Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Moving right before your due date even if in the same area is going to be hard. Poor you. Is it at least a slightly bigger unit, or just renovated? We have a friend who just had that happen to him, they want to finish renovating and are slowing moving ppl out of the building then they are converting the apartments to condos.

So i flunked my glucose test today, i got a score of 144 and now have to go for the 3 hour one which includes a 3 day meal plan beforehand (omg the menu is pitiful how i am i supposed to NOT be hungry on it?), and then fast for the actual test. Right now i'm hungry every 2 hours how the hell i'm going to survive this i have no clue. So not happy about this. I even ate good the last 2 days and stayed away from carbs and sugars crying.gif

My baby shower is the last Sunday this month, and my sister in law sent out RSVP a couple of weeks ago, with self addressed stamped envelopes for return. So far only one person out of like 10 has replied. I mean seriously how hard is it to say yes / no and send the bloody thing back? I'm annoyed because this is why i don't get along with most of David's friends. they don't care about anything and leave it all to the last minute. Like my sister in law and her friend have to cook and make food and plan for a certain amount of ppl the least these invitees could do is mail the damn thing back or god forbid use FB to let us know.ranting33va.gif

Ugh tell me about it... my husband's friends are also terrible about RSVPing. I know for our wedding all the Canadians RSVPed and only about 20% of the Americans bothered to respond and I had to phone and make inquiries. And of the ones that do respond to occasional invites for get-togethers, more than half the time they cancel on the day of. It's so annoying to plan for!!! My husband says he thought that was just normal since he's always dealt with it, but that's not okay with me. Don't pretend to be nice to me in person and then not respond to my emails or texts or phone messages. ranting33va.gif

You know, if they said they couldn't make it I'd be fine. But being ignored drives me up the freaking wall!

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Moving right before your due date even if in the same area is going to be hard. Poor you. Is it at least a slightly bigger unit, or just renovated? We have a friend who just had that happen to him, they want to finish renovating and are slowing moving ppl out of the building then they are converting the apartments to condos.

So i flunked my glucose test today, i got a score of 144 and now have to go for the 3 hour one which includes a 3 day meal plan beforehand (omg the menu is pitiful how i am i supposed to NOT be hungry on it?), and then fast for the actual test. Right now i'm hungry every 2 hours how the hell i'm going to survive this i have no clue. So not happy about this. I even ate good the last 2 days and stayed away from carbs and sugars crying.gif

My baby shower is the last Sunday this month, and my sister in law sent out RSVP a couple of weeks ago, with self addressed stamped envelopes for return. So far only one person out of like 10 has replied. I mean seriously how hard is it to say yes / no and send the bloody thing back? I'm annoyed because this is why i don't get along with most of David's friends. they don't care about anything and leave it all to the last minute. Like my sister in law and her friend have to cook and make food and plan for a certain amount of ppl the least these invitees could do is mail the damn thing back or god forbid use FB to let us know.ranting33va.gif

well, i won't be doing much of the actual packing, moving or cleaning so it will be pretty easy for me.. I just have to direct where things go..

the place is the exact same size, it will just be renovated. new flooring, new appliances and I think new cupboards...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Love this thread - my daughter is 21+ now so I have nothing recent or helpful to add but it's a cheery thread none the less!

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

well, i won't be doing much of the actual packing, moving or cleaning so it will be pretty easy for me.. I just have to direct where things go..

the place is the exact same size, it will just be renovated. new flooring, new appliances and I think new cupboards...

Glad it's working out for you Marilyn... must've been super stressful to find that out so suddenly. It's too bad that they are upping your rent. It's the same in our apartment. When our lease is up they are going to be upping the rent a few hundred a month from the sounds of it since they have been renovating a lot of the outside apartments (repainting, roofing, gardening, the office building itself), which is why we decided to move. At least you can enjoy some new renovated appliances and flooring! You totally need to get yourself one of those directors chairs and sit and point at things.

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

Glad it's working out for you Marilyn... must've been super stressful to find that out so suddenly. It's too bad that they are upping your rent. It's the same in our apartment. When our lease is up they are going to be upping the rent a few hundred a month from the sounds of it since they have been renovating a lot of the outside apartments (repainting, roofing, gardening, the office building itself), which is why we decided to move. At least you can enjoy some new renovated appliances and flooring! You totally need to get yourself one of those directors chairs and sit and point at things.

:lol: yeah, i should..

