The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I know... I was looking up recipe just to see if there was anything special out there for a good gourmet milkshake and all that came up was that stupid song. I hate that song. :angry:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I know... I was looking up recipe just to see if there was anything special out there for a good gourmet milkshake and all that came up was that stupid song. I hate that song. :angry:

Speaking of awful songs. This lady whose cubicle is close enough to my office that I had to not only hear that putrid song "Hey There Delilah", but I had to listen to her sing along to it. To make matters worse, the song that followed was a Black Eyed Peas song. For my money, I don't think there are any less intelligent lyrics out there than the Black Eyed Peas. But to hear a woman in her late 40's try to rap is just painful.

Timeline
Speaking of awful songs. This lady whose cubicle is close enough to my office that I had to not only hear that putrid song "Hey There Delilah", but I had to listen to her sing along to it. To make matters worse, the song that followed was a Black Eyed Peas song. For my money, I don't think there are any less intelligent lyrics out there than the Black Eyed Peas. But to hear a woman in her late 40's try to rap is just painful.

:lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

YAY :) Congrats.

Are you guys still going to the air show in Reading? I'm trying to convince Varba to go this year.

Thanks everyone! :)

Yes, I still will be attending the Reading AirShow, but only on the Saturday right now. Saturday is the busiest day anyway...just hope it doesn't rain :D

Hope you can make it! We're usually the only Canadian group that shows up (there are a couple of other 'Canadian' individuals there) :)

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

glad to see carla back, we've not seen much coffee around here during her absence.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I'm thinking about taking up Crochet or Knitting.

Does anyone know which one's more practical in making things like hats, mittens, other things like that?

I would like to make hats one day, but I dont want to learn the wrong thing, unless both methods can have the same result?

Input is appreciated :D

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline
I'm thinking about taking up Crochet or Knitting.

Does anyone know which one's more practical in making things like hats, mittens, other things like that?

I would like to make hats one day, but I dont want to learn the wrong thing, unless both methods can have the same result?

Input is appreciated :D

I do both. IMO crocheting is a bit easier to learn. You don't have to worry as much about your tension and making a hat is quite easy. I have never crocheted mittens, only knit, and they are a bit tricky.

You should be able to get a basic "How To" book at any craft store. Don't be scared off by knitting though, once you get the hang of it it's a great hobby. Good luck. :)

Edited by OBX

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Congratulations on the job J&K! Best of luck after your interview minnew! Trailmix...I think my next fridge will be a freezer on the bottom one. I love them! I do crocheting Peachy, and a little bit of knitting. I think it's like straight and curly hair! :lol: If you have one skill, you want the other, and vise versa. If you're going to take up one, I'd say knitting....although you can do most things with both, I think knitting does have more things to make with it.

Thanks for all the welcome backs from yesterday! I didn't think I'd be missed. :blush: We had a very relaxing and fun time in and around San Diego. The weather of course was just perfect for us, sunny, and warm. Not hot, not cold. The people were fabulous, and landscape spectacular. We went from whale watching to desert hiking, to mountin tramming. Quite diverse! We're organizing pictures, so I'll post a few in the next few days.

Until then, enjoy your warm cuppa!

dreamstime.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

not miss carla and her coffee? of course we missed you! :luv:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I guess the kitchen is making toast or something because some woman just walked by and said: "I smell burnt toast" and I burst out laughing and then said: "Dr. Penfield... I smell burnt toast!" and she just looked at me, and then I realized... I'm not in Kansas anymore....

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I guess the kitchen is making toast or something because some woman just walked by and said: "I smell burnt toast" and I burst out laughing and then said: "Dr. Penfield... I smell burnt toast!" and she just looked at me, and then I realized... I'm not in Kansas anymore....

Hahaha.

Sorry Sprail, didn't mean to laugh, but I knew what you were talking about and it was funny from my perspective.

Morning everyone, thanks for the coffee wishes Carla! =)

I'm off caffine completely in the mornings now, so I'll pretend it's warm apple cider. Mmmmmmm.

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.