Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So finally went to the doctor and he said I have bronchitis. He's not sure if it's viral or bacterial and gave me a prescription to use if it doesn't get better by today. Sigh... the fever comes and goes but the coughing refuses to leave. My side is incredibly sore. I can't lie on it, and I can barely stand up/sit down at this point. Last night my husband had to help me in and out of the chair. I took a Tylenol today but this is getting so frustrating. Can't sleep to save my life. Just unending stabbing pain...

On a bright note, my MIL has offered to come during the day today to help me pack which is good, because at this point I feel completely useless and things have to get done. sad.png

Oh that totally sucks having bronchitis. when i got sick at the beginning after hubby had that i made sure to get meds asap. they gave me something called a z pack which i was told was safe. you should be able to use cough drops and some cough meds they told me just the normal ones no -d or anything like that.

Definitely take up the MIL on her offer. You need to rest and NOT stress. :)

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Marilyn, I hope your growth scan comes out good. Thing is even with those growth scans they are just estimates. Keep eating healthy and drinking lots of water. I hope the stitch removal goes well for you. Hard to believe that you are so close! It is exciting to see your dreams come true isn't it!

VeeNDee, glad your little one decided head down was the way to go. That is reassuring I am sure. Glad that the little one passed all non-stress tests and biophysical profile tests.

Kimbear, sorry to hear about your sleeping issues. Even with my U shaped pregnancy pillow, I wake up with my arm asleep from laying on my side. Annoying but I haven't figured out how to get rid of it either. Hopefully you can get your GD under control through eating without getting far out there numbers. $145 for 100 test strips, yikes. Is there a mail order place you could get those supplies?

hikergirl, thanks for the heads up on the minor Nexus card fees. Now I just have to worry about passports so I can get the Nexus cards for my babies.

AFM, DH and I went and toured the birth place where I am planning to give birth last night. The triage part reminded me of an emergency room. I told DH that supported my wishes of staying home until I was in active labor because otherwise the tour guide said we could spend 2 to 4 hours in this little room with no windows. All the labor and delivery rooms have outdoor windows which is much better in my opinion. The tour guide told me and 2 other moms pregnant with twins that it wasn't the practice to have all twin births in the operating room. But I am definitely going to talk to my doctor about that too. There were nice deep bath tubs and showers in each room so I can stand in the water if I want to labor there which was good. She even said they recommend that a laboring woman sit on a toilet and rock to help get the baby in the right position to exit the body vaginally. The hospital supports skin to skin contact with the baby after birth which was good to know, but if I am still actively laboring for the second baby that may be interesting. Nurse said that colostrum tastes like amniotic fluid which I had never heard before. Makes sense though so it is familiar to the baby.

The mother/baby unit was nice with enough space in their large rooms for both babies to stay with us and they are never taken away from the parents unless the little boys are going to be circumcised. I am not sure how my DH feels about circumcision. I guess I need to have a conversation about that. There is a "watching" nursery if parents ask to have some time to sleep without watching the baby. DH even gets a couch to sleep on. Doesn't look that comfy but at least it is something.

Luckily the type of unit they gave me is covered under my insurance, apparently there is no such thing as generic its all machine specific. So the price wasn't horrible last night at the pharmacy. They do have a mail order which i checked out and the next refill will go through that, it will save me a ton on these. As for the insulin if i need that, well i'm not sure how that would work since it needs to be refrigerated. I'll find out next week if i need it (i'm pretty sure i do), or if i will get the pills they were talking about.

My childbirth instructor said hospitals don't want you showing up as soon as you go into labour anymore or they will charge you. She told us that we should stay home for the first 12 hours and rest prepare etc, and that only to come to the hospital for active labour and when our contractions are 5-1-1. I think..or was that 4-1-1? lol its in my paperwork somewhere :P She told us to do all sorts of diff positions, use an exercise ball to sit on etc, even a massage in the shower would help with the baby moving down and make it easier on us. The more i read about skin to skin the more i think its great and makes sense. Glad you had a good tour and like the facility! Good luck on the "talk" with hubby :)

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I just got my appointment for the growth scan. It is on September 11th. If they were so concerned about me measuring small you think they would have scheduled it sooner. That is almost 2 weeks away. I will be 37 weeks and could quite possibly go into labour anytime around there...

