Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Can I join too even though my baby is really A toddler now? :P

DanielParul-

All VJers are welcomed, regardless! :)

And yes, you're welcomed too...Welcome! :):thumbs:

Feel free to join in the discussion and add to the list too...

Btw..Cute baby and family pics in your signature too...:)

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Colleens-Thanks for updating your information on the list..:thumbs:

Hope you are feeling better...Don't worry, the morning/all-day sickness will be better soon...

Sorry that you are having trouble finding health insurance. As for finding other healthcare alternatives, you can try looking at local community health clinics, that offer free and/or lower "sliding scale" payment services (such as paying at a lower cost, or in installments, or not at all), based on your financial situation. As well, you can try looking into other programs (some government based, some non-government based) that also offer health insurance too. For example, here in New York State, they have a state-wide health insurance program called "Family Health Plus" and "Child Health Plus", which is different from medicaid and are for people that have higher incomes than medicaid guidelines but have lower incomes that cannot afford private expensive health insurance. These programs are not means-tested benefits too, and that if they have this program or other similar programs in your state that you can apply for that as well.

Regardless, I hope you do find good healthcare for you and your baby, as that's very important for everyone to have indeed!

Hope this helps. Good luck with the rest of your immigration journey, and good luck with your healthcare situation too.

Ant

Thanks Ant, I think the Tencare is something similar to what you are talking about. I spoke to an insurance broker this morning and he give the info to me and said that his wife came from the Phillipenes and that is what she used when she arrived, but I am not sure how long ago that was and if anything had changed rule wise from that time. I briefly looked at it and it seems to have some income guidelines on it and such. I am also going to call planned parenthood to see if they can point me to any resources. It is not that we can't afford to have the insurance (to some limits!!)..it is just finding it. Regardless, I will still go to the Dr even if I have to pay out of pocket, because I know how important pre-natal care is.

Oh Bern. *pats*

I know you're not horribly thrilled, but Congratulations anyway :P

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

OMG Bern...congratulations! This is a bit unexpected.

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have to join this thread now...haha @_@

Wow, congratulations!

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have to join this thread now...haha @_@

WHAT! :hehe: Congrats!

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Timeline

Yeah. I'm just as surprised as you all probably. :P It was pretty instant, which SUCKS. But what can you do? On the bright side, we're together now. We have an apartment together, healthcare etc, so that's the yays. On the downside, morning sickness hates me. All I can down are crackers.

Someone help? D:

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Timeline

Yeah. I'm just as surprised as you all probably. :P It was pretty instant, which SUCKS. But what can you do? On the bright side, we're together now. We have an apartment together, healthcare etc, so that's the yays. On the downside, morning sickness hates me. All I can down are crackers.

Someone help? D:

Congrats!!!

I hear you on the morning/all day sickness thing. I can't help you but at least we can suffer together..lol

Timeline

Congrats!!!

I hear you on the morning/all day sickness thing. I can't help you but at least we can suffer together..lol

Yay. I like having someone I can suffer with. XD

Basically, I've been craving a lot of random stuff...going to the TMC tomorrow, which is like a family medical clinic, once they confirm that I am INDEED pregnant (although 5 digital tests said yes.) I can go to the hospital and start seeing someone. I'm nervous because I heard the military hospital here kind of sucks. Haha.

I'm sort of excited though, so many mixed feelings...

For all those with babies already, what did you do to better your pregnancy?

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Good luck tomorrow, I hope the hospital is nicer than you've heard.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

I got the opportunity to speak with someone at Blue Cross Blue Sheild today and found out that since Canadians are covered by a national health care plan that we qualify under the HIPPA laws, that means that an insurance company can not deny you coverage when you have a pre-existing condition (such as pregnancy)!!! Yeah!! The rates were absolutely INSANE from BCBS ($2450 a month with the maternity rider), but at least now I know I am covered under that law and I have gone to a broker to find me something a bit more affordable. At $2450 a month, you would be better off just paying out of your pocket...it would be cheaper!!

I have my first Dr's appt tomorrow, so I am looking forward to that :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Someone help? D:

Instant oatmeal in various flavours worked for me, as well as cold cereal like Cheerios (dry or with milk)...sweet things agreed more often then anything else. A lot of smells drove me nuts and I'd puke at the drop of a hat. As much as you can take advantage of a good hour or morning or whatever and get your shopping or whatever done and then veg when you feel gross.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Instant oatmeal in various flavours worked for me, as well as cold cereal like Cheerios (dry or with milk)...sweet things agreed more often then anything else. A lot of smells drove me nuts and I'd puke at the drop of a hat. As much as you can take advantage of a good hour or morning or whatever and get your shopping or whatever done and then veg when you feel gross.

I don't think I am pregnant yet, but the thought of instant oatmeal still makes me want to puke. dead.gif

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.