Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Seriously not trying to be argumentative here, so I hope you don't take it that way :) But actually, it is still not recommended to buy single user breast pumps used EVEN if you buy new shields, etc. Here is a link to an article on that.

http://www.breastfeedingonline.com/pumps.shtml

Hospital grade pumps are manufactured for multiple users and are fine to share, as long as new tubing, shields, etc. are used each time.

When I had Declan, I was going to use a pump given to me by a friend, with all new tubing and shields. I had thought that would be fine. However, when I consulted with the lactation consultants, they recommended not to do that and linked me to information online about the reasons not to.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good information. I think I will buy a new one, even Medela's website mentions it.

People, don't listen to me about using a pre-owned breastpump. Apparently, I'm full of ######. IMO, I used a friend's breastpump and Monkey and I are fine, but it's not suggested to do so, so buy your own!

BTW, I messed up on what I wrote about returning breastpumps. What I mean to write was that you cannot return a breastpump even if it is unused (sorry I wrote unopened in my previous post) ... if the box has been opened. Did I explain that so it makes sense? I think I got myself confused in my previous post :)

Well, Declan is sick and just puked all over me. The joys of motherhood.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Dang! Hubby and I are waiting for an interview as our NVC case completed on Jan 7--now I'm thinking I should delay the CR-1 until my baby is born. How do you get the NVC to put the CR-1 on hold?

Revenesque - sorry been away the last couple days. If your case is complete at NVC, the only thing I think you can do is ask to reschedule the interview (Trail Mix would likely know how this is done), but it prob can't be pushed back too far. What does it look like for your current timeline to get an interview? When is baby due? Could you get your visa, but then stay in Canada until baby is born?

But, funny thing, I was denied entry at the border in October. When I explained that I was coming back because I wanted to have my baby in Canada (and showed plenty of proof - ultrasound photos, doctor letter, appt letter, etc), the border agent basically said that I could get my visa and have the baby wherever I want. I explained that you have to be a RESIDENT in Canada to qualify for health care here, and he said "why, do you take this with you to the hospital?" (and held up my passport). I knew there was nothing wrong with me slowing down my process through NVC (i.e. you have year to submit whatever info they request), but this US border agent was saying I could've become a US resident and then just LIED to and deceived my own government by pretending I was still a Canadian resident so I could have my baby here (for no cost). Very ethical advice! :angry:

The reason I'm telling you this is perhaps the jerk at the border was right in a sense, maybe you can indeed get your visa, move to the US, and still come back to Canada and have your baby? Maybe the provincial government would not find out that you're not a resident here anymore? I really don't know, but that's just not a risk I was willing to take. I do know that Alberta Health care requires that you are a resident and physically present in Alberta for 6 months (or notify them of an extended absense) in order to maintain your health care. There could be a way to get around it, but I didn't figure it out and wasn't willing to have it come back and bite me in the butt later, ya know?

Still, I am pretty sure that if you do not have coverage in the US because of the stupid "pre-existing condition" thing, and you do not have coverage in Canada because you are no longer a resident there, it is STILL cheaper to have your baby in Canada.

I know, it sucks! And I was so upset when Mass. elected the Republican senator b/c now it looks like Health Care Reform in the US (that would prohibit the awful "pre-existing condition" denials by insurance companies) is dead. :( That's the other thing that scares me - I do have pre-existing medical conditions myself and worry about not receiving coverage when we move to the US. What a horrible system.

Timeline

I gotta add something about breastfeeding for all the new moms out there.

DO NOT let anyone make you feel guilty if you are unable to breastfeed. Although breast milk is certainly THE best option for your baby and I personally believe every mom should try as hard as they can to breastfeed, your baby can still not only survive, but thrive on formula too.

I had a lot of problems with breastfeeding....so I pumped my breast milk 5 times a day for months, until I was going insane (pumping, feeding, and cleaning bottles and pumps is BY FAR more work than any other way). I wanted to give my baby the best possible start to life, but finally I couldn't keep up with the pumping anymore. I was also suffering from post-partum, so a nurse finally told me to put her on formula full-time.

I remember feeling SOOOO much guilt, and would read websites where women (and men!) would make you feel like you are poisoning your child with formula (even though I bet many of them were formula-fed 20-30 years ago when formula wasn't nearly as fortified and good as it is now).

People say your child will be stupid, sick, obese, etc. I'm biased, but my daugther started talking, counting, etc. way before most of her peers.... she has also been sick much less than all of my friends' kids who were breastfed for much longer....never any ear infections or anything. She is VERY healthy. I also know countless people my age who were 100% formula fed who are now doctors, lawyers, and very smart, successful, healthy people.

