Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh being dual opens up so much for them. I bet your husband wouldn't think that way if he was born in Canada.

What she said- your child will be dual on birth. It is kind of insulting that he doesn't want his child to be Canadian. Too bad, they are going to be! Just like their momma! I'm so excited that our daughter is dual- it opens up so many more opportunities for her. She can live, study and work in either country without having to deal with immigration at any point!

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

Well, the babies have woken up. At least I had 1.5 hours of silence after their first morning feeding. I was hoping for 3 hours so I could do some work, but I had to catch up on some other things and read what was going on with you ladies.

Oy it sounds tiring just hearing about your two boys. I can't imagine double the work with twins! I'm impressed at the fact that you are still nursing them. That's pretty remarkable. From my understanding few people make it very long.

Hey everyone!

New to all this! A little background:

I'm 33 weeks pregnant, first baby, it's a BOY!!! Thank god! The day we were told we're having a boy, I was super happy!!!

Before I got pregnant I was a solid 155lbs, I was body building. Had some pretty amazing lifts. Stronger then some guys out there! (My husband is into (or should I say my future husband) bodybuilding as well; main reason how we met.) My last weigh in I was 185lbs which really depresses me because, I can see I've lost all my gains that I've worked years into getting but, I have to keep remembering it's for the baby!

Congrats on your pregnancy GermanCanadian89! So exciting that you're having a boy. Rumour has it this year's clothing theme for boys is nautical. Anything to do with sailing, boats and sea creatures. Seems pretty cute although one person told me that seems to be the only thing available so I guess there's drawbacks! I'm sure once the baby is born and you've gone through your postpartum recovery period you'll get back to your prepregnancy body. Gaining that weight is good for the baby - I know for a while they were concerned because I was losing weight due to my nasty morning sickness. (And baby did have some growth issues but that was due to another cause they think). So think of all the good you're doing for the baby's growth :)

My older 2 boys have their naturalization interview on the 29th. Hoping they pass the test.

Best wishes to your 2 older boys! Do they study for it much?

Lily's sleeping has gotten better finally. She is almost 7 months..and two weeks ago approximately I was at the end of my rope and couldn't get her to sleep longer than 2 hours and it took forever to get her to sleep with lots of crying. Nothing would work. So we bit the proverbial bullet and did sleep training. I hadn't wanted to, but it was make or break for my sanity and energy and I'm glad we waited till she was at least 6 months old. Now she goes to sleep without any crying 75% of the time from being wide awake, and wakes up only once or twice in the night to nurse and goes back to sleep. Her naps on the other hand have gone downhill so I guess that's the next task... but I'm finally getting some decent night sleep! Makes me feel human again :)

VeeNDee

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

GermanCanadian, welcome to the great excitement of being a mommy to be! I have found breastfeeding to be a great "get your body back" device. I have lost 30 pounds so far. Just remember it takes 9 months to gain the weight so expect at least that long to lose it healthfully and still be able to breastfeed if that is your plan. Boys are great! My twins are 4.5 months old!

Ontarkie, my DH is in the middle of his naturalization process. He applied in March and we still don't have an interview date. His parents 50 th wedding anniversary is end of June but his Canadian passport expires on June 1. We should have applied for US citizenship earlier but when we wanted to in Oct 2013 the government was on shutdown, then the babies came, DH is not the paperwork filler outer kind of person, so finally I pushed him to get it done last week. Ugh waiting. So looking forward to him having dual citizenship! No more dealing with the department of homeland insecurity.

VeeNDee, I guess I am in a community where the expectation is breastfeed or pump for at least a year. I have felt very supported to keep going even though I feel trapped sometimes and don't get much done around the house. Today I finally folded an overflowing crib full of clothes because my littlest son took a nap unexpectedly!

Timeline

Lilac, your boys are almost at the point where you will be getting much more freedom with breastfeeding. Keep up the good work!

