The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got out of the shower and the front door was open. I`ve been trying to get a hold of Mathew but of course he`s in the lab and wont see my emails until he checks it. :(

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Very scary Kayla, did you notice anything out of place. Did you call someone or anyone from somewhere safe. Have em check things out with you.

Hopefully all is good and it was just the wind that blew open the door.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Very scary Kayla, did you notice anything out of place. Did you call someone or anyone from somewhere safe. Have em check things out with you.

Hopefully all is good and it was just the wind that blew open the door.

I finally did get a hold of Mathew and he swears he locked the door this morning. I checked everything and nothing seems to be out of place. Whoever it was must have noticed that someone was home and left too quickly to close the door. Mathew said it`s the first time anything like this has happened, even with him being gone for the whole month last year.

Luckily it`s only a 4 room apartment. Kitchen, bedroom, living room and bathroom. So small that within 30 seconds you can guarantee no one is in here. I just hope there isn`t a repeat....

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Will be interesting to hear your views on having a security system, feeling more secure or just hassled turning it off and on :lol:

The one that is installed here is Voxcom, although it isn't monitored now, it does have a time display and shows if a door or window is open :hehe:

Huggles, let us know how you like the security system. The first week or two I would probably have the alarm going off accidentally ALOT.

oh yeah, they are definitely a pain sometimes. My in laws had one up in Denver, so I got really used to operating it. Bill has had one his whole life, so it was important to him that we eventually have one installed, it just happens that a good deal on one surfaced right away. They do a lot of weird things... at my in laws place they put the motion censors on the wall against the ceiling but they have really tall ceilings... and I was too short to set the alarm off. I found that hilarious! They accidentally set it while I was home one day and I expected it to go off as soon as I got out of bed, but I got up and walked around the house and nothing happened. The only time I set it off was when I locked myself out and had to break in :lol:

Congrats on the new job Minnie! :)

I just had my first ever phone interview, kinda neat. The woman used to live in Edmonton and is married to a Canadian. I guess they went through the IR-1 process to get him here, so we rambled about that for a while. It was nice not having to defend my Canadian experience and education, to her it was all in the same. She said she'll call back in a few days if they want to do an in person interview, so hopefully they do.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so the hubster might be starting day shift sooner then we thought... he was talking to the lead man on day shift yesterday and told him he got the shift.. the lead man told him he could start whenever he wanted to but my hubby told him what the other guy had said about filling his current position first and the lead man said something like, "well we will see about that"... so who knows maybe next week he could start day shift...

they have already made him wait a month and half.. they haven't done this to anyone else who moved from swing shift to day shift...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Congrats to you and your husband, that's great news!!!

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Timeline

At least it's not a whole new furnace T-mix!

The ADT guy is here. Apparently it's going to take 4-5 hours?! I was expecting a team, but its one dude...

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so today I finally canceled my BIL's Sirius account that we were paying for.. I told hubby that I would give his brother until the end of March to reactivate my hubby's cell phone which hasn't happened yet... so that is 2 months we have paid for his satellite and we haven't gotten anything in return.. grrr.. of course hubby protested a little saying that he hasn't talked to his brother yet and I told him you had 2 months, you could have sent him an email ...:P

when I called to cancel the lady was like , well would you put off canceling if we gave you one month's free subscription and I said no and then she said 2 months free and I again said no :P but finally she canceled it.. YAY!

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

At least it's not a whole new furnace T-mix!

The ADT guy is here. Apparently it's going to take 4-5 hours?! I was expecting a team, but its one dude...

Wow! Yeah I suppose it would be that long for one guy, lots of wiring to do. I took off the cover on a cold air return the other day and there is a speaker in there, like a white plastic thing - I suspect it is an alarm - I cleaned the cover and just put it back on lol

It's my Husband's birthday, I said, tell the furnace man, maybe he will give you a discount :hehe:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Kayla I am glad that you are okay! Hope that it was just a mistake or Mathew just accidentally forgot to lock the door, etc. I hope that nothing happens to you and Mathew. *hugs*

I took my spring/summer clothes from the basement and hauled all of them up two flights of spiral stairs. I almost fell and I think I somewhat hurt my back, but I am finally reunited with my clothes!!! I am so excited for the summer, having had such a horrible winter...

Anyway now I just have to fix the basement as it functions as the "trash" room for both of us :P

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I actually got an FU letter the other day. It was actually quite amusing! It was very generic and then at the end it said that the person they hired has 15 years more experience then I do. Ok then! 15 years. Well good for you! Can't really argue with those numbers!

I got one the day after I sent in my resume to a job that I was qualified for and all she said was, "You were not selected." Uhm.. thanks?

so it is official.. the hubster got day shift!! :dance:

someone from HR called him this morning to ask if he wanted to accept the position and he said, "yes, of course!" ..lol

it still might be a few weeks before he starts though..

in other news I finally got an appointment with another surgeon but the soonest he can see me is April 6th.. the lady did ask me if I was in pain and I told the truth that I wasn't in pain.. I don't feel great but I am not in pain...

I am SO glad for you both, Marilyn! That is so exciting. :)

Will be interesting to hear your views on having a security system, feeling more secure or just hassled turning it off and on :lol:

The one that is installed here is Voxcom, although it isn't monitored now, it does have a time display and shows if a door or window is open :hehe:

We have a security system here - I do feel more secure because if the doors are opened, the alarm goes off immediately (on the proper setting) and the company tries to contact you through the alarm control box.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

So just checking in since it's been a while since I've been able to post anything!

Work has been going great! Lots of training, and listening to actual calls with a mentor. Those have been interesting :lol:

This will be the end of week 2 of training.

Hubby found out what kind of raise he got. Almost 4%, which is higher than the average employee received, plus he got a $5000 bonus! Half went to company stock, and the other half he'll get inbetween paychecks which will be nice.

It's nice to be able to not worry about how kills are going to get paid.

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

It's nice to be able to not worry about how kills are going to get paid.

So...um...what kind of work does your husband do again? :huh:

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

MY HUSBAND GOT A JOB!

He's working at Kohls, he got the job through an old boss at Target that's working at that Kohls, 9 dollars an hour!

:dance:

Edited by Rhiannercakes

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.