Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the tips ladies! I guess my main problem for breastfeeding is, one breasts produces more then the other. I've seemed to figure it out a little.. Still lop sided but, I've just come to accept that. I try and pump 6oz everyday to get a stock pile in the freezer going.

The little guy feeds roughly every 1.5 to 2hrs some days it feels like every hour, making it a little ticky to pump. And I think pineapple juice has been helping my supply as well.

I like your little onesie your little man is wearing wowswift, that's cute!

I am not looking forwards to the medical bill from here. I got an epidural and recived the bill from the anesthesiologist - jezz, where do they come up with these prices?! The US needs to smarten up and get on the same track as canada with health care. Maybe then their hopsitals wouldn't be writing off 3million dollars worth of unpaid medical bills. Unreal. And what I loved most was, once the nurses found out I was canadian, they automatically assumed I was covered. I don't know how many times I've explained that our health care doesn't work like that. "Oh, I thought your health care was 'Universal'" ... Yeah, in CANADA! Why would my health care benefits travel with me, it's not like it's travlers insurance (dummies!).

Congrats on the little one :) I had a c-section and Caihla was in the NICU for heart issues, talk about sticker shock. Close to 10k, i got a bill from every single per son involved from the hospital to the anesthesia to the doctor, the nurse, the meds..omg..i nearly passed out when i saw the total before insurance..

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

I know i've been MIA for a while, stress, busy life etc all got in the way. Caihla in the last month has hit a few milestones. Shes 10 months old now..WOW...a year in October..Damn..where DID this last year go?!!?? She has just figured out how to crawl forwards rather than backwards, she sleeps on her tummy often, she got her two bottom teeth, and is now getting the top two ( OMG teething how i hate you for screwing up our sleep schedule!), she refuses to be put in her pack n play now and wants to just be running around anywhere.

Breastfeeding went non existent, so i've been pumping for 2 months or so now, which is hard since my supply dropped to almost non existant and i had to supplement with formula since stress was making it worse and baby refuses to nurse anymore. Damn that ####### is $$$. We were sleeping very good for naps and at night with one maybe 2 wake ups, but NOOO teeth happened and i have no idea what day it is again lol. Her Gerd is pretty much gone, she LOVES big people food now, sometimes would rather eat that then milk :( She is still a small baby, although she is still gaining weight. She started to fake cry this week LMAO, she squints her eyes shut and pretends crying then looks at out out of a corner and smiles.

Money, this has been a real stressed as she gets older now. We had to apply for a home equity loan to pay of the medical bills and credit cards and the balance on our car. It was all becoming too much a month on one income, and i do not feel comfortable going back to work until Caihla is older. Good news is this frees up about 400$ a month or so, and makes life easier to deal with and David can go back to school for his degree, since his work REFUSES to give him raises unless he has one..total BS imo... It also gives me the money to apply for naturalization which was put off since i was preggo and Caihla was due last October which is when i could have originally filed.

A few other things are going on one with my family back home that i haven't talked to since the day i left Canada. Not going to say much other than i've decided to ignore the situation and not deal with my family. It's never been a good relationship and i was more than happy to move marry and disown them, and do NOT want my daughter knowing the bad influence they are etc etc.

Other than that, things are ok, although I need to talk to my doc about some medication, since therapy didn't do jack squat for my mood, temper etc. and AF only makes me go 300% insane every month.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Time sure does fly. Glad Caihla is feeling better, gerd is truly horrible. Sorry about teething, I've never tried them but I know some moms who swear by Amber bead necklace for teething pain.

Pumping is hard so I give you :thumbs::thumbs: If you want to get back to nursing it's not too late, at this age they go through a nursing strike some moms do think it's baby wanting to wean. You probably already know that, but do what ever feels right for you.

So sorry about all the stress, big internet hugs :content:

Family can suck :girlwerewolf2xn:

If therapy hasn't help get meds it can make a world of a difference.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

she looks so adorable. Can't believe its been almost a year for both of us. Caihla is 10 months old. Wow how time flies!

and for the first time..i got more than 5 hours of sleep last night!! She finally figured out sleeping and is on her stomach quite a lot. She went to bed at 7:30, woke up around 10pm gave her her binky, went back to sleep til 1am, i fed her, and she slept til 7am! Can you say Hallelujah??!! LOL first time i've slept that long since she was born :)

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

So i just checked the site and they CHANGED the forms...and info..and yes..they do not have a link to " authorized people who can notarize" ...I just printed my papers a few months ago..now they go and change it all.argh. price went down..75$ from 100$ though. i'll just use the one at my bank i guess since now we have the money to send it off.

