The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Thanks everyone. :)

I was watching the Today show in DC and they were saying how the Olympic mittens were all sold out but they managed to get some for Oprah and they showed her, all excited, wearing them. :lol: We can still get the Olympic mittens in Oakville, though, if anyone really wants them. I'll check and see if they're still in stock on Tuesday if you want me to pick some up. Also, the Toronto airport (Pearson) had a bunch of Olympic items in their shops, so you could check your local international airport. (YYZ only has shops on the gate side, but YVR's shops are in the main area so you don't have to actually get on a flight. lol) No mittens, though. I almost picked up an Olympic toque for my husband but changed my mind. I now have a request from him for an Olympic toque. :blush:

Oh! I forgot to mention that my husband's father was taken to hospital during this crazy time, also. He recuperated and was out in a few days, though. Thank God.

Okay, off to Target. Have to pick up a few requests from the Canadians. LOL. Ciao!

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so my hubby finally had his interview for day shift last Thursday.. the person told him that he will let him know if he got it by Tuesday or Wednesday this week...

I am keeping everything crossed...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Chris and I were going over our taxes and reminiscing about certain expenditures. Then he found his $3000 phone bill for the month of March 2006 when we were first talking. He lived on this small island with no cell coverage, and he wasn't aware that calls to Canada cost $1.20min with AP&T. I remember the night he got home and opened that phone bill. He said he couldn't afford a plane ticket to Edmonton for a while. :rofl:

Chris and I were going over our taxes and reminiscing about certain expenditures. Then he found his $3000 phone bill for the month of March 2006 when we were first talking. He lived on this small island with no cell coverage, and he wasn't aware that calls to Canada cost $1.20min with AP&T. I remember the night he got home and opened that phone bill. He said he couldn't afford a plane ticket to Edmonton for a while. :rofl:

Funny you should say that! Last night I happened to be looking at my invoicing history with my phone / internet provider...and the first month that my wife and I were talking on the phone cost $300 on the CHEAP long distance plan!

That's only a tenth of $3000 though... :blink: Wowza...

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks everyone. :)

I was watching the Today show in DC and they were saying how the Olympic mittens were all sold out but they managed to get some for Oprah and they showed her, all excited, wearing them. :lol: We can still get the Olympic mittens in Oakville, though, if anyone really wants them. I'll check and see if they're still in stock on Tuesday if you want me to pick some up. Also, the Toronto airport (Pearson) had a bunch of Olympic items in their shops, so you could check your local international airport. (YYZ only has shops on the gate side, but YVR's shops are in the main area so you don't have to actually get on a flight. lol) No mittens, though. I almost picked up an Olympic toque for my husband but changed my mind. I now have a request from him for an Olympic toque. :blush:

Oh! I forgot to mention that my husband's father was taken to hospital during this crazy time, also. He recuperated and was out in a few days, though. Thank God.

Okay, off to Target. Have to pick up a few requests from the Canadians. LOL. Ciao!

Oh geez Krikit! (F)

I'm glad to hear your mom is getting better and I hope you are holding up!!

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Timeline

Welcome back Krikit! Glad that your mom has stabilized for now. Please let me know if there's anything I can do from Maryland... at least with the DC moving part :P

So today we finally got a new television. Neither hubby nor I have ever bought a new TV -- the one we have in our house belonged to his grandfather, who was getting rid of it bec he bought a new Vizio :P We have been saving up for this TV for a year and have had the money to do so but just never did... until today! My husband was soooo happy. He was so careful to put the TV in the trunk and even drove ever so carefully so it wont shift while turning. I told him, I bet if it shifted while turning, you would demand I climb in the trunk to hold it down :lol: So now, am just waiting for him to finish installing our blinds in the first floor, then the TV next... and the in-laws are coming downtown to hang out a bit. Busy, busy Sunday!

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Timeline

We have 2 Vizio's and rather impressed on the quality of the picture as the price of the TV was great! Bought ours from Costco and the pic was superior --in my mind--to the higher priced sets that were next to it.

Hope for a speedy recovery for ur mother Krikit.

Edited by Flames9_RN

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
We have 2 Vizio's and rather impressed on the quality of the picture as the price of the TV was great! Bought ours from Costco and the pic was superior --in my mind--to the higher priced sets that were next to it.

We got a Vizio from Costco too! It wasnt very expensive and definitely fits in our super tiny bedroom :)

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Timeline
We got a Vizio from Costco too! It wasnt very expensive and definitely fits in our super tiny bedroom :)

Best thing about costco--extends ur warranty by 1 yr--and u can return it within 90 days for refund, no questions asked!!!

Damn Dell sucks,lol Bought a camera for wife for Xmas and she decided she didnt like it, ok,cool, but one only has 19 days to return/exchange it!! I explained it was an Xmas present, so it wasn't even opened yet, nope, didnt matter, oh well,lol I try and buy all my electronics from Costco

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

We got one too from Costco for the bedroom. Works great! :thumbs:

We don't have a flat screen and probably wont for a few years because of money problems, I feel so left out. :lol:

I do agree though, Visio tv's are really really nice. I watch them at Costco sometimes and I'd probably buy one myself.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

So the Oscars are over, Avatar got its butt kicked by Hurt Locker... I've never even heard of the movie.

They also took the very first best director won by a female.

I think it's time to look into this movie.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.