Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm finishing my 39th week tomorrow! Baby's expected to debut next Thurs, Aug 26!

Time to send off my passport so I can get my IR visa!

How exciting! Good luck with everything :)

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: Other Timeline

I'm so desperate to reunite with my husband, I prob would risk giving birth at the consulate! But the reason I can't go in Sept is that I have to fly all the way from Vancouver...and my doctor won't ok the travel, and prob no airline would let me fly.

Do you think I should email to remind the consulate of my situation/ explicitly ask NOT to be giving a Sept interview? I've told them about the situation before, and sent a doctor's note...but that was back when I was asking to be scheduled for *before* the baby comes. Now I'm asking to be scheduled for *after* the baby comes, which they *might* be more willing to oblige...I don't know. They basically don't seem to want to oblige anyone for anything--except military.

In answer to your question, we decided not to find out the baby's gender in advance. It'll be a surprise.

Thanks for your interest/ support!

C.

Mtlgato-Understandable that you would want to be reuinted with your husband, espcially more so that you are both expecting your baby together....You definitely need that support there with you throughout your pregnancy and beyond....

As for reminding the consulate...I don't see why you can't do that....

And yes, do send them all tbe paperwork/evidence, such as a doctor's note, as to why you are unable to go for an interview in September. If they are considerate, then they should be able to accomodate such a request...

If not..You can simply write: "If anything happens to me and/or my unborn baby becuase of your inability to schedule an interview in a timely manner that is safe for the both of us, I am holding the consulate and/or the USCIS responsbile..."

Lol..You don't have to go to that extreme, grant it, but if push comes to shove (lol..pardon the pun)....You really don't want to put any extra risk to your and your baby because of their incompentence..

And if you still don't get the answers you are looking for from the consulate..Then try asking your husband to write to his local congressman/senator/etc. political representative for further assistance...

That worked in my case....As when I was pregnant and still waiting for my 10yr green card..lol...If it wasn't for the fact that I had assistance from them, heck, I think I would still be waiting......

By the way, for humour's sake.....The baby came out quicker than the green card....Just a thought....

Nevertheless, good luck in your situation, and good luck too, in getting the consulate to accomodate for your interview request. Don't give up! And more importantly...Don't put yours and your baby's lives at risk because of their incompentence

Ant

P.S. Wow...You both sure have a lot of willpower in wanting to wait until the baby is born in order to find out its gender. Lol..Not a lot of people can do that (I admit, both my husband and I couldn't do such...as we didn't like the selection of gender-neutral stuff out there).....

But I'm glad that you are able to do such for your baby...and to keep it a surprise until birth.....

Some things are better off as surprises...;)

So all the best to you and your baby...Whatever gender they may be!

The important thing is that they are happy, healthy, and loved....And that's all that matters for babies...:)

As for names...

Girl - Evelyn

Boy - Byron

We will find out on September 1st, the day after I get back from Canada. Less than 2 weeks until I'm back in the US. Lamee.

Bern-Great selection for the names....:)

And good luck with whatever baby that you have, be it that it is an Evelyn or a Bryon....;)

Good luck too in finding out its gender in September...

Lol...The first thing to do after you find out its gender (that's what my husband and I did anyways):

Go shopping for pink stuff or blue stuff, depending on the gender!....

Or just go with gender neutral if you decide not to find out or like other colours instead......

My guess is that it is going to be pink stuff that you will be shopping for..(but this is just a guess....hope I can guess right for this one too....lol...)...And yes, do post back as to what the results are....Looking forward to reading about that too...

Ant

I'm finishing my 39th week tomorrow! Baby's expected to debut next Thurs, Aug 26!

Time to send off my passport so I can get my IR visa!

Reven-Wow, I can't believe you are at 39 weeks already!

Lol..I hate to say this...But ummm....Babies don't come when you expect them to...

They come when they want to...:lol:.....

Actually, I read a statistic about this (but I can't remember from where at the moment)...

And it said that only 2% of babies come on their actual due dates...

So really, due dates are just more of an estimate, then something to totally rely upon.....

For example, I was way past my due date...And my son didn't come until 41 weeks..Lol..And he had to be forced out....

So don't rely on due dates too much...

But nevertheless, have that extra bag packed to go to the hospital, just in case the baby makes its debut anytime soon..

And in the meantime, hey, why not, make out that passport application while you are still waiting....

I do know one thing for sure....You'll have tbat baby by 42 weeks....As that is the longest that one can be pregnant for without it being a threat to the baby and/or the mother....

So yes, expec the baby to come soon! (lol...for all I know, you could be in labour now, as I am responding to you...)

Good luck with the baby coming soon! Wishing you all the best there.....

