The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
so there is this person in the VJ OT who seems to have a very bizarre opinion of me ..lol

a few months ago he called me ghetto ..lol I am assuming because I am married to an Hispanic... :P and then today he made a comment about me that included the phrase "the likes of Marilyn"

I just find it all very amusing :lol:

i didn't mean to offend you. :innocent:

Who the eff is this guy???

:angry:

me! wanna make something of it? i just got a new hockey stick! :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
i didn't mean to offend you. :innocent:

me! wanna make something of it? i just got a new hockey stick! :dance:

Sure I got 2 dozen timbits sittin in the freezer and thayz aint fer eatin.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
it isn't you...

yeah i know, i was just trying to stir up miss sprailenes :P

spoilsport <_<

Sure I got 2 dozen timbits sittin in the freezer and thayz aint fer eatin.

teaser! :crying:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Who the eff is this guy???

:angry:

Last night in my dreams, my last name was changed to "Efn". I was very upset in my dream lol.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Last night in my dreams, my last name was changed to "Efn". I was very upset in my dream lol.

If that were the case, then I've used your dream last name and married last name together in vain many times while playing Yahtzee. :P

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline

So we didn't get the fixer upper, an offer was put in yesterday and is now under contract... so we're putting an offer into the nice place.

This stuff happens so fast... I don't like it at all.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
So we didn't get the fixer upper, an offer was put in yesterday and is now under contract... so we're putting an offer into the nice place.

You move fast,lol We started to look 3 months ago, and now wife is away till end June, and will hardcore then! Just have to decide to rent out our condo or sell it. I'm a firm believer if ur wishy washy about the house it just isn't the 1, and move on! Best of luck

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Wow that was fast! When my wife and I put in an offer on the house we ended up having to wait about a month and a half to hear back.

Hope you're not too disappointed, didn't seem like you would be from your previous posts but I know the dangers of starting to picture yourself in a house :) When my wife first found our house the bank denied our original offer. We went on our way and looked at other houses but it was obvious to me she'd never be as happy as being in that one so we just kept working on it. Good luck to you guys!!!

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Timeline
so there is this person in the VJ OT who seems to have a very bizarre opinion of me ..lol

a few months ago he called me ghetto ..lol I am assuming because I am married to an Hispanic... :P and then today he made a comment about me that included the phrase "the likes of Marilyn"

I just find it all very amusing :lol:

Until recently, didn't the message under your picture say "I put the G in Ghetto"?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Until recently, didn't the message under your picture say "I put the G in Ghetto"?

yes because on the Expat site this same guy said that about me.. lol I thought it was funny so I put it under my pic...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

It is tough when you are in a position where you are making more than one offer on one place - bit of a rollercoaster ride there, it's really not fun.

yes because on the Expat site this same guy said that about me.. lol I thought it was funny so I put it under my pic...

Yeah, I was just thinking that is why he called you 'ghetto'.

The expat site makes VJ OT look like a playground, I can't believe you post there :lol:

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Ohhhh yeah! When we first started house hunting we found a townhouse we loved. We decided to take the weekend to think it over and then discovered that someone put an offer in the same day we saw it. It was under contract but still showing, we just didn't want to get into a bidding war since the HOA fees were already stupid high. But, it was all for the best... we found a place that suits us even better and is a single family home. When we found the one we're buying now, we offered on it right away. We didn't want to risk what happened last time! Our house never even had a for sale sign make it onto the lawn, it just went that fast. Its definably a crazy game!

Maybe it means that one just wasn't "the one" Sprail.

Speaking of house, I've just been notified that our closing date has been moved to Tuesday! So I'm home and on a serious packing frenzy... :lol:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
It is tough when you are in a position where you are making more than one offer on one place - bit of a rollercoaster ride there, it's really not fun.

Yeah, I was just thinking that is why he called you 'ghetto'.

no, it was the other way around..lol he called me ghetto so I put it there ...lol I never said anything about being ghetto before he called me ghetto..

i don't post much on Expats anymore.. neither does anybody else post that much there.. just goes to show that no moderation or less moderation doesn't really work...

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.