The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

so they rescheduled my biopsy for tomorrow... what a great way to spend my Birthday :P

AWWW Marilyn! Hopefully it will be done quick and you can get it over with.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

I went through the same thing when I moved down here Kimbear. Part of it was the transition from a small town to being in a big metro area, and then part of it was going from my older small car to my husbands full size newer car with a lot of power. I was afraid of getting lost, scratching the car, and being in traffic not knowing where I am and where I'm going. Eventually I got over it, but It took a few months to really become comfortable. It may sound weird but after I backed my husbands car into something, I kinda got over it :lol:

You'll get there! It's just going to take some time for you to transition. Maybe after being a passenger driving around the city more you'll become a little more comfortable with the area. Do you have a GPS? That really helped my confidence too. It's a lot harder to get lost when you have a GPS!

Ya i think thats what it is..i lived in a small farm community for the last 5 years, ya know with horses sheep etc up and down the road. I drove from ottawa to montreal every day for work but it was the highway, and work was 3 mins off the hwy. And ppl didn't drive all crazy, they drove cautiously cuz of deer dogs etc in streets.

Here, amg i get all panicky in the car grab the door handle brace myself when david hits the breaks. To me i'ts as if they are all crazy drivers! :rofl: I"m not used to having to drive defensively like this.

David has mentioned a GPS to me, but i thought you had to have a subscription or something along with it, or it wont update with construction info etc? Maybe i'll look into that more.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

so they rescheduled my biopsy for tomorrow... what a great way to spend my Birthday :P

good luck today girl...I'll be thinking of you. Hopefully it's quick!

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

David has mentioned a GPS to me, but i thought you had to have a subscription or something along with it, or it wont update with construction info etc? Maybe i'll look into that more.

Most of them have an optional subscription service. But seriously, how often to they build new roads or highways? I think you're good for the next decade or two. :lol: If you are going to buy one, I would avoid a TomTom like the plague. They have a "known issue" with them where any highway with a zero in the number gets pronounced as "West". So for example, the 405 freeway will be said "take the Four west Five highway north". My sister and I got my mom one for her birthday, and my father has been fighting them for 8 months to fix the thing. The best response they've given is "this is a known issue and we're working on it, but we would suggest that you get our subscription service and MAYBE it will fix it, but no, we can't refund your subscription if it doesn't". :bonk:

Filed: Timeline

Haha. That reminds me of driving in Canada with one last month. My Nuvi told me to take the "Cue". I'm like.... huh.gif . So when I looked at the screen I could see "Qew" in upper and lower case letters. :lol: Travelling in another direction it told me to take the QEW and said it properly. The letters were all in upper case. It also has a problem with left and right. It will tell you something is on one side of the road when it is on the other. It also has a hard time distinguishing between Walmart and Target and Wendy's vs McDonald's. Looking forward to an interactive version that you can correct. lol

iagree.gif

Haha. That reminds me of driving in Canada with one last month. My Nuvi told me to take the "Cue". I'm like.... huh.gif . So when I looked at the screen I could see "Qew" in upper and lower case letters. :lol: Travelling in another direction it told me to take the QEW and said it properly. The letters were all in upper case. It also has a problem with left and right. It will tell you something is on one side of the road when it is on the other. It also has a hard time distinguishing between Walmart and Target and Wendy's vs McDonald's. Looking forward to an interactive version that you can correct. lol

We have a Garmin that does that too! You wouldn't believe the amount of times it told us to turn left, when it should have been right. We were even late for a funeral because of that! lol...

Plus...when we were looking for our hotel one night...it told us to do this complete drive around the block, and all we needed to do was drive straight down the street a bit...do a u-turn...and there it would be. ( we couldn't see the hotel sign from were we were, that's why we didn't do it) and there wasn't any thing written to say no u-turns weren't allowed!

I think Tim wanted to throw it out the window on that trip :lol:

Otherwise, except for the odd glitch or two, it's come in quite handy!

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Happy Birthday Marilyn, hope your day isn't too awful! What a way to spend your birthday. Good luck!

Happy Birthday!! I hope all goes well with you, and you feel up to eating a piece of cake later...

I remember my 35th b'day...spent it getting female surgery :lol:..

*sure didn't want cake..but sleep was good!* ...oh...and the demorol they gave me...:P

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.