Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Glad you passed your Gtt ontarkie! Good luck with the

Iron pills.

Went to follow up with ped. Edward my smaller son was passed hisbirth weight. william my larger son was 3 oz below his.

Have t go back on next week for a recheck but I can't drive yet nor pick up both babies in their carseats. Surgery scar is healing well but I definitely don't want to push it and take longer to heal.

Trust me, you really do want to take it easy as much as you can. I didn't realize i should have until 8 weeks and started doing stuff i should not have earlier and i was wondering why my stomach still occasionally felt sore. got in trouble at my PPD appointment when she said to me and hubby that i was NOT supposed to do anythign til min 8 weeks passed..OOPS lol.

its only this week that i finally have no more pain around my scar. the only pita is that i have ingrown hairs where they shaved and its annoying the heck out of me :(

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

So Caihla had her 2 month well check up today. She gained a lb and 2 inches YAY! she is 10lbs 10 oz, and he said she is doing amazing. i nearly cried when she got her shots! those needles are almost as long as her leg is wide! and she got one in each leg and bled a lot :( my poor baby girl. They let me nurse her afterwards to help calm her down a bit which was nice. They also told me that she most likely WILL get a fever from the dtap shot and told me how much tylenol to give her.

She has been sleeping longer hours at night finally anywhere from 4-6 depending on if she feels like it or not and he said i dont have to wake her up for feedings anymore and can start her on a schedule for that and daytime naps now. She loves to smile so much its crazy cute! she is so alert now and almost holding up her head on her own and she can squeeze my fingers harder and hold onto them but is not quite ready to start holding rattles etc yet.

Her hair is no longer almost black like mine but lighter brown like her dads, and her eyes are not violet anymore they are more blue like mine. She is just so freakign adorable, and so much happier lately.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, the ob said I could drive now but I still can't pick up both babies in their carseats so I won't be going anywhere alone yet.

Sometimes

The way I sit feeding babies causes me some pain from stretching and pulling and moving around to position wiggly babies. Each day gets better.

Kimbear, I hope Caihla gets better from her shots quickly. It makes me wonder whether I should vaccinate on different days so I don't have 2 cranky babies at the same time.

Timeline

Well I am staying in where it is warm. Terrible wind chills expected today down to -20 or -30.

Same here its -40 with the windchill in Chicago.,

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

My brother and husband spent a couple hours outside movin, snow so they can get out for work tomorrow. Both got called off today.

Timeline

stay safe and warm! It's not that cold here but hard to forget temperatures like that.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Rescheduled my baby's weight recheck. no way am I going out in -8 degree F air temp that feels like -32 degrees because of the wind.

Home is a good place to be!

Timeline

I don't blame ya Lilac that is some cold weather you all are getting hit with. I grew up in Sault Ste. Marie Ontario all too familiar with that bone chilling cold.

was it both boys getting checked or just the one that lost a bit? How are his feeding going, he was the one that liked to go 3 hours between feedings right?

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

Yeah, ontarkie, my bigger boy lost more and didn't regain as fast. He would rather sleep than eat. I have been making sure I put him to breast rather than use a pacifer, too. Appt is tonight so we will see how he gains.

Timeline

Good luck hopefully hes gained enough and you can stop with he weight checks. Pacifiers at this age are pretty tricky, I just tended to avoid them, but I never had twins. I bet you being the pacifier would be a bit harder.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

Well William's weight was up to 8 lbs 2 oz so now we just wait for their one month check up. Yeah, me being the pacifer has made my nipples pretty sore but not unbearable.

Timeline

So Caihla had her 2 month well check up today. She gained a lb and 2 inches YAY! she is 10lbs 10 oz, and he said she is doing amazing. i nearly cried when she got her shots! those needles are almost as long as her leg is wide! and she got one in each leg and bled a lot sad.png my poor baby girl. They let me nurse her afterwards to help calm her down a bit which was nice. They also told me that she most likely WILL get a fever from the dtap shot and told me how much tylenol to give her.

She has been sleeping longer hours at night finally anywhere from 4-6 depending on if she feels like it or not and he said i dont have to wake her up for feedings anymore and can start her on a schedule for that and daytime naps now. She loves to smile so much its crazy cute! she is so alert now and almost holding up her head on her own and she can squeeze my fingers harder and hold onto them but is not quite ready to start holding rattles etc yet.

Her hair is no longer almost black like mine but lighter brown like her dads, and her eyes are not violet anymore they are more blue like mine. She is just so freakign adorable, and so much happier lately.

Isn't it crazy how their hair and eyes keep changing colour? I am so curious where Lily is going to end up. Her eyes went from a dark brownish colour to blue and they keep getting lighter. Like my eyes. Her hair on the other hand seems to be going from blonde to reddish brown. Just like her daddy!

Don't the smiles just warm your heart and make everything so worth it??? She may be screaming for hours but when she gives me a smile I just snuggle her and she just busts out in silent laughter. She gets so happy her whole body flails around when she smiles haha. Diaper changes are her favourite time of day for some weird reason. It sure wasn't like that when she was born. But now if she's upset, it's almost guaranteed to bring her to smiles if I put her on the changing table hehe.

Lily was sleeping longer last month, anywhere from 5 to 6 hours then another 2 or 3. Unfortunately the past two weeks she has regressed and the last few days in particular have been rough. The most I get is 3 hours in a row and then she is up every hour after that. Every hour, all night long. Aghhhh. Also she won't sleep anywhere during the day except on me or my husband. The minute we put her down her eyes fly open, like, where you going!?! You're not going to leeeaaaveee me here are you?? We'll figure it out eventually. As I keep saying to my DH, this too shall pass.

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

Oh yeah, today is her 3 month birthday. She likes to hold her head up now. When we try to lay her against us she insists on holding it up and facing out to look around. She likes to stare at her feet. Like, woooahhh where did these things come from. They're MOVING! It's so funny to watch. She hasn't rolled over yet. Then again she is rarely in a position to roll over since she is usually being held at this point or rarely in a swing when she consents to sit there for 10 minutes haha. She also doesn't reach for anything yet. We keep trying though and I'm sure she'll get there eventually. Her eyesight is really good and she can see me coming across the room :)

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

its crazy how fast they are changing eh? the laughter and smiles just makes the day so much better no matter how many times she cries otherwise. we got some great pics of her laughing and framed them for grandma as an xmas present.

two days in a row now she slept from 11am to 5am, then was up for about 1.5 hours and back asleep for another 2-3 hour nap. this lasts until about lunch then after that her naps are few and far between. Until 4 she is a happy camper then she gets colicky. she loves sitting up and watching tv with me. she does grab a bit but its more like give me that bottle or she will push it away, she is pretty good at ripping her pacifier out and throwing it now lol. i still can't get her to lie flat in the pack n play or crib, swaddled it lasts about 5 mins then she freaks out. she loves falling asleep on the nursing pillow or dad, everything else is a fight. She hates being put to nap, she fights sleep sooo hard.

She has this bald spot on the back of her head now, i'm thinking she is going to lose her hair :(

HWDWm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.