Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Lilac I heard from some moms that wic would help buy a breast pump, you may want to look for that too.

I never fed any of my kids baby food, I did what they now call baby led weaning. Here's a really good link http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/ for making your own baby food and also has a lot of info for baby led weaning.

It pretty much skips baby food and goes straight to solids. The one thing ppl often talk about is how this teaches babies to chew then swallow unlike baby food which teaches babies to swallow first. If you did go the baby led weaning approach some moms find the gaging part scary and others told them to go to youtube to see the difference between gaging and chocking since they freaked out. Either way baby food or solids the little ones gag at some point it's unavoidable.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Just curious, have any of you considered seeing a chiropractor for back pain during pregnancy? My ob/gyn said it should be okay but I am still a bit leery of it. I am guessing you need to be careful to get someone who knows what to do and not do during pregnancy?

Edited by VeeNDee

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Just curious, have any of you considered seeing a chiropractor for back pain during pregnancy? My ob/gyn said it should be okay but I am still a bit leery of it. I am guessing you need to be careful to get someone who knows what to do and not do during pregnancy?

I just found this article... it seems to have some useful info..

http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/chiropracticcare.html

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I just found this article... it seems to have some useful info..

http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/chiropracticcare.html

Interesting. There is something called the Webster technique that is specifically for helping pregnant women make sure their baby isn't breech. Clearly there is training out there! I can't seem to find prices on any of these websites so I guess some phoning is in order.

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

I didn't see a chiropractor while pregnant but I do have a friend who saw one often. You should be able to find one in the Phone book who advertises that they specialize with pregnant women and babies. I took Alexis when she was about 5 weeks old. She had very bad acid reflux and the Doctors didn't listen to me, he did a quick adjustment and for the first time since she was born she slept for 2 hours. She wouldn't sleep more then 5 mins without being held.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

I really wanted to breastfeed Ally, but it didn't work out. I didn't produce enough. I tried everything from dietary changes to herbal supplements and special tea, but nothing worked. I tried pumping and still got very little. I had to feed her hourly and she still wasn't satisfied. At 6 weeks I started supplementing with formula, and she wanted nothing but the bottle after that. As expensive as formula is, I'm happy to spend the money then go through that misery! Its a good experience for some, but for me it was awful.

Even with the cost of childcare, formula and diapers, I actually seem to have more money now. We rarely go out anymore, and that has offset the baby costs. I was worried about it when I was prego, but things seem to have a way of working out.

No, but I wish I did. I had back pain during the whole pregnancy, and it only gets worse. Come week 36 I had a hard time. There are chiropractors that masseuses that specialize in prenatal care, and they say the earlier you start the more effective it is. I waited too long and there wasn't much they could help with.

Timeline

Marilyn, glad to hear you may be able to do your 3D ultrasound locally rather than having to make a trek.

VeeNDee, I hope your AOS gets approved to. I know when my DH got his approval it was a great stress relief.

AFM, yesterday I had my first ultrasound of my babies. Yep, that's right babies! I am having TWINS! Two little strong heart beats pounding away. I am humbled and in awe that I am growing two little humans. Dry heave vomited this morning caused by trying to cough up phlegm brought on by allergies that I can't do anything about because anti-histamines are a no no in pregnancy.

DH is so excited! He is telling everyone. I am bit more reserved however. A couple more weeks before I get too talky talky with people about my pregnancy.

Whoooo twins!! That's awesome! Congrats :dance:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats to all those who are now expecting. I don't get a chance to get on here very often anymore, but I do try to pop in every now and then to see how everyone is doing!!

I breastfed, but I had some supply issues so we did have to do a bit of supplementing with formula and we found that the target brand formula was just as good as the name brand but half the price.

Some insurance companies will pay for a pump or for the rental so check with your provider. For those of you looking into WIC, I believe they will pay for a pump or rental as well.

For those looking for pumps I tried a few different ones and they didn't last for too long. I came across a brand called Hygeia. They are similarly priced to the Medela ones, but they are a closed loop system, so there is no chance of getting milk or moisture into the pump. One of my pumps died because of moisture in the tubes that was caused by body heat...something that is pretty hard to avoid.

We are still patiently waiting for CIC to do their bit with our sponsorship/pr application. I thought waiting for US immigration was bad...this is soooo much worse. Hopefully we will get a chance to have another little one some time soon. Emma is growing up so fast. We are pretty much potty trained now. Although it is nice not having diapers, it was the last little bit of 'baby'. Before I know it I will be sending her to school :crying:

Timeline

so I have been trying to get my husband to go with me to my anatomy ultrasound at the Perinatal clinic on Wednesday, where we could possibly find out if it is a boy or girl and possibly have a 3d/4d ultrasound. He hasn't been able to come with me to those appointments yet and even just the normal 2D ultrasound is way better then the ancient machine my regular doctor uses.

Initially he said it was because he didn't want to have to deal with HR at his work. Now he is saying it is because he can't show his real emotions when he is around other people and he wants me to get them to write it on a piece of paper and we can find out together at home. But why should I be deprived of finding out at the appointment? :confused:

If he doesn't come my SIL will want to come but I don't want her finding out til we tell everyone else because she is a little bit of a blabbermouth. We mistakenly told her first that we were pregnant and before we could tell anyone else she had already told them. :angry:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I am a little nervous because this was around the time with my last pregnancy that they told me I was already dilating. I know it is different this time around because I have the cerclage but I am still worried..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I want to find out about this too, cuz my upper back..kind of where the hunch would be on the hunchback of notre dame LOL is absolutely killing me if i'm on my feet too long. whether its cooking or cleaning i have to have my husband try and crac it for me or i'm in tears. :(

HWDWm6.png

Hey guys, I didnt read the whole thing but i saw chiropractic and pregnancy. Im a chiropractor myself :) i got adjusted multiple times during pregnancy, sometimes even 2 times in a day because i was hurting bad in the second trimester.. My third was much easier on my back because of the treatments. I also delivered in only 4 hours because of all the treatments i had on my pelvis :) first baby!

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.