Oh Sweetie! Im so sorry for your loss :( I'm glad you decided on a name anyway, it only seems right to do that. Hugs.

You're right (not that I doubted you). I just checked the forms on the website and the application is different than the one I sent in. You'd THINK they'd have some sort of grace period where they processed both applications right? Or something? Anyway I guess it's back to square one and getting the new forms. I finally am dealing with what I've been putting off for awhile. I know it's not something that needs to be done now, but I wanted to get it done!

Grumble, grumble.

I'll keep you posted if I ever get the certificate :P

Lily is finally crawling at 10 months old.. she'll be 11 months next week. Crazy! Our sleeping is under some serious stress, as in she still wakes up 2-4 times a night. I got one of those amber teething necklaces out of desperation but so far it doesn't seem to do anything. It looks pretty though so I figured it's not a total loss, haha. She just cut tooth #7 and I'm sure tooth #8 is on the way. I feel like she is on the verge of words... she can say Mama and Dada but beyond that nothing. But today I pointed to her favourite book, said 'Get your book ! Get your book!' and she crawled towards it saying "ba ba ba" - ok so not book BUT she knew what I was talking about! And whenever we eat we do a short prayer and I practice saying 'Amen' (I pronounce it "Aaaah-Men") and we say "Aaahhhh" for brushing teeth and the past few days she repeats "Aaaah" after me about half the time. So close! I'm so excited!

First birthday party plans are coming up. We're going for a pumpkin theme but it's just our family coming with maybe one other couple and their son since we don't know many people here and I don't want a huge party anyway. I'm on the hunt for cheap ideas since we have had a few big costs recently (our back fence was falling down and is currently lying in piles on the ground waiting to be repaired!).

We're coming up to my original one year goal of nursing and it is becoming rapidly apparent to me that we're not going to stop at one year if Lily has anything to say about it hehe. Well, plans change right? Gotta do what's best for baby and ourselves.

she looks so adorable. Can't believe its been almost a year for both of us. Caihla is 10 months old. Wow how time flies!

and for the first time..i got more than 5 hours of sleep last night!! She finally figured out sleeping and is on her stomach quite a lot. She went to bed at 7:30, woke up around 10pm gave her her binky, went back to sleep til 1am, i fed her, and she slept til 7am! Can you say Hallelujah??!! LOL first time i've slept that long since she was born :)

Oh Kimbear I hear you on the 5 hours of sleep being amazing. Hallelujah lol. Man, flashback to a year ago and 5 hours was an exhausting night. Now it's like... ohhh... sleeping in till 7! WOOT!

Emily was 11 months on the 23rd. i can't believe she is going to a year in less than a month..

Love the picture Marilyn! Did you take that? I love outdoor pictures - the lighting always looks amazing.

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

went for our 2mos check up... little guy is 16lbs and 25.5`inches long!

Growing and healthy!! How are you doing???

We went for our Nexus interviews this past weekend. Lily had her own interview - sort of. We all went up to the counter as a family and when her turn came we just answered questions for her. All she did was scream the entire time... yup.... sorry to anyone else who was there. She was SO ready for a nap. It was their own fault they made us wait half an hour! She couldn't even crawl around the waiting room because it was too small and full of people/traffic. So glad that's over with.

Just waiting for the passes to arrive in the mail any day now! Woo hoo!

Oh forgot to mention, we got to cross the border FOUR times in a period of two days.. yay... we crossed Friday to get to my parents, Saturday morning to get to the Nexus office just over the border, then back on Saturday morning to spend the day with my family, then on Saturday night to head back home. Yippee... too bad we didn't have the Nexus already!

VeeNDee

Timeline

So I went and printed out what I thought was the new citizenship form for applying for minors:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/citizen/CIT0003E.pdf

It is asking me some weird questions. Such as: "When did the child become a permanent resident of Canada?"

Ummmmmmmmm she hasn't?

The attached instructions for accompanying documents require the same things as before except now they want: "Photocopy of your child's permanent residence card" - Ummmm she doesn't have one?!?!?

Is this the right form? And if not, where on earth am I supposed to find it?

I hate paperwork. I suppose it doesn't matter what government it is, they will all make it overly complicated.

Help?

VeeNDee

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Growing and healthy!! How are you doing???

We went for our Nexus interviews this past weekend. Lily had her own interview - sort of. We all went up to the counter as a family and when her turn came we just answered questions for her. All she did was scream the entire time... yup.... sorry to anyone else who was there. She was SO ready for a nap. It was their own fault they made us wait half an hour! She couldn't even crawl around the waiting room because it was too small and full of people/traffic. So glad that's over with.

Just waiting for the passes to arrive in the mail any day now! Woo hoo!

