The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My husbands house is in a Homeowners Association...but it isn't near as bad as some of them out there...Where the in-laws live..thay are even told what colour of flowers they are allowed to plant!!! M-I-L planted bulbs and I guess some came up the wrong colour and they were pulled out of the ground while she was at work!!! Like #######?????

so far in the 2 1/2 years we have been together, i haven't heard really bad horror stories ...but that might change once I am living there!! ( I have a sign for infront of my garage "Canadian Parking Only"!!)

we have talked about moving....but with the economy and me just getting there (hopefully in Feb), that is way on the back burner!

April 8, 2007- Met on-line playing World of Warcraft...Me a troll he a Tauren

10/11/2008 Married in Lakewood Washington

USCIS

12/08/2008 CR-1/I-130 mailed

12/19/2008 NOA1

03/09/2009 NOA2

03/09/2009 I-130 approved

NVC

03/19/2009 NVC case # generated

09/25/2009 Completed at NVC

01/11/2010 Interview Assigned..flight and hotel booked same day.

01/20/2010 Medical in Vancouver....no issues reported

02/05/2010 Interview in Montreal..APPROVED..with a few tears at the end!!

02/11/2010 POE...Peace Arch or PAC

thm_thm_php8UO03s.jpg

event.png

Timeline

That's the thing - what do you find out about a HOA before you move in? Likewise, krikit has talked here before about their HOA and it seems quite good. I think it would be really difficult to tell. Even if you spoke to people that live there already, everyone has a different opinion on what is overstepping and what isn't.

Are they flower pullers or nice people who just want to make sure you don't have to mow your own lawn and pooling resources for the common good of the neighbourhood.

You might end up with higher HOA fees too. What if the majority decide to build a community pool and raise the rates, that kind of thing.

One of my Sisters lives in Texas. Her front door had been painted red for 8 years. She got a note one day that the colour was not acceptable to the HOA and she needed to change it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
My husbands house is in a Homeowners Association...but it isn't near as bad as some of them out there...Where the in-laws live..thay are even told what colour of flowers they are allowed to plant!!! M-I-L planted bulbs and I guess some came up the wrong colour and they were pulled out of the ground while she was at work!!! Like #######?????
One of my Sisters lives in Texas. Her front door had been painted red for 8 years. She got a note one day that the colour was not acceptable to the HOA and she needed to change it.

I would not respond well to things like this.

At all.

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I am kind of psyched because my weight seems to be going down, slowly but surely :D .. I am hoping to lose about 15 to 20 pounds by the summer... i need to lose more but that is my goal right now...

I am not doing anything special.. I just try to watch how much I eat and I try to drink mainly water...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

I am kind of psyched because my weight seems to be going down, slowly but surely :D .. I am hoping to lose about 15 to 20 pounds by the summer... i need to lose more but that is my goal right now...

I am not doing anything special.. I just try to watch how much I eat and I try to drink mainly water...

YAY, you can do it :)

They say that a lot of people confuse hunger pains for thirst, and that's why they gain weight.

Good reason to stay hydrated like you are doing!

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline
I'm off to my first interview in 30 minutes. Can't believe I've only been here a week and already have two interviews. :lol:

Good luck Mal!

AOS/AP/EAD Timeline

Package sent to Chicago Lockbox: 06/16/2010

Chicago Lockbox received: 06/18/2010

Received e-mail notification from Chicago Lockbox: 06/24/2010

Hard copy NOA1 received: 06/28/2010

Touch!: 06/28/2010

Received biometrics letter in the mail: 07/16/2010

Attempted walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- DENIED: 07/16/2010

2nd attempt at walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- SUCCESS!: 07/28/2010

EAD card production ordered!: 08/09/2010

AP approved!: 08/09/2010

2nd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/12/2010

AP arrived!: 08/16/2010

3rd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/16/2010

EAD arrived!: 08/19/2010

Received interview letter in the mail: 09/13/2010

Green card interview -- APPROVED!: 10/15/2010

Green card received: 10/25/2010

The whole AOS process took almost exactly 4 months ... not too shabby!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am so jealous and happy for you! Weight loss is soooo hard. Ive been trying and so far Im stuck at the same weight. I am not very good at watching what I eat but Ive been working out a lot. Hmm maybe I should start watching what I eat...

Anyway congratulations! :thumbs:

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Timeline

I was about 10 pounds heavier then I am now for the longest time but I have lost that 10 pounds in the last few months...

I put on about 40 pounds in the first 9 months I was here in the US but then I didn't gain or lose weight since then until now....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

That's awesome Marilyn! Good job! :)

AOS/AP/EAD Timeline

Package sent to Chicago Lockbox: 06/16/2010

Chicago Lockbox received: 06/18/2010

Received e-mail notification from Chicago Lockbox: 06/24/2010

Hard copy NOA1 received: 06/28/2010

Touch!: 06/28/2010

Received biometrics letter in the mail: 07/16/2010

Attempted walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- DENIED: 07/16/2010

2nd attempt at walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- SUCCESS!: 07/28/2010

EAD card production ordered!: 08/09/2010

AP approved!: 08/09/2010

2nd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/12/2010

AP arrived!: 08/16/2010

3rd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/16/2010

EAD arrived!: 08/19/2010

Received interview letter in the mail: 09/13/2010

Green card interview -- APPROVED!: 10/15/2010

Green card received: 10/25/2010

The whole AOS process took almost exactly 4 months ... not too shabby!

Timeline

I am not saying I am perfect in watching what i eat.. sometimes I snack more then I should..

but I think it helps that we cut back on the eating out... not that we were doing it a lot but somethimes after work I would be so tired and felt to lazy to make dinner :P

now during the week I make most of our meals instead of ordering in

mvSuprise-hug.gif

What is Wingbowl? Sounds fun!

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

I don't care what Wingbowl is, but say hey to Snookie for me! I think that girl is hilarious!

:D

I'm going to wingbowl in Philly!

SNOOKIE IS GOING TO BE THERE! WOOOO!!! :dance:

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
What is Wingbowl? Sounds fun!

Its in Philadelphia at the Wachovia Center, you watch people pig out on wings! It's an eating conest. You and varba should go! We could have a little meet and greet and eat...:lol:

I just happen to find it funny that snookie is going to be there. that's my reason for going... plus who doesn't like seeing gluttony at it's finest??

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.