Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Jeggings are one of the reasons I wanted to have a girl. I feel so superficial for saying that!! But yeah, I was an only child and I wanted to be an inspiration to my daughter like my mom (single mom) was to me. I am tickled to be having a boy though!

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Kimbear, those jammies are so cute! Glad your husband's coworkers through him such a fun shower.

Marilyn, the pictures with Emily and your DH are so cute.

Minya, I am due with twin boys Dec. 19. I hope they come of their own accord and have good weights like yours. I have been eating right and exercising and resting whenever I can. Thankfully I haven't been put on bedrest.

Kimbear, those jammies are so cute! Glad your husband's coworkers through him such a fun shower.

Marilyn, the pictures with Emily and your DH are so cute.

Minya, I am due with twin boys Dec. 19. I hope they come of their own accord and have good weights like yours. I have been eating right and exercising and resting whenever I can. Thankfully I haven't been put on bedrest.

Lilac, congratulations...hope you have an easy rest of pregnancy and a smooth delivery. :) Glad you're doing what you can to stay active and healthy throughout your pregnancy. I tried to do as well, before the bedrest...and while I was confined to horizontality (and literally, I was only allowed up to pee) I did gain more than while I was 'active', I didn't do too bad...only

It is my understanding that bed rest due to incompetent cervix issues are discovered when the monitoring begins to increase due to special circumstance of having a twin pregnancy. Mine was discovered at the time I began ultrasounds every two weeks. Up to that point I was only having them once a month. It was a relief that I was orderd to rest, as I wouldn't have done it on my own, andt by about 30 weeks or so I was the size of a freight train and so thankful that I didn't have to change out of my pj's if I didn't feel like it. :)

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I wanted to be able to put bows etc in my daughter's hair but she recently decided she hates having anything on her head. The bow on her head in the picture only lasted a short time..lol She hates wearing those baby hats too. She will cry until you take it off.. :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Welp had my dr appointment today. I haven't dilated a single smidge since a week ago. They said 90% positive i'm going to be induced. t-12 days til due date. Have 2 appointments next week so i'll prolly find out the details then.

Got a HUGE box of clothes from a great aunt i have not met. i can't believe how much clothes we have now LOL. Its at the point i'm running out of dresser space hehe.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Marilyn, that is too funny, it seems there are so many cute things for little girls to put on their heads, but they hate them! My sister just puts it on her daughter anyway and finally she seems to put up with them now.

Kimbear, you are getting so close, that is very exciting! Glad you are getting clothes for your little girl from far flung relatives. That is sweet.

Saw the dietician and diabetes nurse today - thanks to 30 minutes of exercise every day, I am able to stay away from insulin, for now. Stress can really screw it up. If I end up on insulin, then I have to see my OB twice a week! Um, no, I don't have time for that, but I do have time for exercise. I will do whatever it takes to keep away from insulin.

Timeline

Marilyn, that is too funny, it seems there are so many cute things for little girls to put on their heads, but they hate them! My sister just puts it on her daughter anyway and finally she seems to put up with them now.

Kimbear, you are getting so close, that is very exciting! Glad you are getting clothes for your little girl from far flung relatives. That is sweet.

Saw the dietician and diabetes nurse today - thanks to 30 minutes of exercise every day, I am able to stay away from insulin, for now. Stress can really screw it up. If I end up on insulin, then I have to see my OB twice a week! Um, no, I don't have time for that, but I do have time for exercise. I will do whatever it takes to keep away from insulin.

ya i was ok with just diet, however my morning fasting numbers were the ones with the problem and nothing not even insulin would help she said as it had to do with your liver etc making glucose while you sleep. easiest thing to do was to put me on the glyburide really small dosage and it has worked wonders. ironically my GD seems to be going away. ALL my numbers are getting lower last couple of weeks and my OB said its possible it is going away.

put it this way i caved in and had one of those pretzel bacon cheeseburgers at wendy's today, with fries and a coke. i know i know, OMG THE CARBS!!! lol, well my number for my sugar..was under 120!!! how the hell i have no idea but i'll take it! smile.png its the first take out i've actually had since i got preggo. aside from the morning sickness days when all i could eat was pizza. i felt human for the first time in a while smile.png

soon as i hit 35 weeks she told me i was going to have appointments twice a week, technically 6 total, one is the ultrasound, one is the internal exam, and the 3rd is the non stress test. its about an hour to an 1.5hr each time.

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

I wanted to be able to put bows etc in my daughter's hair but she recently decided she hates having anything on her head. The bow on her head in the picture only lasted a short time..lol She hates wearing those baby hats too. She will cry until you take it off.. tongue.png

As a lifelong non-hat person I sympathize with her

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

Kimbear, I actually read that the GD issues can decrease at the end of pregnancy because your progesterone levels drop. Dietitian actually recommended two snacks between meals for me because I was so hungry. That seemed to work well today.

Had a surprise visit from my SIL. She had been waiting for her K-1 visa after an interview on Oct. 9, she had hoped to have her paperwork Tuesday Oct 15, but didn't get it until Friday Oct 18. Last night

dh parents were being all vague about whether she would stop to see us on the way to Missouri. She did end up calling us this morning and spending some time with Dh and me. Last night we were thinking they would maybe just pass by because we didn't go to Canada for Thanksgiving so I was glad that wasn't the case.

Timeline

Babies are so adorable when they're asleep :) Here's our daughter and my husband. One of my favouritest pictures ever heart.gifheart.gifheart.gif

BabyL.jpg

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

What an angel! That is such a sweet picture!!

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.