For baby #2, I REALLY do hope that I am able to breastfeed straight from the ####### for as long as possible...but I have a very newly discovered health condition myself that might mean I need to be on medication that is not good for the baby, so if that's the case, I might not have much choice. This time though I know formula is NOT poison.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

More replies...(sorry it took me awhile to catch up on this thread...)

ValA-Cute "Country Sounding" Baby Names! I like it! Lol...And the "S outfit" will come in handy too if you're having a "Sloane Lee" too (which I think you'll have a girl...just a guess though).

LOL No, the names we have somewhat agreed upon are Sloane Lee for a girl and Anderson Wyatt for a boy.

Reven-Lol...Likewise, I'm raising my baby on a tight budget too. Have no choice really, especially given the USCIS debt accumulated over the years. Lol...Either way, we manage with the basics and are ok there. And I have found that the most important thing that the baby needs is love and care from their parents, which is of course free, and affordable with any shoestring budget!

I'm trying to get hubby to buy in to my new project (raise the baby on a very anorexic shoe string budget) but he wouldn't have it, LOL.

Reven-Lol...What do I win? Just kidding. Glad that you decided on the baby bathtub instead of the sink.

Hubby and I were arguing washing the baby in the sink vs baby bathtub, and well, Ant, you'll be happy to know we're getting a baby bathtub, LOL. I lost that argument.

Bern-Cute name too. And I'm sure that when you have your baby, (either Alexander Esrin or something else), you'll find the perfect them for them!

I don't have a baby yet, but it's always fun to start picking out names. :lol:

Boy: Alexander Esrin

Girl: I haven't thought that far. XD

Staashi-Glad that E loves his tub! Cute pics in your signature too (by the way, how old is he now?) Aww..Cute that he watches over the big tub too. Lol...about the bootie and legs....By the way feel free to add your info to the "Pregnancies and Babies" list on this message thread too.....

We still use E's tub - he loves it. He's so cute. Now when we're getting ready to bathe him, we'll strip him down and he'll crawl on the floors. He loves to pull himself up at the big tub and watch his little tub get filled up with water. Nothing like seeing his little nekkid chubby bootie and legs as he stands on his tiptoes. :wub:

Team J and B-Cute pic of Money in the tub too! Thanks for sharing that here. And yes, I will definitely be asking about baby/child items here on this thread too (lol..I'm frugal and do research and buy stuff online as well). By the way, do you have any suggestions as to what to get for highchairs and stuff for babies that are about 6 months or so? What do I need next...lol.....?

Monkey in our kitchen sink till he outgrew a regular cheapy tub (on loan from a friend). This pic looks like it was taken when he was a week old, so about exactly a year ago. He was around 7 lbs in that tub. So kitchen sink is definitely doable as long as you have a tub with a netting underneath for their comfort.

Our kitchen sink is quite large. The bathroom sinks in the rest of our house are regular sized; we don't have a laundry room sink; and we don't have a regular bathtub, so the kitchen sink was the best solution and it worked out splendidly.

I didn't buy anything new, except a few obvious things. I got most of my stuff on eBay, Craigslist (some free, some not), friends and family gave/loaned me tons of stuff, and Gramma and Grampa bought stuff we didn't want to buy ourselves.

I just purchased brand new a toddler car seat (Britax Roundabout $140 - lowest price). My next purchase will be the Medela Advanced breast pump in anticipation of #2. My friend had loaned me hers and it worked awesome so I think I will splurge and buy a new one myself if I can find one for under $200. If not, I will buy a used one for $150 or so. They run around $300 with taxes brand new.

If you guys have any questions on buying stuff new or used, feel free to ask me. I'm very frugal when it comes to baby stuff and my husband and I do a lot of research and always try to find the best deals online.

Everyone-This is the baby bathtub that I got at Babies R Us for my son (and he still uses it at 6 months old too, since it goes from newborn to toddler size). It's great as well, as it is portable and folds away for storage, which is convenient and a space-saver for all.

Newborn-to-Toddler Fold Away Baby Bath

http://www.summerinfant.com/categories_pro...-Baby-Bath.html

Hope this helps too. Good luck on your babies and pregnancies.

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Timeline
Revenesque - sorry been away the last couple days. If your case is complete at NVC, the only thing I think you can do is ask to reschedule the interview (Trail Mix would likely know how this is done), but it prob can't be pushed back too far. What does it look like for your current timeline to get an interview? When is baby due? Could you get your visa, but then stay in Canada until baby is born?

Blitz! Did you give birth yet? I think you're due sometimes early this week? I'm so excited for you!

