The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

I've never plucked my eyebrows. However, I am blonde, so you can't see them anyway, really.

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I always think of "shrug" as a rude and dismissive response. (Not saying your response was rude, Mal.... just saying that's how I think of it.) Kind of like the people who think :thumbs: is being rude and condescending when I see it as a smilie that says "I agree." :lol:

*shrug*

:P

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I always think of "shrug" as a rude and dismissive response. (Not saying your response was rude, Mal.... just saying that's how I think of it.) Kind of like the people who think :thumbs: is being rude and condescending when I see it as a smilie that says "I agree." :lol:

Hrm.. I've never posted *shrug* in a dismissive or rude way. I just use it in the sense of, "Well, that's how I do it, so yeah....".

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just remember...nothing runs like a Deere!

i found a few of those, about $200-300 more and poor reviews.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline
*shrug*

:P

lol

Hrm.. I've never posted *shrug* in a dismissive or rude way. I just use it in the sense of, "Well, that's how I do it, so yeah....".

Yeah.... that's how I thought you were saying it. :)

I've shaved off someones eyebrows when they're passed out though... haha that was good times.

OMG. U bad. My friend's sister used to do stuff like that.... shave half their eyebrows off and paint their nails (guys) and shaving cream and makeup and stuff. She'd say "Don't get drunk and pass out or I'll yabba-dabba-do-ya." :lol: She was bad too.

iagree.gif

Timeline

Yea... haha. I wrote all over this guys face with a sharpie, shaved his eyebrows, and then woke him up and told him the cops were coming and that we had to run. So he got up off of my friends couch and ran out of the apartment, he had NO clue his face looked the way it did either.

He walked all the way to downtown North Bay at 8:00 am looking the way he did and went to a restaurant to try to buy a cup of coffee... :rofl:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
I'm probably the only bride in the world that never had a facial before her wedding :lol: I didn't even wear any makeup. My hair was done by two friends, ( so that was nice and cheap.. :lol:) And I've NEVER had my eyebrows done.

I had hoped to at least get a manicure done, but ran out of time!

Actually, haven't had one of those done in over 20 years. Never had a facial, pedicure or massage....

Ok..I'll stop crying now.. :cry:

I didn't do a facial either for my wedding. Did my own hair, makeup and nails. Turned out fine. :-)

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Timeline

Yeah, Sprails and Mal...

I actually did not start doing anything with my eyebrows until I was about 24. I actually didn't even start shaving my legs and stuff 'til then!

:}

I was a bit of a hippy wild-child!

But I realize that if I keep my eyebrows trimmed, I never have to wear any makeup which is fine by me!

I used to pluck my eyebrows when I was about 14, but I almost ruined them permanently. So, meh. lol
Edited by lgg

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline
I always go for quality over price. I look at it this way. If I need to replace a cheaper product in a few years, or have to keep repairing it, how much have I really saved?

That's my motto too. That's why I own expensive Henkel knives...had them since I was twelve when I was working illegally as child labor cutting up fruits in factory. Still works great 23 years later.

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Timeline
Yeah, Sprails and Mal...

I actually did not start doing anything with my eyebrows until I was about 24. I actually didn't even start shaving my legs and stuff 'til then!

:}

I was a bit of a hippy wild-child!

But I realize that if I keep my eyebrows trimmed, I never have to wear any makeup which is fine by me!

I was the same way. I was a late bloomer when it came to girly things and I still am.

I'm 31 and I still don't even know how to apply make up right... :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.