terriprg

IR1 flight to US who can accompany

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I am going to US with my kids who are both under 2yrs. US husband cant come to my country and help me with kids during flight, because he already used loads of vacation last year. I am wondering if my brother can come with me while he have B1/B2 visa? Should he go thru immigration separately saying he is going to vacation or would it be better come with us and disclose truth (helping me with kids). Obviously he would have return ticket. Employment confirmation etc...showing tights to our country. What would you guys recommend?

USCIS

3/17/2007 wedding in UK

6/27/2007 I-130 submitted under F2A category

05/05/2009 upgraded to IR category

8/26/2009 RFE received

8/27/2009 RFE responded

10/5/2009 approved

NVC

10/15/2009 case number assigned

10/20/2009 email updated with NVC

10/20/2009 AOS and DS3032 received

10/20/2009 AOS fee paid

10/20/2009 DS3032 sent via email

10/21/2009 DS3032 sent via snail mail

10/22/2009 AOS cover sheet available

10/23/2009 DS3032 arrived to NVC

10/27/2009 I-864 sent

10/28/2009 per AVR DS3032 received

11/04/2009 IV bill received

11/04/2009 IV fee paid

11/13/2009 RFE

11/16/2009 response to RFE sent

11/27/2009 NVC accepted response to RFE

12/03/2009 case completed

12/11/2009 interview date assigned (1/21/2010 Prague, Czech Republic)

12/22/2009 earlier inteterview date from usem

1/7/2010 approved IR1

If it was me I would not give immigration any reason not to accept you into the country. This will be your first entry and you have to pass another interview. If your husband used vac last year he should have a new bank of vac this year to help you if necessary. It would be better if a US based relative of your husband came and helped if that is really needed. Maybe others have alternate advice.

Edited by BRB

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Hi, I am going to US with my kids who are both under 2yrs. US husband cant come to my country and help me with kids during flight, because he already used loads of vacation last year. I am wondering if my brother can come with me while he have B1/B2 visa? Should he go thru immigration separately saying he is going to vacation or would it be better come with us and disclose truth (helping me with kids). Obviously he would have return ticket. Employment confirmation etc...showing tights to our country. What would you guys recommend?

The truth is your brother is helping you with the kids while he will also be vacationing in the US before returning home. I foresee problems only if they realize the two of you are traveling together and you appear to be trying to hide that fact. His helping you and being on vacation are completely compatible and seems a very sensible way of combining two useful purposes into one trip.

There is no other "interview" as alluded to in another post. You will go to secondary inspection where they will examine the contents of the envelope you have to carry with you, take your fingerprint and photograph and stamp your visa. It isn't an interview but an extended version of what normally happens to someone just visiting. Yes they will talk to you and ask you a few questions such as checking the address you will be living at but in the sense of a visa interview it definitely isn't.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.