Oh forgot to mention, we got to cross the border FOUR times in a period of two days.. yay... we crossed Friday to get to my parents, Saturday morning to get to the Nexus office just over the border, then back on Saturday morning to spend the day with my family, then on Saturday night to head back home. Yippee... too bad we didn't have the Nexus already!

I`m doing good... Still trying to get organzied on this site of the world. I tried to go for my permit Thursday; Which, now I am convienced that I won`t get it, even more stress. It`s really annoying asking the in-laws to get around; I really hate it, I`m not a kid any more, you know? I should`ve renewed my liecnes back home before coming over here, didn`t think it would be this complicated.

I really gotta get moving on filing for my greencard now. I FIINALLY got my MAT LEAVE, after, almot four months.

Otherwise everything is good, little guy is growing so fast :( He`s already trying to push himself up to sit, it`s so cute! His cheeks are sssooooo chubby, I love them! I felt so bad when he went for his two month vaccinations - poor guy :(

I`m really nervous to start the next process of this journey. I really don`t want to go through interviews and what not, they`re always scary! But, time to put on the big girl pants and start filling them out so, once we get the funds together I can mail it all on!

Timeline

Sorry VeeNDee, my pc broke or i would have replied sooner!

Not the right form..if you look further down you will see this:

Do not use this form to prove a child born outside Canada to a Canadian parent is a Canadian citizen. If your child was born outside Canada and is a Canadian citizen, apply for proof of citizenship (adults and minors).

Here is the right link for the application : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/citizen/CIT0001E.pdf

Notice the name difference, it is CIT 0001E, the one you have is 3E.

Don't worry, they confused the hell out of me so bad i did the citizenship questionnaire for Caihla LOL.

So I went and printed out what I thought was the new citizenship form for applying for minors:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/citizen/CIT0003E.pdf

It is asking me some weird questions. Such as: "When did the child become a permanent resident of Canada?"

Ummmmmmmmm she hasn't?

The attached instructions for accompanying documents require the same things as before except now they want: "Photocopy of your child's permanent residence card" - Ummmm she doesn't have one?!?!?

Is this the right form? And if not, where on earth am I supposed to find it?

I hate paperwork. I suppose it doesn't matter what government it is, they will all make it overly complicated.

Help?

Good Grief! My kid is almost 11 months and she only weights 16lbs!!! lol, however she is like 28 inches long now.

That is one healthy big baby. :)

went for our 2mos check up... little guy is 16lbs and 25.5`inches long!

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Caihla finally figured out how to crawl forward and not backwards now. She is zooming around all over, and she stands up any chance she gets..then realizes she can't sit down or figure it out anyway and screams and cries for me to put her back down only to stand up again! She stands up in the crib middle of the night crying, during the day in pack n play, or the play yard we got. She hates being held hates sitting, and ONLY wants to be zooming around the house.

She is teething again! i cant say how much I HATE TEETHING! Sleeping in the crib during this has gone out the window. We fall asleep downstairs in the recliner and end up at 3 am in my bed with her snuggled between me and David. I succumed to this cuz i was just so drained and tired of her crying and screaming. :( I dont want it to become a habit but we do get more sleep this way now.

I'm scared of her turning a year old. I have no idea how to get her more on solids, i have a feeling she is going to lose weight once she's off mama's milk. But with low supply and pumping its been a rough road. I'm just glad i was able to give her this many months of breast milk, even if the last 2 were mixed with some formula at night cuz my boobs said "screw this #######" :(.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Lmao.. I think he's afraid of going into a catabolic state.. he's a big boy, I don't know if gets that from my side or dad's. But, i'm pretty thick and his dad too, must be the german genetic lol.. a little chunky monkey, I should post a picture.. and all he does is farts!!! And man are they starting to stink!

Timeline

Sorry VeeNDee, my pc broke or i would have replied sooner!

Not the right form..if you look further down you will see this:

Do not use this form to prove a child born outside Canada to a Canadian parent is a Canadian citizen. If your child was born outside Canada and is a Canadian citizen, apply for proof of citizenship (adults and minors).

Here is the right link for the application : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/citizen/CIT0001E.pdf

Notice the name difference, it is CIT 0001E, the one you have is 3E.

Don't worry, they confused the hell out of me so bad i did the citizenship questionnaire for Caihla LOL.

Thanks for the link! Did you end up filing for Caihla and getting your application accepted?

We got Lily's Nexus card today. It makes her look like a gangster haha. With a BABY! Talk about a mug shot. I'm definitely going to save that picture for her baby book in the future haha. Hers turned out worst of all 3 of us.

VeeNDee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.