As for myself, I think we're up for an April interview, while I'm due in Aug 21, 2010. I guess I can get the visa, but I cannot activate it until I'm ready to let go of universal health care. I'm hoping for a way to stretch out that visa expiry date until I'm comfortable that my baby can travel.

But, funny thing, I was denied entry at the border in October. When I explained that I was coming back because I wanted to have my baby in Canada (and showed plenty of proof - ultrasound photos, doctor letter, appt letter, etc), the border agent basically said that I could get my visa and have the baby wherever I want. I explained that you have to be a RESIDENT in Canada to qualify for health care here, and he said "why, do you take this with you to the hospital?" (and held up my passport). I knew there was nothing wrong with me slowing down my process through NVC (i.e. you have year to submit whatever info they request), but this US border agent was saying I could've become a US resident and then just LIED to and deceived my own government by pretending I was still a Canadian resident so I could have my baby here (for no cost). Very ethical advice! :angry:

Oh my! LOL, imgagine that.

You brought up a good point about border crossing while pregnant. I'll make a note to myself about bringing plenty of proof that I'll be having the baby in Canada.

The reason I'm telling you this is perhaps the jerk at the border was right in a sense, maybe you can indeed get your visa, move to the US, and still come back to Canada and have your baby? Maybe the provincial government would not find out that you're not a resident here anymore? I really don't know, but that's just not a risk I was willing to take. I do know that Alberta Health care requires that you are a resident and physically present in Alberta for 6 months (or notify them of an extended absense) in order to maintain your health care. There could be a way to get around it, but I didn't figure it out and wasn't willing to have it come back and bite me in the butt later, ya know?

I'm not comfortable with that risk either.

There was a woman who worked and lived in Vancouver, has universal health care and recently underwent a hip surgery. Then the BC medicare discovered she was also a greencard holder, which meant she is considered a permanent resident of the US (despite the fact she lived in Canada) and billed her for all the medical services she used (including the hip surgery) retroactive since the date that she became a greencard member. OUCH! It was a nightmare for this woman.

Still, I am pretty sure that if you do not have coverage in the US because of the stupid "pre-existing condition" thing, and you do not have coverage in Canada because you are no longer a resident there, it is STILL cheaper to have your baby in Canada.

I'm so glad you understand my predicament. :-)

I know, it sucks! And I was so upset when Mass. elected the Republican senator b/c now it looks like Health Care Reform in the US (that would prohibit the awful "pre-existing condition" denials by insurance companies) is dead. :( That's the other thing that scares me - I do have pre-existing medical conditions myself and worry about not receiving coverage when we move to the US. What a horrible system.

Agreed!

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Timeline

I can't even think of breastfeeding or names...I'm still hyperventilating over the prices of babystrollers and carseats!

USCS JOURNEY

NVC JOURNEY

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

dVUNm7.png

Timeline
Blitz! Did you give birth yet? I think you're due sometimes early this week? I'm so excited for you!

As for myself, I think we're up for an April interview, while I'm due in Aug 21, 2010. I guess I can get the visa, but I cannot activate it until I'm ready to let go of universal health care. I'm hoping for a way to stretch out that visa expiry date until I'm comfortable that my baby can travel.

Yes, you can't stretch out the visa expiry date, as such (if that's what you really meant). About the only thing you can do is postpone your interview date. So if you did interview in April, you would have to enter on your visa no later than October - if you were able to reschedule your interview for a later date that would probably tack 2-3 months on to that.

Timeline
Yes, you can't stretch out the visa expiry date, as such (if that's what you really meant). About the only thing you can do is postpone your interview date. So if you did interview in April, you would have to enter on your visa no later than October - if you were able to reschedule your interview for a later date that would probably tack 2-3 months on to that.

Trailmix, do you know if it's possible to reschedule an appointment later than 2-3 months?...like 6+ months later?

USCS JOURNEY

NVC JOURNEY

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

dVUNm7.png

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

More Replies...

Autumn-Likewise, I think breastfeeding is the most healthiest choice for my baby, and hence, was one of the reasons why I decided to do such. Sorry that you had problems breastfeeding, but regardless glad that you stuck with it. :thumbs:

Lol..Interesting about the Reglan increasing supply..I've heard of that before...but I thought it was just some myth or something..I guess not...Whatever works, I suppose. As for the pumps, I've heard that the medela ones are the best too, though I haven't tried the electric ones (I only have a manual one that I got from the hospital...only used once..lol...), so I have no clue about how those works. But yes, I would recommend the medella pumps to all new mothers out there too...