And yes, do post about the baby news too when your daughter does arrive....

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi! Update on us...

Our #2 arrived on July 16th, 2010 at 7.15 AM. He is one month young today.

My water broke at 4.15 AM, so from start to finish it was only three hours.

Crazy story: I walked to the hospital in between contractions, not knowing I was THIS close to delivering. My husband had to stay home with #1 and wait for his nanny to arrive. By the time I checked in, I was 10 cms, and 100% effaced. I knew second deliveries are usually faster but not this fast! Good thing though, I was allowed to get an epidural. Actually I got double dosage because the first dose did jack all for me. :yes: I love that drug! Husband made it to hospital before my second dosage of epidural.

In hospital for two nights then walked home with BB #2.

I'm filing for I-751 this week which is just in time because we will get #2's birth certificate this week so I can send that in with our evidence package.

Good luck to everybody!

Ps-it's like winter in SF this month! My poor kid gets no sunshine.

OMG, fully dilated when you checked in?!--What a birth story! Thanks for sharing and congrats on baby #2!

Reven-Wow, I can't believe you are at 39 weeks already!

Lol..I hate to say this...But ummm....Babies don't come when you expect them to...

They come when they want to...:lol:.....

Actually, I read a statistic about this (but I can't remember from where at the moment)...

And it said that only 2% of babies come on their actual due dates...

So really, due dates are just more of an estimate, then something to totally rely upon.....

For example, I was way past my due date...And my son didn't come until 41 weeks..Lol..And he had to be forced out....

So don't rely on due dates too much...

But nevertheless, have that extra bag packed to go to the hospital, just in case the baby makes its debut anytime soon..

And in the meantime, hey, why not, make out that passport application while you are still waiting....

I do know one thing for sure....You'll have tbat baby by 42 weeks....As that is the longest that one can be pregnant for without it being a threat to the baby and/or the mother....

So yes, expec the baby to come soon! (lol...for all I know, you could be in labour now, as I am responding to you...)

Good luck with the baby coming soon! Wishing you all the best there.....

And yes, do post about the baby news too when your daughter does arrive....

Ant

OMG, this baby will be the death of me if she doesn't come out soon! I gained 2 lbs overnight and with it, more itchy stretch marks and back pain. I'm up 50 lbs already with this pregnancy--that's almost half my pre-preggo weight!

I've sent my passport off to the US Consulate in Montreal, expecting it to come back with the IR visa in four weeks.

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Timeline

You only weighed about 100lbs before the pregancy??? Well, no wonder you've gained 50lbs. I think it's often the skinnier women who gain a lot. It tends to be the women who were very heavy in the first place who can claim to have gained no weight or some tiny amount like 4lbs.

As for when the baby will come...I can understand why you want it to be soon! I'm sure I'll be the same way in just a few weeks. Ant is right, though, that they're often "late" (esp. first babies). Doesn't ALWAYS happen that way, though. I think it's true that very few are born on the due date (I'd read 4%), but LOTS are born *near* the due date. Lots!

Good luck!

C.

OMG, fully dilated when you checked in?!--What a birth story! Thanks for sharing and congrats on baby #2!

OMG, this baby will be the death of me if she doesn't come out soon! I gained 2 lbs overnight and with it, more itchy stretch marks and back pain. I'm up 50 lbs already with this pregnancy--that's almost half my pre-preggo weight!

I've sent my passport off to the US Consulate in Montreal, expecting it to come back with the IR visa in four weeks.

Timeline

You only weighed about 100lbs before the pregancy??? Well, no wonder you've gained 50lbs. I think it's often the skinnier women who gain a lot. It tends to be the women who were very heavy in the first place who can claim to have gained no weight or some tiny amount like 4lbs.

As for when the baby will come...I can understand why you want it to be soon! I'm sure I'll be the same way in just a few weeks. Ant is right, though, that they're often "late" (esp. first babies). Doesn't ALWAYS happen that way, though. I think it's true that very few are born on the due date (I'd read 4%), but LOTS are born *near* the due date. Lots!

Good luck!

C.

Yeah, I was about 105 lbs pre-pregnancy, a little thin for my height actually. Hubby wants me to be at 120 post birth. Anyhoo, today's my due date and still no baby. Looks like she'll be late.

On another note, the US Consulate at Montreal received my passport! Yay!

