and that nausea is still bugging you. Hopefully your anti-nausea pill will do the trick.

oh, kimbear, isn't it awful! I have been trying to keep the sinus crud away and I have been gargling with salt water every morning and night.

Oh Marilyn that sounds so fun- a little girl! Emily Helen is a beautiful name.

I am currently in the lots of sleep stage. Went to bed at 7:30 last night, got up at 9:15 pm for a bathroom break, and then slept until midnight when I got hungry and finally slept until 4:45 when I had to go to the bathroom really bad again.

Yay good news Marilyn!! smile.png so happy for you two!

Well i knew it was bound to happy...I got sick. I hopefully wont end up with bronchitis like David has, but my ears are blocked, my throat feels like sandpaper, and my sinuses are driving me nutty. And not being allowed to take anything is driving me crazy sad.png I cannot remember the last night i got at least 6 hours of sleep. This sucks lol i want my sleep!

Have you tried a Neti Pot? I find it does wonders for me.

I’m going to have to buy distilled water to use mine down south though. Some weird bacteria or something can be present in the water.

Timeline

gosh, I am not sure what to do. the other day I remembered that my brother's ex-gf was named Emily but everyone, including my brother is ok with that. Today my mom informs me that one of my cousin's has a kid named Emily.huh.png Would it be weird for 2nd cousins to have the same name? We hardly ever see them because they live in Manitoba. It has probably been over 10 years since I have been there..

Both my husband and I love the name. We don't want to give it up. :(

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

gosh, I am not sure what to do. the other day I remembered that my brother's ex-gf was named Emily but everyone, including my brother is ok with that. Today my mom informs me that one of my cousin's has a kid named Emily.huh.png Would it be weird for 2nd cousins to have the same name? We hardly ever see them because they live in Manitoba. It has probably been over 10 years since I have been there..

Both my husband and I love the name. We don't want to give it up. sad.png

That is kind of the reason why we don't want to say our names until the baby is born because then it is too late for anyone to object... plus think of it this way - if you named your child Emily when they were born, would you really care and change it after finding that stuff out? I know it's not the same but I have two aunts with the same name and two uncles with the same name and it doesn't bother me one bit (ok so I know that's through marriage) but there are so many people out there it is hard to find a name that no one else has. I guess in the end it comes down to if you are comfortable with it...

VeeNDee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.