To answer Ant - I had always wanted to breastfeed because I wanted my child to get immunities from me, etc. For me, it was such a fricking struggle to do so. I finally found out at 6 week postpartum that I wasn't producing enough milk, so I took Reglan which increased my supply. It was all good until his surgery 2 weeks later and then the breastfeeding went downhill again!!!

To the new mommies to be - the Medela electric pump is awesome, but I would suggest not buying a pump until after you have the baby and know if the breastfeeding is working out. It is an expensive pump and cannot be returned to the store, even if unopened.

TeamJandB-(ntw..I got your pm about this too...replying to it here...). Thanks for your help and detailed reply too! Here is my reply...

1) Likewise, I've been bfing my son since day one too (lol..I'm bfing as I type, as you can see..hence the grammar/spelling errors..lol...). It's good that the pumping worked for you too, so that kept your supply up and your husband could take a turn at the feedings. Lol...I didn't pump though, as I found that to be more work and frustrating to do such. So my husband and I kind of worked out a system where I would feed the baby and he would change the baby...It was better that way, than to wash pumps and bottles..lol....

2) Wow, I can't believe you're eating for 3 now! How do you manage such? How is it like bfig for a 1+ year old and while pregnant? Did you run into any problems bfing your son now that he is older (for example, with teething) and that the milk can be different because of the pregnancy?

3) That's great that you still nurse your son, even at 1+ years of age and after your supply went down! Wow! Keep up the great work! And yes, your son will definitely enjoy this extra treat of breastmilk. And it looks to me, that you have a good nursing schedule there too! Thanks for the info, which I will make a note of for my son at about that age. Glad tha tyou stuck with it...:thumbs:

4) So you're doing bottles and formula and food/baby food? Wow!That's a lot to eat!

5) Likewise, I started the rice cereal too, and other baby foods at 5-6 months or so. So far so good. My son is 50 (breastmilk) / 50 (baby food) now.

6) Lol..My son strated teething now (he has 2 teeth front teeth..just like the song....lol...guess Santa gave him those for christmas...). So like your son, maybe by eight months he will have a few teeth too, and will hopefully be ready for grow-up food by then too. By the way, is your son having milk products too, now that he is over a year old?

7)Great too, to introduce your son to different unique foods, so that he can have a "multicultural" palete! I agree, introduce kids to as many new foods as possible, so that they won't be as picky later on either. Lol....I think part of the aquired tastes is genetic though, as since your son doesn't like meat, you don't either. Likewise, my son is the same way with fish (that is when I have fish and that is in the breastmilk), as that doesn't do well on his system. Though I think he takes after my husband in this way..as my husband hates fish, and I like fish, and my son doesn't like it..lol..

9) Good idea about those tasty and simple foods to make! Thanks! Yum! What foods are your son's favourites and dislikes now?

Hi, Ant -

1) I've been bfing since day one. I've also pumped till my supply ran low. In the first six months I had too much milk so pumping was no problem and my husband could feed him when I didn't want to nurse.

2) I'm now pregnant again and my kid is still bfing. I eat for three, literally!

3) After my supply went down (around month six), I stopped pumping. I now nurse:-when he wakes up in the morning-before morning nap-before afternoon nap (when he naps, that is)-before bedtime So I nurse 3-4 times a day.

4) He gets a bottle of formula about 10 minutes after I finish nursing him in the morning. While I have my coffee, he gets a formula bottle. So we do bfing and one formula bottle a day.

5) Rice cereal at six months. Then other mushy foods.

6) By eight months, he had six teeth so he was on our food. Now at a year he's on our food, just cut up. His new thing now is Japanese udon noodles - they're so chewy and fun to eat.

7) We go out to eat a lot and as long as he has food in front of him, he's cool. Eating out is great since eight months when he could sit up in a high chair. We don't hold back on spices or cuisine on him. He eats Chinese, Indian, Thai, American.

8) I am a believer in starting them with exciting tastes as soon as possible. I love hot, and he loves to sneak my food so he ends up eating some hot stuff. He doesn't care for meat, though. I don't eat meat so maybe he gets it there. He eats eggs, tofu, fish.

9) Some easy things to make: noodles, fried rice, scrambled eggs, toast with PB, cottage cheese with applesauce, fries, creamy soups.

Hope this helps!

Autmn-Lol...That's ok....Hope he feels better soon.

Likewise, my son just puked over me the other day too..lol..thank goodness it was just breastmilk..but yeah..it's gross....

Well, Declan is sick and just puked all over me. The joys of motherhood.

