Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Kimbear I'm so sorry to hear about what you are going through with Caihla right now. It must be so hard to be away from her... Hugs to you and your family. I hope you recover quickly and start feeling better soon and that they find something that helps Caihla so you two can spend all your time together soon.

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Kimbear, congrats on your little girl! I hope you have gotten some good rest and that your little girl is doing better in the nicu so she can come home soon.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Kimbear, hope baby Caihla is doing better! Stay strong mama!

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Timeline

we found out today that Emily now weighs about 10lbs ohmy.png .. She has almost doubled in size in about 5 weeks. She has also grown about 3 inches,,

Holy moly she is growing fast!! :)

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Caihla comes home tomorrow!!!!!! her irregular heartbeats are gone and now if she gets upset it rarely goes past 180bpm and comes right down again. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will still have to see a cardiologist occasionally for the next while, and they are giving me the instruments to check her bp and heart beat etc at home. But she seems all better now. it has been a rough exhausting week, especially with the nicu shoving formula down her throat to keep her quiet and calm, which i'm still trying to get her unused to.

They bloody got her nipple confused, with formula and pacifiers etc, and now she has a hell of a fussy time latching on. I have to pump breast milk, feed her an oz or two and then try the breast. she is very demanding and is used to getting fast food for free so she freaks out on the slow ####### that is not instant gratification. so we've been working hard last two days trying to unbottle train her.

funny thing they kept telling me "shes a spitter" well no wonder ya jerks are shoving so much formula down her throat when her stomach is the size of a walnut! So she was constantly puking up and coughing up. Now she rarely spits up at all and no more nasty smelling formula. at worst she was getting some at like 3 am when my pumped bottles were used up. I'll tell you, buying a Mendela breast pump that was on sale at babies r us was a godsend. BEST THING EVER! the two phase pumping works wonders and is 10 times better than the ancient massive piece of machinery the hospital had me use in my room. 225$ spent very well. Too bad my insurance sucks..stupid grandfathered plan..grrr.

I am finally feeling more confident with her and not like i'm holding a porcelain doll. cuddling with her doing tummy time on my stomach on the reciner makes us both fall asleep lol. I can't get over how freakign adorable and cute she is all the little noises she makes, smiles, etc. Its just AMAZING.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Caihla comes home tomorrow!!!!!! her irregular heartbeats are gone and now if she gets upset it rarely goes past 180bpm and comes right down again. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will still have to see a cardiologist occasionally for the next while, and they are giving me the instruments to check her bp and heart beat etc at home. But she seems all better now. it has been a rough exhausting week, especially with the nicu shoving formula down her throat to keep her quiet and calm, which i'm still trying to get her unused to.

They bloody got her nipple confused, with formula and pacifiers etc, and now she has a hell of a fussy time latching on. I have to pump breast milk, feed her an oz or two and then try the breast. she is very demanding and is used to getting fast food for free so she freaks out on the slow ####### that is not instant gratification. so we've been working hard last two days trying to unbottle train her.

funny thing they kept telling me "shes a spitter" well no wonder ya jerks are shoving so much formula down her throat when her stomach is the size of a walnut! So she was constantly puking up and coughing up. Now she rarely spits up at all and no more nasty smelling formula. at worst she was getting some at like 3 am when my pumped bottles were used up. I'll tell you, buying a Mendela breast pump that was on sale at babies r us was a godsend. BEST THING EVER! the two phase pumping works wonders and is 10 times better than the ancient massive piece of machinery the hospital had me use in my room. 225$ spent very well. Too bad my insurance sucks..stupid grandfathered plan..grrr.

I am finally feeling more confident with her and not like i'm holding a porcelain doll. cuddling with her doing tummy time on my stomach on the reciner makes us both fall asleep lol. I can't get over how freakign adorable and cute she is all the little noises she makes, smiles, etc. Its just AMAZING.

yay great news,

Get yourself a lactation consultant asap. 2 oz is a lot and sounds like you are going to end up giving yourself an over supply. Feed her before she starts getting hungry so she can latch on with out getting frustrated. A Lactation consultant can get you set up with a sms(thin tube taped to your nip) and that way she can get on and get some of your pumped milk right off the bat. Then wean her off that, can be a bit easier. if you get a LC get her to look for tongue tie many doctors can't be bothered to look for them and feel they aren't a big deal when they really are.

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

we found out today that Emily now weighs about 10lbs ohmy.png .. She has almost doubled in size in about 5 weeks. She has also grown about 3 inches,,

How time flies, she's growing so fast.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

yay great news,

Get yourself a lactation consultant asap. 2 oz is a lot and sounds like you are going to end up giving yourself an over supply. Feed her before she starts getting hungry so she can latch on with out getting frustrated. A Lactation consultant can get you set up with a sms(thin tube taped to your nip) and that way she can get on and get some of your pumped milk right off the bat. Then wean her off that, can be a bit easier. if you get a LC get her to look for tongue tie many doctors can't be bothered to look for them and feel they aren't a big deal when they really are.

we actually talked to a few lactation consultants this week, and found out they have free support meetings every monday which i'll be going to now. they were really helpful and explained that even though my boobs looked fine, i actually have flat nipples. So we tried a few diff things like using a syringe to put a small amount of BM in her as i'm putting my nipple in to help her latch on. its a work in progress but well get there. right now shes eating about 70-110ml of BM a feeding every 3 hours.

we also tried nipple shields but Caiha 100% hates those and i dont blame her lol.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

we actually talked to a few lactation consultants this week, and found out they have free support meetings every monday which i'll be going to now. they were really helpful and explained that even though my boobs looked fine, i actually have flat nipples. So we tried a few diff things like using a syringe to put a small amount of BM in her as i'm putting my nipple in to help her latch on. its a work in progress but well get there. right now shes eating about 70-110ml of BM a feeding every 3 hours.

we also tried nipple shields but Caiha 100% hates those and i dont blame her lol.

Sounds like you are on the right path. I never had any of my kids eat every three hours at that age that is pretty cool.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Kimbear that is such great news! I actually got choked up reading it aloud to my husband. I'm just so emotional these days about babies!! What a relief for you.

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Marilyn, glad your little girl is growing so fast! I figure since she started so little it is easier to double her weight, eh?

Kimbear, so glad to hear that Caihla's heart issues seem to be resolved. Continue persevering with breast feeding - sounds like you have good support which is awesome . I am glad you have her home to keep her in a calm environment without "force feeding". Hopefully she gets used to the "slow #######" after having fast flowing bottle nipples - I think I would choke too if I had too much food coming in too quickly.

AFM, 33 weeks, going to see the doctor today. I have had a couple nights this week where I didn't sleep well at all - between back ache, braxton hicks rock hard belly, and hunger pangs. It just reminds me that soon, very soon, these two little boys are going to come into the world and I need to get ready. I got my maternity photos back the other day. They turned out so cute. I guess I need to figure out how to attach a photo. Hum. It has been awhile.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.