I saw online that there was the possibility of another unit available next month and the rent was cheaper but when I went to ask about it they said it had already been taken :(

we probably could find a cheaper apartment somewhere else but we like this one and the area and the fact that we live less then a mile from my SIL... She drives me crazy sometimes but she has always been a big help to us over the years..

We officially said yes on the apartment that is two doors down.. we are just waiting to hear from the manager. All we basically have to do is sign a new lease. We might have to pay the difference for this month but it won't be much. Oh we do have to sign a 13 month lease to get the cheapest possible rent which at first was not something we were too happy about. We want to buy a house next year and didn't want to be tied down. But then we were thinking that this is probably for the better because we can spend the time paying off our debt and saving for the house..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

My baby shower is this Saturday and me being the Curious George that I am, keeps checking my registries.. :blush: They show that nobody has bought anything yet. I know my husband's aunt has supposedly bought a lot of stuff for the baby from Target already. I have a feeling she forgets to tell the check out person that she is buying from a registry.. :P So I am wondering if the other people are doing that too. Or else they are just buying whatever they want or waiting til closer to the shower..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

i really miss haveing a rental board that you can go to complain about rent hikes etc. something both ontario and quebec had. bascially they were only allowed to hike your rent 1% every year unless there were renovations then it was 3% max. Here i they have nothing like that it seems.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

hehe i do the same thign ! :) But i keep telling hubby its just to see if prices are cheaper and to let his parents know when to buy the crib etc. :P I have had some items sent to me already and i refuse to open them, i am leaving them packed until the baby shower then i'll truck em over to my SIL and open them there :) Wow i can't believe mine is at the end of the month already! WOW...only 12 weeks to go...holy #######..lol

And i finally know what your all talking about with those Braxton HIcks things..OMG what a weird feelign and site to see my tummy just clench and move like that!! i get them the same time the baby is active so i make alot of weird faces and hubby keeps askign if i'm Ok. lol.

Was reading up on this "kick count" thing , that you should time how active the baby is in a 2 hr span and it should be at least 10 movements..well jeez..she does like triple that some times. I swear she is having a blast in there so much i'm not sure if she's going to wanna come out! lol

My baby shower is this Saturday and me being the Curious George that I am, keeps checking my registries.. blush.png They show that nobody has bought anything yet. I know my husband's aunt has supposedly bought a lot of stuff for the baby from Target already. I have a feeling she forgets to tell the check out person that she is buying from a registry.. tongue.png So I am wondering if the other people are doing that too. Or else they are just buying whatever they want or waiting til closer to the shower..

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

i haven't been too concerned with kick count. My doctors don't seem to be either. they ask me if she has been kicking and I say yup..

She has days where she is more active then other days..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Well I finally made it to the Dr's after our trip to Canada. Trip was pretty good, other then it getting cold. Anyways we got an ultra sound and got to see and hear the heart beat. Everything looks good and my due date is march 10th, I was only a day off with my guess. Now I can relax and start thinking up names.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Well I finally made it to the Dr's after our trip to Canada. Trip was pretty good, other then it getting cold. Anyways we got an ultra sound and got to see and hear the heart beat. Everything looks good and my due date is march 10th, I was only a day off with my guess. Now I can relax and start thinking up names.

YAY So happy for you! :) Hope everything goes smoothly for ya!

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

so it looks like my husband will be taking 6 weeks off after our munchkin is born. We weren't sure if we would get enough money but we found out that he can get Paid Family Leave, I think this is just a California thing. They pay 55% of your gross and they pay for weekends too. So we will probably get almost as much as we do now, after taxes etc... :D

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

so it looks like my husband will be taking 6 weeks off after our munchkin is born. We weren't sure if we would get enough money but we found out that he can get Paid Family Leave, I think this is just a California thing. They pay 55% of your gross and they pay for weekends too. So we will probably get almost as much as we do now, after taxes etc... biggrin.png

That's fantastic Marilyn!

A friend of mine who works for United had their baby in July, and she is already back at work. She only got 2 weeks off even though she thought through her union etc she got a month. I would never want to put a young baby into a day care at that age no matter what. Its crazy how people do that here. One of the reasons i don't work right now is so i can raise our daughter, and not someone else, not to mention I've heard about the food they get fed etc. No thank you! lol.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

yeah I plan on being a stay at home mom. I don't want someone else raising my kid. This might sound kind of funny for someone who used to be a nanny.

He has a year after she is born to use the 6 weeks but if he uses them next year they will take his vacation days.

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Kimbear and Marilyn I am totally with you both on raising my own children. I don't want someone else influencing my kids with their food, behaviors and whatever craziness they might have. I want them to have quality characters!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.