The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
So the Oscars are over, Avatar got its butt kicked by Hurt Locker... I've never even heard of the movie.

They also took the very first best director won by a female.

I think it's time to look into this movie.

I was thinking the same thing

I thought the Oscars were pretty good this year.. they seemed to keep it moving along pretty quickly...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

I only saw the last 45 minutes of the Oscars, but it was good.

I was actually really surprised that Sandra Bullock's never been nominated for an Oscar!

I thought after all these years she would have been.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

I skipped the Oscars tonight for the first time in several years...mainly because I was disappointed in the crop of movies in 2009. I've seen most of the nominated films, and I suppose of all of them The Hurt Locker was the most deserving...though I would have liked to have seen Inglourious Basterds get it. Not that it was a GREAT movie, but it was good enough to win. I'm quite happy that Avatar didn't win any of the major awards. It was a good movie for spectacle...but not for depth etc.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Good morning everyone. What a wonderful morning it is when I read that Krikit's back, and that her Mom is progressing. Know that we were all thinking of you here and we're hoping for continued improvement! I didn't watch the Oscars last night...don't know that I have in the last 10 years. Way too long for me, and too much yakking.

Enjoy your day everyone!

Coffeet.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Not to echo everyone here, but, it's wonderful to have you back temporarily Krikit. You've most definitely been missed.

Glad to hear that your Mom is progressing, may things turn around for you quite soon. (F)

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Filed: Timeline

Ohmygosh. You guys are all so NICE!!!! Thank you so much. :luv:

I'm saving up my Marriott points to trade for a large flat-panel TV. I have enough to get a standard flat-panel for the guest bedroom..... maybe I'll use the points for that because my husband is chomping at the bit for his big one. :lol: Poor guy. He's being really good about being abandoned at a really bad time.

So I am waiting for him to call to tell me if he can take me to the airport this afternoon or not. Can't call a limo company until I know. I've given him a 9:00am deadline. lol

iagree.gif

Hi Krikit! Welcome back, Varba and I have missed you!

We're glad your mum is doing better.

We are also excited for your move to DC :) We'll maybe get to meet you soon!

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Timeline

Thanks, Peachey! I seem to be somewhat occupied for a bit <_< but I'm looking forward to a get-together. I was hoping to make the Canada Day celebrations at the Canadian Embassy this year but I'll be back in Canada for my daughter's bridal shower. Oh! I saw the Canadian Embassy last week! It's right around the corner from my husband's office. OMG. I drove my husband to his new office as he had to meet with some people for a bit. He made me come inside and I hadn't prepared myself for that! I at least would have made a little bit of effort in my appearance. :bonk: Holy security to get inside, Batman! Anyway, he and his co-worker took me round to meet everyone, including his bosses and the Regional Directors who just happened to be meeting there that day. I punched both of them in the arm and told them they owed me for putting me in that situation. His co-worker told me it was payback for winning the Gold in hockey. :lol:

Ugh. Still waiting for my husband to call to tell me whether he can take me to the airport or not. :(

iagree.gif

Wheee! My Xpresspost envelope is in the mail! :dance:

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Missed you Krikit! Glad to hear your mum is doing better :)

At least the weather in NoVA has been nice...going to be close to or at 60deg all this week.

Only thing that scares me is that March has come in like a Lamb, and people have told me that the Almanac has predicted a nasty March.... :unsure:

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Missed you Krikit! Glad to hear your mum is doing better :)

At least the weather in NoVA has been nice...going to be close to or at 60deg all this week.

Only thing that scares me is that March has come in like a Lamb, and people have told me that the Almanac has predicted a nasty March.... :unsure:

I don't know about Almanac's but it' really cold this morning in Calgary. I feel like a Popsicle.

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Dear Krikit...

I am sending you good vibes. I hope you're doing as well as you can considering...

:luv:

LGG

Good morning everyone. Thanks for your well wishes and prayers. My Mum is progressing. She's not doing great, but she's progressing. She had open heart surgery to repair a large hole in her heart caused by the attack. She also had a bypass. The surgeon said he repaired it as best he could but, due to the extent of the damage, he didn't believe she'd survive. But she's a fighter and is hanging in there. She spent the first week in ICU, the second week on the cardiac surgical floor, and this past week on the rehab floor. They think she may be released by next weekend..... they'll see how it goes.

I was told to take the first flight to Toronto because there wasn't much hope, so I did that hoping I would see her alive one last time. I can't even begin to describe how much of a nightmare it all was. I was the first point of contact so took on the incoming and outgoing phonecalls. I did not sleep (literally) for two whole days as I was dealing with different time zones. And, of course, your brain doesn't shut off just because your body is exhausted. I went straight to the hospital from the airport. The surgery was something like 6 or 7 hours..... which is a veritable lifetime when you have nothing to do but reflect. Waiting for the surgeon to bring you the outcome...... you are too scared to visit the restroom or get a coffee in case you miss him. You have no idea if he is coming to tell you she survived or he couldn't save her.

Anyway, once she was stabilized and out of ICU, I returned to Florida to meet with the real estate agent and then fly to DC to look for a house. We got back late Thursday and I have been running around with various appointments and prepping the Florida house for sale or rent before I fly back to Toronto tomorrow. I'll stay two weeks then back to Fla to pack up the house and drive the cars up to DC. We'll be in temporary housing because we weren't able to find anything suitable on our trip. I may have to abandon further house or apartment hunting to my husband because my Dad wants me to come back, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

Sorry I can't catch up on anything at the moment..... still have lots to do before I leave. I hope all is well with everyone.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I saw Alice in Wonderland this weekend and I actually liked it. I thought that the 3D was subdued, which I liked. I think it can be a little overwhealming and with it being a new technology, the temptation to overdo it is certainly strong. I went in with low expectations. Having seen Tim Burton movies, I know that they are eithr going to be dark, or a movie you need to be completely stoned to understand. I didn't expect the movie to be in-depth, or overly analytical. It was subtle, and I liked how they blended elements of both books. I think a vast majority of the people who were in the theatre I was in had never read Through The Looking Glass and were missing some of the references. I didn't realize that movie was rated G.

Welcome back Krikit :)

Edited by Rob and Mel

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I only saw the last 45 minutes of the Oscars, but it was good.

I was actually really surprised that Sandra Bullock's never been nominated for an Oscar!

I thought after all these years she would have been.

Really? Have you seen her previous movies?? They were never really Oscar worthy. :P

So the Oscars are over, Avatar got its butt kicked by Hurt Locker... I've never even heard of the movie.

They also took the very first best director won by a female.

I think it's time to look into this movie.

Hurt locker was excellent... amazing!

But I still think avatar was better. I was surprised.

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.