Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Marilyn that party looks beautiful! Not to mention tasty, haha. Glad you had a good time smile.png Love that your husband got a pink frilly tie. rofl.gif Looks like he was totally a good sport! The outside table setup made me think of Alice in Wonderland's tea party for some reason.

The moving issue for me continues... we found out a lot of my husband's friends have a wedding to go to on our moving day, and our church is planning some type of shindig/barbeque that day, so it is looking like it might be dicey on the moving help front. I guess we'll see as time gets closer. My parents are coming but they are older (late 60s), and my husband's parents but they can't lift heavy things. His sisters have been a no show at his past moves so doubt they or their boyfriends will show up. Guess we'll just have to figure this out somehow. So far we have one couple coming to help. So, hey, it's a start!

My hips have been killing me lately. I have rheumatoid arthritis and some hip pain in general, but I think this is baby hip pain. The reason why is because it's on the OUTSIDE of my hip, not inside near the joint. It is hard to lie on my sides because it hurts and I limp around on my errands. Stairs are even becoming an issue. I am not sure what to do.

Not sure if it's better to rest and hope it goes away or to try to 'walk it out'... I guess I should make an appointment at some point. Just keep hoping it will go away!!!!

One more week until our ultrasound to check the placenta. I hope it's moved away safely so I won't need a C-section, but I'm most excited about the chance to see our baby again smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png I can't even imagine how much bigger the baby is compared to the 20 week ultrasound we saw. Definitely feels a lot stronger with the kicks. My whole stomach jerks around visibly sometimes. Crazy feeling. Kind of leaves me stunned sometimes, like...I can't believe there is a baby in there haha.

yeah, it feels weird sometimes when the baby is moving around in there. It is like," wow, I have a living thing growing inside me"

we are moving in about a week and half. My silly husband has not brought any boxes home yet. I think he is worried that I am going to do the packing but my SIL has said she will come over and do that. We really just have to throw things into boxes as we are only moving two doors down but I don't want to leave that for the last minute

I was totally surprised that he actually wore it. He had told me earlier that he didn't want to wear anything silly like that... lol

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

so I got about 5 thick blankets at the shower. Plus I had two that I had bought. My SIL was telling me yesterday that she saw a couple more that she wants to buy because they were cute. We live in SoCal there is no way she needs that many blankets besides the fact you are encouraged not to use blankets on them while they are sleeping.. I tried telling her that she doesn't need any more but who knows what she will do.. :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My mother in law called today to ask what i wanted for baby clothes. She is a seamstress and loves going to places like Joann's fabrics etc, and makes tons of hats scarves gloves for the kids in 3rd world countries, shes a retired salvation army officer, so she donates alot of her time and money to the poor kids. She also has an ENTIRE BASEMENT filled with patterns fabric you name it. and liek 5 sowing machines of diff types its crazy! We told her keep it simple, and try and stick to cotton for the most part. She wants to make curtains, blankets etc. too LOL.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

My MIL is super crafty too and is making us a baby blanket out of the same pattern HER mom made HER baby blankets and even further back. A kind of family tradition. I am not sure what type of yarn she is using, other than it's yellow so perfect for gender neutral. She also keeps talking about making this adorable cupcake hat, but says she is going to wait until she knows the gender of the baby so she can decide what the colour the icing is (blue or pink) on the top haha. It will end up looking something like this:

http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_type=handmade&page=1&q=baby+cupcake+hat&ref=related

Edited by VeeNDee

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

i can't remember if I mentioned it here or not but it looks like my husband will be taking 7 weeks off after the baby is born. :D Here in California you can get Paid Family Leave for baby bonding. They pay up to 6 weeks but you have to take an extra week unpaid but you can possibly use your vacation, sick or personal days to cover that week. They pay 55% of your gross and you don't have to pay health insurance premiums during that time. They also pay for weekends. So essentially he will be making the same he makes now after taxes etc..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Marilyn, looks like a fun shower! I had to laugh at the frilly pink tie for your DH. Glad he was a good sport for the party.

The whole blanket thing is hilarious. Five heavy blankets in SoCal is more than plenty since they actually can't use them until the child is 2 years old or something. I plan to just register for a bunch of sheets and those sleep sacks.

Nice to hear that you DH can stay home with you for awhile and be there to help you and the baby get yourselves settled.

VeeNDee, I hope you can find some help to move things. Around here they have something called "Two Men and a Truck". We used them to move things around for us so my DH wouldn't try to move crazy heavy things by himself. I think we paid $40 for an hour of work with 2 guys. Totally worth it.

I hope your placenta has moved too so you can try for a vaginal delivery.

Kimbear, sounds like your mom is ready to feather your nest! I know I am planning to make curtains and a diaper holder thing, but since the cribs aren't supposed to have blankets, bumpers, etc, that is about it. If you can get some cool fabric, I would say let her have at it. That stuff is crazy expensive, not completely necessary, but can make a baby's room look cute. I can't remember, does your little girl get a room of her own or will she be rooming in with you for awhile?

AFM, last Saturday I felt the babies move for the first time. All week I have felt one or the other of them kick me especially after I eat. At 22 weeks it is nice to know they are in there since I was 21 weeks when I first knew it was really one of them moving, not just gas or something.

