The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Speaking of loonies, there was a bug in the office today and I was trying to describe it to a couple of my coworkers. I momentarily forgot where I was and said, "It's like the size of a loonie!!" I got some interesting stares until the one girl finally said, "What the hell is a loonie?" :lol:

I keep one in the bottom of my purse. Not really sure why... Good luck perhaps? :)

LOL @ the loonie. That's a good idea to carry them around! I should've bought one of those key chains that has the loonie or toonie in it

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I keep a loonie taped to my bed alarm clock!! Before every exam in school- i would tap it for good luck!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Timeline

I worked for a company that wrote transaction software for the US Credit and Debit systems, unless its changed, at the time, all Debit cards were a dual use Credit/Debit card. You could only tie one account to your debit card, not all the accounts you like, and it was a special Debit account, higher fees, zero interest. Also the ubiquity of the debit system down there cant even touch the penetration of interac. Its similar yes, but nowhere near the same sad.gif

Totally. mad.gif

Speaking of loonies, there was a bug in the office today and I was trying to describe it to a couple of my coworkers. I momentarily forgot where I was and said, "It's like the size of a loonie!!" I got some interesting stares until the one girl finally said, "What the hell is a loonie?" laughing.gif

:lol:

I keep a loonie taped to my bed alarm clock!! Before every exam in school- i would tap it for good luck!

Trying to figure out which is the loonie! :lol:

iagree.gif

I'd tap that.

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:thumbs: lol

Working in a female dominated world (nursing) I have come to the conclusion,women have a much filthier mind then men!! I walk around with a reddened face a lot of the time,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Speaking of accents...

Yesterday Varba and I went to see a house with a new Real Estate agent, since ours is out of town. One of the bathrooms was very "American" so I said we'd have to change that and the agent asked why and i said "Well I'm from Canada" and he said to Varba "Are you from Canada too, you sound like it" LOL

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm heading to Big Lots yay, going to Build A Bear too while we are in Little Rock. THe kids love that place. :dance::dance:

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

We bought an upright freezer today at Lowes, it gets delivered on Wednesday! yay! It'll really help with all the fruits and veggies we're getting from our farm.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I keep wondering if I did the right think in quitting my job.. right now our finances are really tight..

it would have been hard to work around all my doctor's appointments, blood draws,tests etc though...

and I can't really start a new job now because I might need to have surgery in a month or so...

my husband has been trying to pick up a few more hours at work but we are really missing the few extra hundred dollars a month that I brought home...

I was thinking of doing some casual babysitting but hubby said no, he just wants me to concentrate on getting better...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.