The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The executive chef asked me to order something for one of his kitchen staff who just had surgery so I asked him if he wanted me to send an edible arrangement or flowers. He said an edible arrangement. So I asked him: "What does she like?" and he said: "Some chocolate dipped strawberries..." I was kind of like: "Really?" Sort of odd, but he was like: "Girls love that sort of thing, my wife does" Yea your wife would like that.

So I go to order them and all the chocolate dipped strawberry boxes are kind of under the "Love" category.. not a "get well soon" gift really.

I think it's sort of funny... no I think it's a lot funny! I actually sat here at my desk for a good 10 minutes laughing my ####### off at the entire situation after I ordered them. Yea let's send her some kinky fruity gifts.

:lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
The executive chef asked me to order something for one of his kitchen staff who just had surgery so I asked him if he wanted me to send an edible arrangement or flowers. He said an edible arrangement. So I asked him: "What does she like?" and he said: "Some chocolate dipped strawberries..." I was kind of like: "Really?" Sort of odd, but he was like: "Girls love that sort of thing, my wife does" Yea your wife would like that.

So I go to order them and all the chocolate dipped strawberry boxes are kind of under the "Love" category.. not a "get well soon" gift really.

I think it's sort of funny... no I think it's a lot funny! I actually sat here at my desk for a good 10 minutes laughing my ####### off at the entire situation after I ordered them. Yea let's send her some kinky fruity gifts.

Timeline

:lol: I would be very weirded out if my boss bought me chocolate-dipped strawberries.

Is anyone around this afternoon? Slowwwwwww day at work. Brought myself an issue of Our Canada to read.

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Timeline

Yea I know. I could have stopped it, and just ordered from the get well category, but he suggested chocolate dipped strawberries and I would have ruined the funnies if I didn't order it! :lol: I wouldn't be laughing so hard now, my afternoon would not be complete!

Omg and then on the card I said: "Get well BERRY soon" :rofl:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Omg and then on the card I said: "Get well BERRY soon" :rofl:

:rofl:

CLASSIC!!!

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol: - that's hysterical.

Timeline

I can't stop laughing about it. You know when you try to tell a story and it's so funny you can't even get the words out because you're laughing? This is one of those situations.

Omg and when the chef walks into the office... I laugh so hard I end up crying.

Thank god I'm leaving early today. I have a mad case of the sillies now. Gah.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
I sure get a lot of requests from people to buy stuff off of Amazon because so many things don't ship to Canada. I think I know the entire post office on a first name basis by now because I am always sending packages up there.

I just got another message from someone asking if they can send me something and if I can ship it to them... I should start charging labour fees. :P

Hehehe me too! I am a regular 'postal delivery' address for my brother and for another friend in Canada. They actually buy the stuff but then have it delivered to our house because the seller doesn't want to bother about customs. It used to be a lot cheaper to ship stuff to Canada but now USPS has got rid of International Parcel Post the only option left is First Class International for small stuff or Priority Mail. I've actually found it cheaper in some instances to use UPS instead of USPS. You're right though - I should be charging 'handling fees' as well :D !

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Wow the OT thread was on page 3! :o

So... yeah. I have nothing interesting to say to revive it...

:lol: I know the feeling!

Yesterday we went to Columbia (about an hours drive) to get my DL, but they couldn't do it because my SSN was still in my other name! Grrrr I was so wanting to be able to drive! We had gone to the office to change it back in early January, when I got my EAD, and the guy says it should be about 2 weeks...uh huh...So then we were planning on going to the office Monday to see what's up with it...

Guess what shows up today in the mail??? :blink:

Well....back to Columbia Monday then...The good news though? I had all the right documents, and it's a quick transfer, ( no test or anything ) because my BC DL is still current, and I'll be able to walk out of the office with it that day. Yeah!!! Freedom is right around the corner for me!!! Finally!!! :lol:

Edited by TimandJoyce

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

:lol: I know the feeling!

Yesterday we went to Columbia (about an hours drive) to get my DL, but they couldn't do it because my SSN was still in my other name! Grrrr I was so wanting to be able to drive! We had gone to the office to change it back in early January, when I got my EAD, and the guy says it should be about 2 weeks...uh huh...So then we were planning on going to the office Monday to see what's up with it...

Guess what shows up today in the mail??? :blink:

Well....back to Columbia Monday then...The good news though? I had all the right documents, and it's a quick transfer, ( no test or anything ) because my BC DL is still current, and I'll be able to walk out of the office with it that day. Yeah!!! Freedom is right around the corner for me!!! Finally!!! :lol:

So you actually have to bring your SSN card with you when applying for the DL once it's changed to your married name?

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Timeline

That's a big thing in Colorado too. The SSN needs to match the name you want your license in. When we applied for our marriage license they gave me this booklet on "changing the name on your ID" and on the first page in big bold letters it said, "Go to the SSN office first, not the DMV!" :lol: I guess its nice they spell it out to you.

Good news Joyce! Hopefully getting your license will be easy! I was pretty happy when I was finally able to get my CO state license. I only had an Ontario G2 but they gave me a full license without even a written test.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just wanted to throw in my experience with the DL and SSN because I had to deal with those agencies this week. UGH. Both refuse to give me either a full driver's license (I have a temp one that expires in 45 days) or a new SSN with my married name, because I had a SSN in my maiden name. So both are saying wait til immigration updates you (ie. makes it known for all the US agencies that me as the married person and me as the single person, are one and the same). But will that happen??? We shall see...

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Timeline
Just wanted to throw in my experience with the DL and SSN because I had to deal with those agencies this week. UGH. Both refuse to give me either a full driver's license (I have a temp one that expires in 45 days) or a new SSN with my married name, because I had a SSN in my maiden name. So both are saying wait til immigration updates you (ie. makes it known for all the US agencies that me as the married person and me as the single person, are one and the same). But will that happen??? We shall see...

I don't know if you followed all my DL issues at all, but in the end that was my problem. USCIS never updated their system with my new information, meaning me in my married name didn't exist, only me in my maiden name existed. Even after receiving my GC, talking to the officer at my immigration interview about having the "system" updated and having my information ran through SAVE twice they still couldn't figure it out. I ended up having to make an Infopass appointment and have an IO go into their computer and manually update my information in order to accomplish anything. Pretty frustrating! Hopefully you won't have these same issues, because it was a huge pain :angry:

Just watched Paranormal Activity on my own in a big dark house.

:girlwerewolf2xn:

I think I'll sleep just fine tonight...but I'll admit that that's one of the scarier movies I've seen. I watched Drag Me To Hell last night and rolled my eyes countless times...Sam Raimi just can't do horror without loading it with schlock! I guess that's part of the charm?

There's very little that scares me though...it was good to see a movie that at least gave me a couple of chills! :thumbs:

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.