DH and I talked with a woman to be our doula - basically a woman to "mother the mother" during labor and delivery who is trained in all the things that happen during labor and delivery to keep DH and me be "calm and docile" as DH likes to say. I really want to try a vaginal delivery and there is research that shows that having a doula increases the likelihood that will happen (all other things being lined up like baby A is head down and placentas aren't in the way). DH and I both don't like hospitals and I know that nurses don't stay with you all the time because they have other patients to care for. She can give us emotional support and remind us, "yes that is normal in labor". I was really pleased to hear about how she uses comfort measures like breathing, relaxation, movement, and positining to help labor progress and be "standable". I wanted to make sure someone was there to remind my DH that "this is what labor is like, your wife will be okay, she is working on getting those babies out" because DH doesn't like to see me in pain. With the higher risk of C-sections after interventions like an epidural or pitocin, I want to stay away from those as much as possible. I don't like needles so the whole idea of putting a huge needle in my spine to numb me makes me crazy nervous. I will take the pain, thanks. I just feel so much more at ease that DH and I will have someone who will stay with us throughout labor and delivery to give us the support we need to have the best birth possible for our boys. I am more relaxed already about it all. Here is a link to the doula professional organization check out http://www.dona.org/mothers/ Many of the doulas we talked with worked on a sliding fee scale so don't let the expense hold you back. I believe it will be worth every penny to have someone there to encourage DH and me when I have our twins.

Timeline

well i had my 3 hour glucose test take 2 today, i managed to survive yay! Should know the results tomorrow she said.

Yesterday we toured the brand spanking new building for the women and baby hospital. It is freaking NICE!. The rooms are all private and huge. tv dvd fridge microwave coffee machine, shower in the bathroom, really nice decor with wood cabinets etc, its looks almost like a hotel room aside from the medical bed and equipment. OH and they do dining room service!! with a fancy menu and everything for you!! and have a photographer come after the baby is born and you can go online after and see if you want to order the prints or not. I LOVE the fact they have a lactation consultant there to help right away and all the FREE support groups for it and PPD etc. I'm just floored at the whole place and the nurses that work there and how nice everyone is too.

Also i found out they believe in keeping mother and baby together the whole time, there is no nursery. Its a family/baby friendly room as well, with couches chairs tables internet etc, and you can have as many people in the room with you as you want during the labour. Seeing how nice and cozy the room was made me feel so much better. I absolutely HATE hospitals, and have fainted numerous times in them. This was so nice and did not even smell like a hospital. its literally 6 floors just for labour , moms, and new babies. Just amazing.

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

that is great about the hospital, Kimbear. smile.png

I don't really like the hospital I have to go to. the staff is great but the hospital is small and not very nice.

There is a hospital that is less then 5 minutes from us that is awesome but my doctors don't have privileges there sad.png

In other news... I had my first non-stress test yesterday. Emily did great. They also checked my fluid level and that was good too.

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Ya i hate how you can't pick and choose hospitals clinics or your doctors here. its so annoying. So glad the test went well for you.

I just got a call from my dr. I flunked the 3hr glucose test. apparently my numbers were very high. :(

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

kimbear, I am glad the place where you will give birth has already given you warm fuzzy feelings. Always a good thing. The smells of a hospital scare me a bit. Glad you won't have to deal with that where you are going.

Marilyn, bummer that your doctors don't have privileges where you would prefer to birth.

AFM, DH and I will be touring the "Birth Place" next week. I am getting excited about that. it is becoming more and more real to me that these babies are coming.

Ya i hate how you can't pick and choose hospitals clinics or your doctors here. its so annoying. So glad the test went well for you.

I just got a call from my dr. I flunked the 3hr glucose test. apparently my numbers were very high. sad.png

Sorry to hear that Kimbear. Hope you and your doctor can come up with a plan for gestational diabetes.

Timeline

we usually can have our pick of hospitals but my doctor's office is a little strange. I picked this doctor a few years ago when I was in the mindset that I wouldn't have any more babies so it didn't concern me that they only did deliveries at the one hospital.

I could go to the hospital I like because it is covered by our insurance but I am not sure what would happen with billing etc..

We are most likely going to switch to Kaiser after the baby is born because our current premiums are going to go up by another $100 a check when we add her ohmy.png So that will be around $600 a month just for health insurance premiums..wacko.png

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

my mom emailed me yesterday saying they are not sure when they are going to be able to come after the baby is born.. sad.png My dad had a few weeks off last month so they are a little short on funds. I get that but it annoys me a little because they went from BC to Manitoba last August for a cousin's wedding and then they went back again this last February for my uncle's wedding.. The distance is about the same from BC to SoCal.. since I moved here in 2005 they have gone to Manitoba a lot more times then they have come down here..

We haven't seen them since September 2011 when my husband and I drove up there. I feel like I am not important enough. Also when I do get emails from my mom she never asks how I am doing with the pregnancy. We don't talk much on the phone anymore because they don't have a long distance plan..

My husband's family is great but sometimes you just want to be around your own family. I still kind of feel like I don't fit in here. that became very clear to me at my baby shower. No one seemed to be too bothered that I was sitting in the living room by myself sad.png

Sorry i am having a little pity party moment right now..

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

We went for the 32 week ultrasound today to check if the placenta had moved.

Good news: The placenta has moved wayyyy up top so we're good!

Bad news:

- Baby is still breech (but has plenty of time to turn apparently so I'm not going to worry about that)

- The baby's waist is proportionately small so the OB sent me right away for a non-stress test and then referred me to a maternal-fetal service to get another ultrasound tomorrow to check on the blood flow through the placenta. She is worried the baby isn't getting proper nutrition/blood flow. The baby weighs 3 pounds 11 ounces today, approximately and she said that is in the 39th percentile which is good. Guess tomorrow we'll find out what the results of the other test say.

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.