I see why your husband needs to get his passport renewed, sucks because it will probably be pretty close.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm definitely breast feeding! The extra hormone that's produced in there, hGH, is what helps us lose the weight quicker. I'm even debating on drinking some of it too to help with losing the added body fat i've gained. In the bodybuilding world, it's not unheard of for men to drink breast milk so, why not give it a chance. I keep trying to talk the hubby into it too, i'm sure he'll get on board! My little guy has the hiccups right now, and I think it's the funniest thing to feel! Few more weeks to go! I can't wait to meet him, I already feel he's going to be stubborn since both mommy and daddy are! lilacvioletiris, are you working out? When did the doctor give you the okay to go back to the gym? I'll be itching to get back in the weight room right away, but i'll have to allow recovery time before I start up again.

Edited by GermanCanadian89

Timeline

Usually at 6 weeks postpartum is when you get the okay to start working out. I'm sure you know this already, but make sure to drink extra if you are breastfeeding or you may see a dip in your supply- I did when I forgot to drink enough after a 2 hour walk, and it was just a walk (although a lot for me!).

Honestly, after our daughter was born I was too exhausted to even think about working out. Heck, even the dishes and laundry weren't getting done. If I had a choice, I would sleep instead of those. Mind you, she had colic and was super high needs and not all babies are like that.

If you work out, kudos to you. You might start feeling better about yourself. As for me, it took until about 4 months postpartum until I started getting some exercise and right now it's just going for long walks with the stroller. Hard to leave her behind since I'm nursing and we don't use daycare. But there is a company of groups here called Stroller Strides where they workout together. Maybe your local area has that- or perhaps the gym would have daycare for you?

VeeNDee

Timeline

Usually at 6 weeks postpartum is when you get the okay to start working out. I'm sure you know this already, but make sure to drink extra if you are breastfeeding or you may see a dip in your supply- I did when I forgot to drink enough after a 2 hour walk, and it was just a walk (although a lot for me!).

Honestly, after our daughter was born I was too exhausted to even think about working out. Heck, even the dishes and laundry weren't getting done. If I had a choice, I would sleep instead of those. Mind you, she had colic and was super high needs and not all babies are like that.

If you work out, kudos to you. You might start feeling better about yourself. As for me, it took until about 4 months postpartum until I started getting some exercise and right now it's just going for long walks with the stroller. Hard to leave her behind since I'm nursing and we don't use daycare. But there is a company of groups here called Stroller Strides where they workout together. Maybe your local area has that- or perhaps the gym would have daycare for you?

Thanks for the water tip!!! I know I easily drink well over a gallon of water a day, i'm paranoid about dehydration.. don't ask lol

With both my husband and I into bodybuilding/power lifting, we'll have to look into a gym with child care. We live in a very small area so, it might not be as common as it is in bigger cities. My gym here in canada had child care for a few hours during the day and that was an aditional cost, I just don't remember how much so, hopefully we find something around us. If not... What are grandma's for? ;) We also have a dog so, I'll have no choice but to walk the little sucker a few times a day :)

I think it will be a little difficult just estabishing a really good routine at the beginning but, once you get that down, you're good to go!

Timeline

I'm definitely breast feeding! The extra hormone that's produced in there, hGH, is what helps us lose the weight quicker. I'm even debating on drinking some of it too to help with losing the added body fat i've gained. In the bodybuilding world, it's not unheard of for men to drink breast milk so, why not give it a chance. I keep trying to talk the hubby into it too, i'm sure he'll get on board! My little guy has the hiccups right now, and I think it's the funniest thing to feel! Few more weeks to go! I can't wait to meet him, I already feel he's going to be stubborn since both mommy and daddy are! lilacvioletiris, are you working out? When did the doctor give you the okay to go back to the gym? I'll be itching to get back in the weight room right away, but i'll have to allow recovery time before I start up again.

My babies are 20 weeks old now and I have just started being more meaningful in walking and want to get back to swimming. I had a c section and it was probably 10 weeks post partum before I felt comfortable moving a lot. I had the okay from my doctor at my 6 week appointment, but even now some of the muscles in my abdomen hurt if I walk too much or lift too much too often even groceries and laundry. So annoying. Not what I expected after giving birth.