USCS JOURNEY

NVC JOURNEY

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

dVUNm7.png

Timeline

Hey now!! I was 96 Pounds when i got pregnant with My son, I was 110 before I went to the hospital it was all in the belly. "skinny people don't always gain a ton of weight" I also had NO morning sickness or anything but horrible heartburn. Oh and my Induction was horrible, absolutely horrible took forever,and ever so much pain :(. However second time "for real" will be my big gain you cannot have two great pregnancy or at least i will not be that lucky

here lol

DSCF00102.jpg

Edited by Canadiandggal

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

Hahaha I look like a total dork, big friggin tummy though. Enjoy em while they are young they grow up too quickly :)

Edited by Canadiandggal

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

DSCF00102.jpg

Took me a few tries to get the picture to work

Edited by Canadiandggal

age.png

age.png

event.png

Timeline

Ok! It's possible. I was making a generalization, I know.

I've gained about 28lbs so far, and I still have about a month to go. I bet I'll end up with about 35lbs gained total.

C.

Hey now!! I was 96 Pounds when i got pregnant with My son, I was 110 before I went to the hospital it was all in the belly. "skinny people don't always gain a ton of weight" I also had NO morning sickness or anything but horrible heartburn. Oh and my Induction was horrible, absolutely horrible took forever,and ever so much pain :(. However second time "for real" will be my big gain you cannot have two great pregnancy or at least i will not be that lucky

here lol

DSCF00102.jpg

Timeline

She might not be VERY late. Maybe just a very few days...

Good luck!!!

How soon after the birth do you hope to move?

C.

Yeah, I was about 105 lbs pre-pregnancy, a little thin for my height actually. Hubby wants me to be at 120 post birth. Anyhoo, today's my due date and still no baby. Looks like she'll be late.

On another note, the US Consulate at Montreal received my passport! Yay!

Timeline

I have gained 8 pounds from Week 19-23 which is great considering during the first 2 months of pregnancy, I lost 20 pounds. =D I have certainly ballooned over my trip in Canada, I head back to Texas this Tuesday and I find out the babys gender on Wednesday. (:

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good Luck Raven....I hope she doesn't wait too long to make her debut!! I was to the Dr. on Wed and had my glucose test done.....NASTY!! I am still waiting for the results, I should have them by Tuesday. I have gained 8lbs so far and I am at 24 weeks, but all 8 of those have been in the last 8 weeks!!! I was a bit overweight before I got pregnant, so I am really trying to keep the weight gain to a minimum, but it is getting hard with all the cravings now!! I am good in the morning an afternoon, but after supper....I think I need hubby to put a lock on the cabinets and fridge...lol. I am also in Canada right now, so I am getting my fill of all the foods that I can't get back in the states!!!

Does anyone know if you need your EAD in order to start collecting your Maternity Benefits? I am still waiting for my biometrics appt letter (and it has been 3 months since I sent my AOS in...there is no capacity at the knoxville ASC apparently). I will be able to start drawing my mat benefits in early October, and at the rate I am going I may not have my EAD by then.

Timeline

What kind of maternity benefits are you talking about here? Is this specifically a military thing?

C

Does anyone know if you need your EAD in order to start collecting your Maternity Benefits? I am still waiting for my biometrics appt letter (and it has been 3 months since I sent my AOS in...there is no capacity at the knoxville ASC apparently). I will be able to start drawing my mat benefits in early October, and at the rate I am going I may not have my EAD by then.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What kind of maternity benefits are you talking about here? Is this specifically a military thing?

C

I am talking about the Maternity benefits that you can get from Canada. It is part of the EI program. Since I still qualify for EI, I will be able to switch my EI benefits (if I ever get EAD to begin collecting them) to maternity benefits. I was wondering if you need EAD for the maternity portion, since unlike the EI benefits, you are not expected to be looking for a job.

Timeline

DSCF00102.jpg

Took me a few tries to get the picture to work

You looked good! I'll post my hospital pics when ever I get there--then y'all can see what 50 lbs on me looks like, lol.

She might not be VERY late. Maybe just a very few days...

Good luck!!!

How soon after the birth do you hope to move?

C.

She's seven days late! Never thought I would have a September baby.

re: moving to the US, I'm thinking probably at the end of Dec or Jan 1st, just to round off the tax year. I'm not in a rush.

Good Luck Raven....I hope she doesn't wait too long to make her debut!!

Thanks Colleen!

I am talking about the Maternity benefits that you can get from Canada. It is part of the EI program. Since I still qualify for EI, I will be able to switch my EI benefits (if I ever get EAD to begin collecting them) to maternity benefits. I was wondering if you need EAD for the maternity portion, since unlike the EI benefits, you are not expected to be looking for a job.

I just got my EI maternity benefits (15 weeks) and EI parental benefits (35 weeks) approved, with the first payment on Sept 14. Not sure how it works in your case, Colleens.

USCS JOURNEY

NVC JOURNEY

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

dVUNm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.