The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Yea it's very G rated. My son is 11 and he was disappointed but he enjoys most of Tim Burtons other works... there was a part at the end, I won't mention it, but you'll know what I am talking about... when it happened it brought my 6 out of 10 down to a 4.

It was just CHEESY.

Such a bummer.

At least I'll be going in there with low expectations... so I might be pleasantly surprised.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Pic of my Dog Anna in front of the Wheeling WV Tim hortons!! Total of 13 hrs from the time I left till I got back to the DC area,lol Don't think I'l be doing that trip again anytime soon!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

This may sound silly, but I'm sort of worried.

I'm sure everyone here knows Sara, the one who waited 2 years for her NOA2, her profile says her visa journey is done and no where I can find that she got approved.

I've been following her pretty much ever since I got here, I just hope it hasnt ended sadly for her..

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline
Pic of my Dog Anna in front of the Wheeling WV Tim hortons!! Total of 13 hrs from the time I left till I got back to the DC area,lol Don't think I'l be doing that trip again anytime soon!

Oh she is pretty!

What kind of dog is she? do you know?

Edited by kizza

AoS Process

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Such a bummer.

At least I'll be going in there with low expectations... so I might be pleasantly surprised.

Yea I guess I had high expectations, again some people loved it, I just didn't.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Oh she is pretty!

What kind of dog is she? do you know?

A mutt,lol Got her from a rescue. They called her a Minature Spitz! She isnt that, she is just a mutt and my best bud!! Even though she much prefers my wife,lol

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
A mutt,lol Got her from a rescue. They called her a Minature Spitz! She isnt that, she is just a mutt and my best bud!! Even though she much prefers my wife,lol

Is she tiny? I couldnt tell from the photo.

I have a mutt from the shelter too. They said golden x husky but I think he is a golden x border collie. He is the best dog! :luv:

I am dogsitting this week and my friends' dog makes me realise how awesome mine is! (I wont tell them that! lol)

AoS Process

event.png

Timeline
Yea I guess I had high expectations, again some people loved it, I just didn't.

yeah I was reading reviews and although some people thought it was wonderful, the majority seemed to think it was boring and Burton could have done much better.

meh... we'll see. I know I'll go see it anyway, cuz I've always loved Alice in Wonderland, and I like most of Burtons movies, but I'll do as you said and skip the Imax 3D.

AoS Process

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

So yesterday we drove all the way to Malibu, about an hour and half trip, to go eat at the Chinese restaurant we found there last summer.. but when we get there we see there is brown paper covering all the windows and we realized that the place is shut down :( I was so bummed.. the food there was soooo good!!

so we ended up driving down to the Santa Monica pier and we ate at Bubba Gump's.. the food was pretty good, just a little pricey... but we had a great view of the ocean :)

We then walked around the pier for awhile..

all in all it was a nice day :)

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
So yesterday we drove all the way to Malibu, about an hour and half trip, to go eat at the Chinese restaurant we found there last summer.. but when we get there we see there is brown paper covering all the windows and we realized that the place is shut down :( I was so bummed.. the food there was soooo good!!

so we ended up driving down to the Santa Monica pier and we ate at Bubba Gump's.. the food was pretty good, just a little pricey... but we had a great view of the ocean :)

is that bubba gumps by where the cruise ships depart??? I ate their once!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
is that bubba gumps by where the cruise ships depart??? I ate their once!!

no, this is the one on the Santa Monica pier

I think the one you went to was in Long Beach

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
no, this is the one on the Santa Monica pier

I think the one you went to was in Long Beach

yep ur correct!!

Timeline
Is she tiny? I couldnt tell from the photo.

I have a mutt from the shelter too. They said golden x husky but I think he is a golden x border collie. He is the best dog! :luv:

I am dogsitting this week and my friends' dog makes me realise how awesome mine is! (I wont tell them that! lol)

no she isnt tiny! Weighs in at 30lbs, 18 inches high or so!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That sounds like an amazing day Marilyn!

"So we drove to Malibu.." I mean that's awesome to me!

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.