Timeline

Congratulations Krys! :star:

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm going to add myself to this group. We just found out today that we are PREGNANT!!! I am scared, stressed, happy, sad and nervous. My birthday is nxt Monday so this is my birthday present this year. I can't wait to tell my mom that her baby is having a baby =].

I am looking for some advice, if any of you can give me some.

I just started a job on Sept 15, 2010. I'm on probabtion until Jan 15, 2011... When should I tell them I pregnant?

krys

Congrats!!! It is a very exciting time, but can be overwhelming at the same time.

I would suggest that you wait until you get through the 1st trimester before you tell your work....unless you happen to develop really bad morning sickness, then you may find you need to tell them sooner. I go on www.thebump.com and they have really great forums there (just like VJ). I have found it to be a good resource to ask questions like that. Unfortunately I get the feeling from reading posts on the bump about work and pregnancy, that US companies are not as willing to work with mat leave requests and such as Canadian companies are, but there are exceptions to this and hopefully the company you work for is one of the exceptions!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I've updated up to here. Let me know if I missed you.

Congrats on the newly pregnant!

VJ Canadian Preganncies and Babies...

UserName..............Due Date........Boy/Girl......Name.........BabyBorn.....Weight........Length

Canadiandggal.........??/??/??..........Boy.........Dylan........??/??/??.....?lbs??oz......??.?inches

Autumnchik............05/28/08..........Boy.........Declan.......05/08/08.....6lbs14oz......20.0inches

Team J and B..........01/25/09..........Boy.........Monkey.......01/14/09.....7lbs04oz......19.0inches

Ant+D+BabyA...........07/25/09..........Boy.........BabyA........07/30/09.....8lbs08oz......20.5inches

Team J and B..........07/09/10..........Boy.........?????........07/16/10.....?lbs??oz......??.?inches

Revenesque............08/21/10..........Girl........Angeline.....09/05/10.....8lbs05oz......21.75inches

Mtlgato...............10/17/10..........Girl........*Girl*.......10/17/10.....7lbs040z......21.25inches

Colleens..............12/13/10..........Girl........???

Bern..................12/23/10..........Boy.........Bryon

Ontarkie..............06/19/11..........???.........???

Krys & Nova...........00/00/11..........???.........???

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

How funny! I was looking around on here today (and I haven't been checking regularly for a while now), but I'll be removing conditions at the end of February and I wanted to refresh my memory a little about what all we'll need. I just noticed this thread! Ha ha! Fun! We are due April 4th, 2011! We didn't find out until we were already more than 2 months - but now that we are more than half way I've been starting to think what we'll do with the baby's room etc. We decided we want it to be a surprise so we did not find the baby's sex. The ultrasound technician and Dr were excited were pretty excited because everyone usually wants to know - they are pretty good at keeping secrets too!

***Naturalization ***

Submitted N-400: Dec 30, 2015
USPS Delivery Confirmation:
Direct Debit processed: Jan 5, 2015
NOA: Jan 9, 2015
Biometrics Appointment: Jan 28, 2015
Interview: May 7, 2015
Oath Ceremony: still waiting

Timeline

Just under a month to go, yeah, I'm pretty much done with being pregnant. :P

Married - February 25, 2009

Filed I-130 - March 3, 2009

Interview& Approval - March 26, 2010

POE'd - April 6, 2010

Filed I-751 - February 13, 2012

Approved - November 21, 2012

as1cERN0g410010MDAwMTQwOGx8MDA5Njk4c3xXZSBoYXZlIGJlZW4gbWFycmllZCBmb3I.gif

Timeline

I remember those days :)

Congrats on becoming a mommy :)

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

I have about 2 weeks to go and I am ready for her to get here. I have had a pretty easy pregnancy, but now I find that I am having trouble getting comfy at night....my back and rib cage kill me by the morning. Everyone seems to think that I am going to go early, but something in my gut tells me I will be late. Only time will tell!!

Timeline

I have about 2 weeks to go and I am ready for her to get here. I have had a pretty easy pregnancy, but now I find that I am having trouble getting comfy at night....my back and rib cage kill me by the morning. Everyone seems to think that I am going to go early, but something in my gut tells me I will be late. Only time will tell!!

Wow, how exciting! I have..3 1/2 weeks to go! I've had a dreadful pregnancy, which is why I want it to be over with. I can COMPLETELY relate to not being able to be comfortable at night, I can ONLY sleep on my left side. It hurts to sleep on my right, and obviously I can't sleep on my back or stomach. Have you started researching on how to get your daughter Canadian citizenship? I've been looking and I'm so confused.

