Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

hopefully in a week we will find out if we are having a girl or a boy. :dance: We want to find out. Just having a baby right now is surprise enough for us :D

How exciting Marilyn, do you have any guesses on what you are having?

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

How exciting Marilyn, do you have any guesses on what you are having?

I am leaning towards girl..

I am trying to get my husband to take a half day to come to the appointment but he said he took enough days already and he hates dealing with HR.. He does have a half day that is unscheduled though :P He is coming to the majority of my upcoming prenatal appointments though..

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Marilyn, glad to hear you may be able to do your 3D ultrasound locally rather than having to make a trek.

VeeNDee, I hope your AOS gets approved to. I know when my DH got his approval it was a great stress relief.

AFM, yesterday I had my first ultrasound of my babies. Yep, that's right babies! I am having TWINS! Two little strong heart beats pounding away. I am humbled and in awe that I am growing two little humans. Dry heave vomited this morning caused by trying to cough up phlegm brought on by allergies that I can't do anything about because anti-histamines are a no no in pregnancy.

DH is so excited! He is telling everyone. I am bit more reserved however. A couple more weeks before I get too talky talky with people about my pregnancy.

OMG Lilac that is awesome congratulations.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

You girls arwe giving me baby fever bad. I have 5 more days of progesterone then I wait for AF to show then I get to start clomid. I sure hope I get to join you all soon.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

So i just got my first batch of bills from the OB. Seems the only ones i'm going to get during the pregnancy are for labs while the others are all billed at delivery. Holy cow this ####### is expensive. All my doctors etc are with the same hospital, clinic, network etc. but good grief i'm looking at the charges for my tests and the office visit and the OB is like 2-3 times the price of my normal DR! EEK. i dont wanna see the bill at the end.

and if one more person says dont worry you can get financial assistance from medicaid or the govt event though i've explained 3 times i'm a green card holder and can't 'im going to slap them all silly. yes i know other ppl do it, yes i know illegals do it. I'd like to not get thrown out of the country thank you very much..or have my husband have to pay back a crapton of money. le sigh.

fyi rice krispy squares FTW. and deep dish pizza and anything tomato sauce like. i know its not the best to eat but it works it stays down and i'm having a better couple of days cuz of it. :)

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

OMG Lilac that is awesome congratulations.

Holy moly twins!! Congrats. I mean i know you had two implanted just in case, but wow both viable. Science is just freaking amazing eh? :)

Are you sure you can't take any allergy meds? I know my DR told me to stay away from anything -D meaning phseudoefedrine but she said normal ones were ok. So i'm allowed to take my Zyrtec aka Reactine.

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

our insurance covers 80% after we meet the $500 deductible. So I think the bill at the end shouldn't be too bad..

the hospital charged our insurance $11,000 for my cerclage surgery. I was maybe in the hospital for about 8 hours from start to finish and the actual surgery was maybe 5 minutes.. :P We only have to pay about $700 of that though..

Certain tomato sauce type things I cannot eat. It gives me major indigestion. I seem to be ok with pizza though..

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Ditto on the pizza front. Can't seem to eat other meat but it goes down ok. Speaking of which is it weird to bake frozen pizzs for lunch :P It seems sketchy since I was ill over a breakfast of Rice Krispies but I really want it! :whistle:

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

my thinking is I am going to eat what I can eat. Luckily I seem to be over the feeling nauseous part. although there are certain things I can't stand to eat still, like corn tortillas...

But now I have indigestion to deal with :P

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

our insurance covers 80% after we meet the $500 deductible. So I think the bill at the end shouldn't be too bad..

the hospital charged our insurance $11,000 for my cerclage surgery. I was maybe in the hospital for about 8 hours from start to finish and the actual surgery was maybe 5 minutes.. :P We only have to pay about $700 of that though..

Certain tomato sauce type things I cannot eat. It gives me major indigestion. I seem to be ok with pizza though..

ya i'm still confused on this whole health care plan thing. we have a copay, a deductable and a coinsurance out of pocket thingy. the way i'm reading it says the maximum i can pay is 2500$ individual or 5k for family and the deductible is 500$ family. i'm thinking either way i'm a half to cough up 3k. and the labs i was told are billed separatesly, so all the prenatal tests etc. everything else is part of the "delivery fee".

Ditto on the pizza front. Can't seem to eat other meat but it goes down ok. Speaking of which is it weird to bake frozen pizzs for lunch :P It seems sketchy since I was ill over a breakfast of Rice Krispies but I really want it! :whistle:

i wish i could fine those pillsbury frozen pizzas down here the ones you can microwave or toaster oven.. cheese and tomato maybe its all the protein but it works and actually fills me up.

my thinking is I am going to eat what I can eat. Luckily I seem to be over the feeling nauseous part. although there are certain things I can't stand to eat still, like corn tortillas...

But now I have indigestion to deal with :P

my DR told me for now to just eat whatever i can that stays down and worry about the nutrition later. she also said if it comes down to taking my prental or vomiting to just skip the prenatal.

My cravings are all over the place, they are constantly chaging. One day, I am craving Cheese Puffs and the next it is fig newtons.. lol

honestly, i only had the one craving a few weeks ago that was it..the hot dog one. my issue is i get hungry but everyting seems so damn boring to eat! lol. or i get sick of it fast and can't stand to eat more.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

ya i'm still confused on this whole health care plan thing. we have a copay, a deductable and a coinsurance out of pocket thingy. the way i'm reading it says the maximum i can pay is 2500$ individual or 5k for family and the deductible is 500$ family. i'm thinking either way i'm a half to cough up 3k. and the labs i was told are billed separatesly, so all the prenatal tests etc. everything else is part of the "delivery fee".

i wish i could fine those pillsbury frozen pizzas down here the ones you can microwave or toaster oven.. cheese and tomato maybe its all the protein but it works and actually fills me up.

does your insurance cover any percentage of the bills after the deductible?

we have the copay and the deductible and then the insurance covers 80% and we pay the remaining 20%.. and then we have and out of pocket maximum of I think $2000 to $3000

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

i know at the 99 cent only stores here they sell these french bread pizzas ou can put in the microwave or toaster oven

or it looks like Stouffers as something similar..

stouffers-french-bread-pizza.jpg

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

does your insurance cover any percentage of the bills after the deductible?

we have the copay and the deductible and then the insurance covers 80% and we pay the remaining 20%.. and then we have and out of pocket maximum of I think $2000 to $3000

ya i called them today and she said everything is 80% as well. we have a ppo with Aetna. so i guess we pay the dedutible and then 20% or 2500$ depending on totals? LOL man i'm just glad everyone is through teh same hospital affiliation and they all take our insurance.

ya i'm going to the store with hubby to get some quick meals and stuff today. i'll browse the frozen isles. its funny that just now i'm realizing so many things i like i've never had down here. hehe at least i can fine Toaster Strudels!! way better then pop tarts..and yes me and hubby have THAT argument weekly :P And THAT french bread thign looks so good right now :)

i know at the 99 cent only stores here they sell these french bread pizzas ou can put in the microwave or toaster oven

or it looks like Stouffers as something similar..

stouffers-french-bread-pizza.jpg

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.