Internal hiccups are the weirdest feeling. I enjoyed it though.

Ontarkie, yeah it is supper annoying about the passport renewal. Just too many things happening at once. We could have waited to do the naturalization but we had the money set aside since last September and we knew if we didn't do it now, the money would be spent on something else soon enough with our boys. I will just be glad to have the process overwith. Still no scheduled appointment for his interview. Last touch on our case was April 8. Ninety days is a long time to wait but I am sure something will happen before than.

VeeNDee, I haven't used its services yet, but I am glad my YMCA has free child care. Need to get back to swimming there.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Emily was 8 months on Friday. Time is going by too fast. MY SIL and brother bought me a plane ticket to fly to Canada. Emily and I were there over Easter for about 18 days. It was nice but too long of a time to be away from my husband.. He missed us like crazy too.

My sister took a lot of cute pics of her...

10168042_10152413373767359_3059211118726

1972350_10152378476187359_66719348898695

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Marilyn, Emily is sure a cutie! Love the pictures.

The excitement for us is that Edward has teeth. First one came through on Monday. Second one came through yesterday. Both on the bottom. Now this momma has to watch out when he eats. So far I haven't had any "nibbling" that feels any different.

Timeline

Beautiful girl Marilyn

Lilac I hope the nibbling will only be that chomping is not fun.

Lucas is 3 months old, time is flying by

e079f04e-6653-4807-bad7-c77d2440253b_zps

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Ahh, cute little guy.

My boys went to the doctor yesterday - William was 15 pounds 11 oz and Edward was 15 pounds 8 oz. Doctor was surprised that their weights were still so close. I feed them about the same amount so it makes sense to me. They haven't been as bothered by this second set of shots which I am thankful for. Still waiting for DH's interview to be scheduled. detroit is slow it seems for naturalization.

Timeline

Cute babies!

2 more weeks until I pop mine out. I wish he would just come out like, NOW!

I hate coming home after walking the dog and having to lay down because my calves and feet are swollen. I can't get comfortable in bed either and I can't take the back pain much longer either!

I had my baby shower yesterday as well, that was lots fun! My mother in law took care of everything (I don't know what I would do without her, she's such a helping hand). It's wonderful how family comes together and helps out! Her sisters, who I have never met, brought boxes of baby things, made me cry. Husband brought me some beautiful pink roses at the end as well. It was a wonderful day over all. It's funny looking at all the baby cothes and thinking, is this even going to fit him right away; Hopefully! I feel like our JR will be a small little guy but who knows? I don't know how there could be a 6-7lb baby in here lol

Timeline

It is intense toward the end of pregnancy. I went to the chiropractor once at the end and it made my back and legs feel so much better. It will be amazing to see your little one fill out his clothes. Today I sorted through a bunch of stuff people just gave me - 8 boxes overflowing so much that I will need 8 more boxes to contain it all. I feel like the woman in the Bible who kept fill jars with oil from her "start" jar until every vessel was full. I am ready to share the wealth of tiny clothes my babies don't fit in anymore.

Timeline

Hey.

We found out a few weeks ago that I was pregnant. I'm at 8 weeks now. We haven't told anyone but the grand-parents yet since it's still so early. I have to say that I am both terrified to lose it (I have PCOS and apparently my chances to miscarry are higher) and terrified to give birth at the same time XD.

K1 Journey AOS Journey

I-129f sent - 2013/02/27 I-485 sent - 2013/12/17

NOA1 - 2013/03/05 NOA- 2013/12/24

NOA2 -2013/07/09 (126 days (4 months and 4 days) from NoA1) Biometrics- 2014/01/22 at Metairie, LA

Packet 3 mailed - 2013/08/02 NOA - Approved!!! 2014/08/28

Packet 4 received - 2013/08/12

Interview scheduled -2013/09/11

POE - 2013/09/20 (By car at Highgate/Vermont)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.