The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So the feral kitten - now 7 months old - finally showed up at the right time on the same day for me to trap him and take him in to the low cost spay/neuter mobile clinic. The mobile clinic is in the area once a month and I have been trying for the last 3 months to get him to have him neutered. I still need to do his mother - the time she did show up on time for me to catch her she arrived with 2 nursing kittens so I couldn't take her in. The one kitten died and now this one is finally going to be neutered before he fully realizes he is a tomcat. It will be a much easier and safer life for him now. I wish the clinic was in the area more often than once a month - it is very hard to co-ordinate catching a feral for a 7:30 delivery time! I hope to get his mother done next month if I can catch her. Fortunately the weather will be a little bit better - she is shivering now and she doesn't need a shaved belly in this weather. I also don't want her to have anymore kittens. She had 5 that I know of last year and this one getting neutered today is the only one that survived. I go back at 1 pm to pick him up and he will recover in the garage overnight.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning, thanks for the coffee Carla! Hope your internet service is ok now. I know when I was working from home for IBM, if your internet service went down they expected you to hop in the car and come in to the office :hehe: - however they also required you to have 2 sources for internet service at all times.

Well I checked yesterday with the Manager of this apt bldg and we can rent month to month here now, our rent will go up 50.00 a month to a grand total of 1025.00 a month..blah :mellow:

However, this is a better option than moving somewhere else to rent and getting stuck with another lease while we are looking for a place to buy.

Yay for nanaimo bars with flags Nevada - that's hilarious that your Mom overnighted them to you.

Edited by trailmix

Going to apply for my SSN today. Should be an adventure!

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

Remember a while back I talked about the events planner at my work and her daughter marrying a man from South Africa? They had a big planned wedding and then he applied for AOS.

WELL...

Apparently when he applied he stated that he was coming here to visit but when he had his interview last week he told the case worker that he had come to get married.

So now the events planner gets a letter and he has 30 days to comply to whatever is in that letter. She's sobbing... she's upset and she won't explain any of it, just keeps saying that he has 30 days. 30 days for what!? We're all sitting at our desks trying to listen to her on the phone.

I told her so. I did.

Donne moi une poptart!

Remember a while back I talked about the events planner at my work and her daughter marrying a man from South Africa? They had a big planned wedding and then he applied for AOS.

WELL...

Apparently when he applied he stated that he was coming here to visit but when he had his interview last week he told the case worker that he had come to get married.

So now the events planner gets a letter and he has 30 days to comply to whatever is in that letter. She's sobbing... she's upset and she won't explain any of it, just keeps saying that he has 30 days. 30 days for what!? We're all sitting at our desks trying to listen to her on the phone.

I told her so. I did.

I'm assuming that he did not tell the truth initially.

This is why you can't lie. It just leads to another lie. And soon you have to keep them all straight. That poor family.

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

Timeline

I don't feel bad for them. They have been ignorant to the ENTIRE process. Before he came here I tried explaining it to her and told her to let her daughter know. She didn't care. He came here with the intent to marry, had a big fancy wedding here at the country club that was planned well before his arrival and receipts would tell you so.

She went out and got a lawyer and really did believe that everything would be fine. She didn't read about the process, she didn't care about the process, in her mind, what she was doing was just fine and dandy even though I tried to give her resources and tried to explain the visas.

Meh... some people will never learn.

Donne moi une poptart!

Some people are just like that. They don't believe the processes apply to them. Argh, people like that are frustrating.

Edited by ValerieA

Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sounds like they proved his intent in the interview. I bet it happens all the time. More than we know of from VJ, because most of the those people don't care to do their research and find VJ in the first place.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

It's terrible though when you flat out try to explain it and they still don't know. Her response to almost everything I said was: "Our lawyer will take care of it"

Sounds like they proved his intent in the interview. I bet it happens all the time. More than we know of from VJ, because most of the those people don't care to do their research and find VJ in the first place.

Yea I even wrote down the address of visajourney for her and gave it to her.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

The other thing about it all is...

Her daughter, the one who married works here as a banquet server and she just walked over to her mom and handed her the letter, it hadn't even been opened yet. So her daughter doesn't even know yet? I mean if it were MY husband anything that came from USCIS would be for my eyes first, but I guess to each is their own.

ETA: Sorry it's pretty bad, she's crying really hard. 30 days to comply.. makes me wonder if he's getting deported?

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
It's terrible though when you flat out try to explain it and they still don't know. Her response to almost everything I said was: "Our lawyer will take care of it"

Yea I even wrote down the address of visajourney for her and gave it to her.

There's a guy I work with whose daughter is in an immigration situation. His daughter married a guy who came here illegally with his family when he was 9. He is now 23 and has been working since he was 17, I guess nobody required a SSN or anything. When he was asking me about it, I told him that his son-in-law was subject to a 10 year ban, but he just refuses to believe me. He did a bit of research, and thinks that as long as he can prove that he can support his wife that he will be given a greencard. Well the problem is, and I pointed this out to him..... his son-in-law is working illegally. "ohh, but he pays taxes and files his tax returns". Yeah, well, when you get denied, dont' say I didn't warn you.

Yeah, it sounds like they might have found him guilty of visa fraud and have given him thirty days to comply with a deportation order. It'll be interesting to see if there are ANY grounds for him to appeal. I rather doubt it...

Lawyers truly complicate things. As most/all of us know here, it's far better to educate oneself about the process and go from there.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

I would guess he is. They don't take visa fraud lightly. Has the mother phoned the lawyer yet?

And yes, no WAY would anyone (other than my hubby) get to open USCIS mail before me.

Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.