Blitz-Did you have Baby #2 yet? Congratulations and good luck with your new arrival! :) (and yes, do keep us updated about that too)

Sorry to hear that breastfeeding did not work out well for you. At least you gave it a try, so that's good too. The important thing here is that your baby and you are happy and healthy, regardless of how the baby is fed. And yes, if formula feeding works better for you and your baby, that's ok, and so be it, and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. So no need for anyone to feel guilty about forumal feeding. Whatever works best for the mother and the baby, and that all is happy and healthy, is the most important of all...

I gotta add something about breastfeeding for all the new moms out there.

DO NOT let anyone make you feel guilty if you are unable to breastfeed. Although breast milk is certainly THE best option for your baby and I personally believe every mom should try as hard as they can to breastfeed, your baby can still not only survive, but thrive on formula too.

I had a lot of problems with breastfeeding....so I pumped my breast milk 5 times a day for months, until I was going insane (pumping, feeding, and cleaning bottles and pumps is BY FAR more work than any other way). I wanted to give my baby the best possible start to life, but finally I couldn't keep up with the pumping anymore. I was also suffering from post-partum, so a nurse finally told me to put her on formula full-time.

I remember feeling SOOOO much guilt, and would read websites where women (and men!) would make you feel like you are poisoning your child with formula (even though I bet many of them were formula-fed 20-30 years ago when formula wasn't nearly as fortified and good as it is now).

People say your child will be stupid, sick, obese, etc. I'm biased, but my daugther started talking, counting, etc. way before most of her peers.... she has also been sick much less than all of my friends' kids who were breastfed for much longer....never any ear infections or anything. She is VERY healthy. I also know countless people my age who were 100% formula fed who are now doctors, lawyers, and very smart, successful, healthy people.

For baby #2, I REALLY do hope that I am able to breastfeed straight from the ####### for as long as possible...but I have a very newly discovered health condition myself that might mean I need to be on medication that is not good for the baby, so if that's the case, I might not have much choice. This time though I know formula is NOT poison.

Reven-Ummm...I hate to say this...but..you're going to have to think of breastfeeding and/or forumla and names soon! They're not going to let you leave the hospital without deciding on such....After all, the baby needs to be fed and needs a birth certificate.....Just a thought.....Oh well..you still have some time...lol...So yeah, think carefully, ask questions, consider all options, and do reserach too.....

I can't even think of breastfeeding or names...I'm still hyperventilating over the prices of babystrollers and carseats!

Everyone-I chose breastfeeding for these top 5 following reasons: 1) It is healthy 2) It is more affordable 3) It is convenient 4) It creates a "bonding" between baby and mother 5) It is the most natural thing to do. I can think of more reasons...but I don't want to go on and on here. It worked out (and is still working.) the best for me and my baby, but I can't say that it works for everyone. Regardless, do what is best for your situation. And the most important thing to consider is the health and happiness of you and your baby. Feel free to ask me too, if you have any further questions about breasfeeeding. Lol..On a funny note, the most interesting places I've ever had to breastfeed as at a USCIS office, after an interview...lol...and yeah, it was funny how the immigration officer was watching too..oh well...I was covered up, and it's legal...so be it... Baby's got to eat, right?...lol...

Hope this helps too. Thanks for your help too. Good luck on your pregnancies and babies.

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Timeline
Trailmix, do you know if it's possible to reschedule an appointment later than 2-3 months?...like 6+ months later?

I've never seen anyone do this, so i'm not sure. The paperwork does 'expire' at some point, but i'm not really clear on all the issues with that. If I remember correctly (and don't quote me on this) you have like a year after you clear NVC I think it is - to interview.

I guess another option for you would be to get the visa, wait 6 months (well just before 6 months), cross the border, use your visa then come back to Canada for a few months. As long as your Husband is still living in the U.S. at that point (as opposed to living in Canada) a few months shouldn't make a difference.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

I got the results of my dating ultrasound back a few days ago and discovered the baby is 5 days younger than I thought it to be. That pushes my EDD forward to Aug 25th, 2010. Great...another week of morning sickness!

I've never seen anyone do this, so i'm not sure. The paperwork does 'expire' at some point, but i'm not really clear on all the issues with that. If I remember correctly (and don't quote me on this) you have like a year after you clear NVC I think it is - to interview.

I guess another option for you would be to get the visa, wait 6 months (well just before 6 months), cross the border, use your visa then come back to Canada for a few months. As long as your Husband is still living in the U.S. at that point (as opposed to living in Canada) a few months shouldn't make a difference.

I'm going to reschedule the interview if indeed we get it for April. That timeline is better for us.

USCS JOURNEY

NVC JOURNEY

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

dVUNm7.png

Timeline

I'm feeling very :dead: today...

Edited by Revenesque

USCS JOURNEY

NVC JOURNEY

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

dVUNm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.