The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

I bought Grand Theft Auto for the DS today... :blush:

Also bought a game program called Hotel Dusk: Room 215. It's supposed to be an excellent, intelligent mystery ga... program. It was only $7, since it was used, and only the cartridge. That doesn't bother me in the least.

Edited by Wyatt's Torch

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I bought Grand Theft Auto for the DS today... :blush:

Also bought a game program called Hotel Dusk: Room 215. It's supposed to be an excellent, intelligent mystery ga... program. It was only $7, since it was used, and only the cartridge. That doesn't bother me in the least.

new games are always fun. used ones for cheap are even better. :thumbs:

As for your eyebrows ... It really depends on how they looked before. As for myself, now that I know what they look like after some shaping, there's no way I'd go back to au natural. I only get them shaped every few months, I take care of them on my own the rest of time.

My wife constantly marvels at my eyebrows...she says they're perfect. She was utterly convinced that I'd "had them done" professionally. The truth? I pluck scraggly eyebrow hairs out with my fingernails...simple as that! I always have, which has probably caused them to grow back thicker and straighter. I call it "manusculpture". :P

I can't imagine feeling the need to have work done on a regular basis. I can understand it on some level, but in another way it's completely foreign to me!

new games are always fun. used ones for cheap are even better. :thumbs:

Yeah, I'm just still coming to terms with the fact that it's perfectly okay for me to be a thirty-year-old man and play games on a Nintendo. Just a minor psychological thing, that's all. :P

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Good morning everyone! I'm having huge internet problems this morning, with the signal going in and out, so this might be my first, and last posting for the morning! :lol: Enjoy your day everyone!

coffee_02_bg_040306.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

got the coffee posted, that's the important thing, carla :)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I went for a cosmetic facial today. I wasn't really looking forward to it... and for a reason. I have NEVER EVER done a single thing to my eyebrows. NEVER. She ended up threading them, oh my god that was so painful. I was almost crying. She even took out my blackheads and whiteheads. That was very very painful too. The rest of it was comfortable though.

I'm not sure if I should keep up with my eyebrows or just let them grow back. I really don't know.

I'm probably the only bride in the world that never had a facial before her wedding :lol: I didn't even wear any makeup. My hair was done by two friends, ( so that was nice and cheap.. :lol:) And I've NEVER had my eyebrows done.

I had hoped to at least get a manicure done, but ran out of time!

Actually, haven't had one of those done in over 20 years. Never had a facial, pedicure or massage....

Ok..I'll stop crying now.. :cry:

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Take a pic and give us a before pic and we will make a poll!! :hehe:

Oh do it!! :lol:

Sorry Rhiann but I have yet to meet a person I thought should just leave their eyebrows au natural :hehe:

God I love Top Gear. :lol:

:D me too! So... we both love Top Gear and Dog the Bounty Hunter. I think we're soul mates cat... just throwing that out there.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am a big fan of eyebrow threading, so much better than waxing.

I went and got my eyebrows waxed on saturday as a matter of fact and the woman screwed them up royally. She said she could fix them and I just got up and said: "No, you can't!" and I didn't pay for it. Apparently this girl was new, but still.. you have to have basic skills to do aesthetics. This woman seemed unsure from the get go.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I am a big fan of eyebrow threading, so much better than waxing.

I went and got my eyebrows waxed on saturday as a matter of fact and the woman screwed them up royally. She said she could fix them and I just got up and said: "No, you can't!" and I didn't pay for it. Apparently this girl was new, but still.. you have to have basic skills to do aesthetics. This woman seemed unsure from the get go.

I also heard that waxing is bad for the skin cells around your eyebrows -- the wax just doesnt remove unwanted hair, it also removes skin so over time, your eyes will lose elasticity and droop. Not so sure if that is the real explanation to it. Anyway Ive always had mine threaded but I have yet to find one who will do it beautifully here.

I personally think trimming/gromming one's eyebrows is the fastest, easiest way to brighten up one's face. It does get expensive as I have to do mine every month or two -- they just dont remove the unwanted hair, they shape the brows and trim the length of it too.

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: Timeline

I find waxing here (in the US) very expensive.

I used to have my eyebrows (and other areas.... lol) waxed regularly. I started about 30 years ago. After a while I needed to go less and less because the hair just wasn't growing back. I stopped going altogether about 15-18 years ago. There is no need anymore. I get a random hair once in a while.... but that's it. My girlfriend told her aesthetician about it and she said it happens sometimes.

I'm happy about it. Oh. And my eyes haven't drooped! :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

:lol:

Yeah, I would hazard a guess that drooping has more to do with aging than waxing, but who knows, it probably gives the skin quite a yank! I have never had anyone else actually shape my brows, I have always done them myself.

Speaking of pulling on your skin, everytime someone on TV is crying and they pull the skin under their eyes to wipe away the tears/makeup I usually end up shouting nooooo don't pull on your skin like that

Thanks for the coffee Carla!

Oh and Mike went and looked at another foreclosure yesterday, they are selling it quite cheap. The interesting thing is, whomever walked away from it had started a major bathroom renovation - they decided it would be a good idea to have about 1/4 of the entire house (it's only 900 sq ft) as a 'super' bathroom. Soaker jet tub, toilet, sink and new shower stall.

No problem except at that square footage there is nothing left but a bedroom that might fit a single bed.

I don't know if we want to take on this project or not, thinking about it, which is why I am up so early.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

:lol:

The other weird thing (of many things), in the basement there is a bathtub that is on a platform about 3 feet high - for no particular reason - I just said 'I don't want to know'.

Oh and the 'super bathroom' (makes me laugh everytime I say that) - it is not the only bathroom, there is another toilet/sink off the kitchen. 900 sq ft, 1.5 baths and no real bedroom.

One can only imagine they had been watching too much 'flip this house' - while drinking. Hey Joe, we can do that!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.