POE'd - April 6, 2010

Timeline

Wow, how exciting! I have..3 1/2 weeks to go! I've had a dreadful pregnancy, which is why I want it to be over with. I can COMPLETELY relate to not being able to be comfortable at night, I can ONLY sleep on my left side. It hurts to sleep on my right, and obviously I can't sleep on my back or stomach. Have you started researching on how to get your daughter Canadian citizenship? I've been looking and I'm so confused.

Every night now Simon is rubbing my belly trying to encourge her to move downwards...lol His BD is next weekend so he would love to have her as a BD present!!

I looked a little while back for the citizenship and there is a form to fill and send in, but it asks some odd questions. I think it is more geared for people who were permanant residents then got citizenship as it asks several questions about that. I will look into it next week again, and make a few phone calls and let you know what I find out. I definitely want to get it for her...it will make travelling back and forth a lot easier, and we have discussed the possibility of moving back to Canada at some point, so it will be less hassle if that happens.

Timeline

Every night now Simon is rubbing my belly trying to encourge her to move downwards...lol His BD is next weekend so he would love to have her as a BD present!!

I looked a little while back for the citizenship and there is a form to fill and send in, but it asks some odd questions. I think it is more geared for people who were permanant residents then got citizenship as it asks several questions about that. I will look into it next week again, and make a few phone calls and let you know what I find out. I definitely want to get it for her...it will make travelling back and forth a lot easier, and we have discussed the possibility of moving back to Canada at some point, so it will be less hassle if that happens.

She's not head down yet? Aww. My son has been headdown and ready to go since week 30 @_@ I guess he's ready to bust out of there. Yeah, I've been looking at the forms and they ask some really odd things. When I was in Calgary this past August, I went to a Canadian Citizenship and Immigration office and they told me that since the baby will be considered a Canadian citizen by birth, that I only have to apply for PROOF of citizenship...>_< But yeah, if you find out, please let me know. I'd really appreciate it. (:

POE'd - April 6, 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

She's not head down yet? Aww. My son has been headdown and ready to go since week 30 @_@ I guess he's ready to bust out of there. Yeah, I've been looking at the forms and they ask some really odd things. When I was in Calgary this past August, I went to a Canadian Citizenship and Immigration office and they told me that since the baby will be considered a Canadian citizen by birth, that I only have to apply for PROOF of citizenship...>_< But yeah, if you find out, please let me know. I'd really appreciate it. (:

Why will your baby be considered Canadian by birth? Are you having the baby in Canada, or that is because one of the parents is Canadian?

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Timeline

Why will your baby be considered Canadian by birth? Are you having the baby in Canada, or that is because one of the parents is Canadian?

Because I am Canadian my child will automatically have canadian citizenship. Just like if I had the baby in Canada, she would automatically have US citizenship because her father is American. But you have to apply to get a citizenship card since she won't have a Canadian birth certificate. We are also thinking of applying for her British Citizenship since Hubby was born in England. He is a naturalized US Citizen. She would have a lot of options later in life (work, school etc) with the 3.

Timeline

She is head down, but has not engaged yet, so hubby just tries to get her to migrate that way while telling her to move down and hurry up!! I did a bit of looking today I found the applicateion for proof of citizenship...it is a lot more straight forward. Here is the link to the instructions and form. It looks like you will need a certified copy of the babys' and your long form BC, 2 forms of personal ID (I am assuming you will be able to use the SSN and passport for an infant)and 2 citizenship photos. These are different than passport photo's and there is a document that gives the guidelines for it linked in the instruction packet(the critera is a little more forgiving for infants under 12 months age). The cost is $75. So it looks like it won't be that bad after all.

Timeline

She is head down, but has not engaged yet, so hubby just tries to get her to migrate that way while telling her to move down and hurry up!! I did a bit of looking today I found the applicateion for proof of citizenship...it is a lot more straight forward. Here is the link to the instructions and form. It looks like you will need a certified copy of the babys' and your long form BC, 2 forms of personal ID (I am assuming you will be able to use the SSN and passport for an infant)and 2 citizenship photos. These are different than passport photo's and there is a document that gives the guidelines for it linked in the instruction packet(the critera is a little more forgiving for infants under 12 months age). The cost is $75. So it looks like it won't be that bad after all.

Yeah that form was confusing for me... They should make a child application :)

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

Wow, that doesn't look too bad, and thank god I have like 3 copies of my long form birth certificate due to US immigration. :lol: Or maybe I can...''#######'' around until I go home in August with the baby and see if I can apply for it while I'm in town. Somehow I highly doubt that though -0- I don't know if he's engaged yet, I have one last ultrasound tonight...and then on Thursday I get to figure out if I get to deliever at the military or civilian hospital. ''Yay.''

POE'd - April 6, 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.