Intazzz

Planning to Petition my girlfriend?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a girlfriend who live in the philippines and she have a 6 months old child "not my child".

My status is Immigrant in the US.

I am planning to petition her. I just wondering if her child will be included on the petition since her child is a minor?

Do i need to petition just her? and the child is included.

or

do i need separate petition?

what is the best steps do i need please advice?

Thank You.

I have a girlfriend who live in the philippines and she have a 6 months old child "not my child".

I am planning to petition her. I just wondering if her child will be included on the petition since her child is a minor?

or

Thank You.

If you don't have your US citizenship you can't petition her. If you do check out the Guides at the top of the page.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

or

Thank You.

you need to be a citizen first before u can petition her

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

As LPR, you cannot petition a girlfriend. You may petition a spouse under F2A category but the waiting period for the Philippines is currently at 4 years.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin...letin_4597.html

Edited by Pinay Wife

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post and two posts quoting it removed for baiting. read the tos, this isn't the first time post removal has occured for this poster.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

one post and two posts quoting it removed for baiting. read the tos, this isn't the first time post removal has occured for this poster.

Thanks Charles... :thumbs:

or

Thank You.

How long you've been an LPR? Are you eligible now to file Citizenship? The fastest is K1 Fiancé Visa and K2 for her child but the petitioner must be a US Citizen.

Edited by I-10 West

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You certainly take pride in telling readers that this is not the first time that one of my posts has been deleted. You must be very elated indeed, as if you have caught a thief with your eyes shut. Well, the censure and suspension did not bother me and, frankly, I don’t give a damn (with apologies to Rhett Butler)! And, I can assure you that this won’t be the last time that I’ll label you and other members of The Mod Squad stinky party poopers.

I asked a pure question, why would someone be interested in a woman with an illegitimate child? I expected the OP to search his soul and come up with a persuasive explanation. Then, I offered a sisterly advice, to use his brains instead of his #######. It was a poignant advice, an advice that even Dr. Phil might prescribe. Why I was censured and suspended by VJ, I can’t figure out. This just validates my thinking that VJ mods suck bigtime! :thumbs:

arizona_fi_huge_md_clr.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I concur with the other posts that the petitioner must be a US citizen...if you don't have your citizenship then it's time to go apply for it if you are eligible!

Also, you can't petition a "girlfriend". You gotta be engaged and totally serious to go for the K-1...or get married and do a K-3 or CR1.

As for the mods...what do you expect guys? VJ is governed by an oligarchy...free speech is at stake. ;)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
You certainly take pride in telling readers that this is not the first time that one of my posts has been deleted. You must be very elated indeed, as if you have caught a thief with your eyes shut. Well, the censure and suspension did not bother me and, frankly, I don’t give a damn (with apologies to Rhett Butler)! And, I can assure you that this won’t be the last time that I’ll label you and other members of The Mod Squad stinky party poopers.

I asked a pure question, why would someone be interested in a woman with an illegitimate child? I expected the OP to search his soul and come up with a persuasive explanation. Then, I offered a sisterly advice, to use his brains instead of his #######. It was a poignant advice, an advice that even Dr. Phil might prescribe. Why I was censured and suspended by VJ, I can’t figure out. This just validates my thinking that VJ mods suck bigtime! :thumbs:

Pretty doll (muñequita linda), I concur with what you are saying. A thought provoking drama in real life, such as falling for some woman with a ####### offspring, must be open for disscussion. The mods should have left your post untouched. :thumbs:

140px-Ph_seal_ilocos_sur.png

355634134_6337d0bad9_m.jpg

I deleted your post and those quoting it, and took the other action based on the Visa Journey, Terms of Service (TOS). If you are not satisfied with the website or the administration of it, you are free to leave.

We only ask that members refrain from delivering disparaging remarks to other members, irrespective of your personal perspective of life or the issue in question. This is an immigration help website, not a venue for personal attacks. If you can abide by that, great - if not, all the best.

Regards,

VJ Moderation

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i'm sure that's no one's business but the op's. so leave it be.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

i'm sure that's no one's business but the op's. so leave it be.

I agree.

There is nothing wrong with adoption and certainly nothing wrong with a woman who has children. The very idea that she might be 'damaged goods' is ... well... antiquated at best....

-P

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Filed: Country:
Timeline
I agree.

There is nothing wrong with adoption and certainly nothing wrong with a woman who has children. The very idea that she might be 'damaged goods' is ... well... antiquated at best....

-P

Heck yeah to that...

Nobody is perfect, to think you can turn love on or off just because someone has {a} child(ren) legitimate or not is stupid and small minded.

Reminds me of the old saying about people in glass houses throwing stones...

Edited by Bob 4 Anna

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
I agree.

-P

Indeed. I wouldn't be happily married if my husband had subscribed to that notion. And since when do we still use the term '####### child'?

To the OP: if you are eligible for citizenship, as others have suggested, you will need to go that route before you can petition your girlfriend (who really will have to be a fiancee) and her child.

Good luck.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.