I have an appointment today with my other doctor so I am going to ask him about it..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

yay I tested negative for the Group B strep. smile.png

http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/groupbstrepinfection.html

the doctor today didn't seem overly concerned about the measuring small thing but he did tell me to keep my appointment for the growth scan.

I still can't get him to nail down a date to remove my stitch though..

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow, Marily, NST twice a week? Sounds like you will be at the doctors office a lot. Sounds like they charges are in line with "over and above the global ob fee" just like the ultrasounds I have to have once a month to make sure my boys are growing like they ought to. Only "good thing" for us is that we will meet our out of pocket maximum before we have to pay our part of the global ob fee.

AFM, went for our 24 week ultrasound to check on the growth of our boys. Everything is right on path for a 24 week old baby which was reassuring. Baby A was 1 pound 8 ounces and Baby B was 1 pound 9 ounches so they are growing equally well which is good.

I talked to the doctor about the "laboring" in the OR and found out that although the tour guide said I wouldn't have to the OR unless I was gettting a C section, the doctor said that will go to the OR once I get to the pushing stage of labor. When I asked her about the last natural birth she had attended, she couldn't come up with an example. She said the last few times she has been on call there were lots of scheduled C-sections. Yeah, that doesn't make me particularly comfortable since I would like to avoid a c-section if at all possible. Right now both my boys are head down, which is good.

Timeline

yeah the only problem is our insurance is charging these claims as if they were a copay so they don't count against our out of pocket maximum. grrr

i had reached the out of pocket maximum back in April but then our new insurance year started in June :(

yeah most of the ladies there know me by name or at least by sight. I usually end up with the same receptionist and I just have to walk up and she says "hi Marilyn" and looks up my info...lol I have been going at least once a week since April for my progesterone shots....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh, Marilyn that is a bummer about the time of year the OOP resets. Mine used to reset on July 1, but a couple of years ago it changed to Jan. 1. I am just thankful my boys are due in Dec. even though they will likely be born late November early Dec. It is nice when your providers know your name. I am at such a big facility that I don't really feel like they "know me". Makes it tough to feel connected to the doctors.

Timeline

Yay! So exciting that your so close now.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

yeah it is crazy how fast time has seemed to gone. but of course when I was in it, it seemed to be taking forever :P

My stitch is probably coming out next week. So I could go anytime after that.

i still have some organizing to do around here but I don't have the energy for it... I might have to get my SIL to come over and help me..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Why is American healthcare insurance so terrible....

My hospital just called... you know the one I'm going to two or three times a week for baby tests right now? Apparently our insurance is denying all our claims, saying we have a different primary provider of insurance. WE DO NOT. I told them this on the phone when I called three weeks ago asking about whether or not the maternal-fetal services were covered. I was told they were and clarified that we were NOT on the previous insurance anymore. My husband's job changed and we had to go on freaking COBRA last month. We cancelled that coz this one kicked in August 1st and we have been paying premiums on it. Time to get on the phone and give someone a piece of my mind.

Please... I am moving in 3 days. And I am still coughing from bronchitis. I do not need this stress!!!!!!!

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

VeeNDee - Oh that so very sucks. I hope they are able to get it sorted out soon.

I'm 13 and half weeks now got to hear the heart beat today at the doctors, and have my ultrasound set with the Peri on the 30th of Sept.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

yeah insurance sucks. When my husband first started his job the insurance was great. they covered everything 100% after copays which were reasonably low. It has gotten worse and worse every year..

i am not sure what to do about my SIL. she is under the assumption that we are going to call her as soon as I go into labour which my husband and
I don't really want to do because then she will call everyone. i did tell her today that we want a minimum of 2 hours just for me, the husband and the baby to have some alone time. She said ok so I won't call anybody til later. But why should she call anyways? It is our news to share :P She already had told everyone that we were pregnant before we got a chance too... :P

i also don't want anybody waiting at the hospital for me to deliver. I told my SIL this and she said well, you can't stop that from happening.. wacko.png

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.