The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yea we figure the money we would save from the other place, we could use to update the kitchen in the other.

The place with the nice kitchen, all new floors and paint is aesthetically pleasing, BUT it needs new windows, has a dated hot water tank, dated washer/dryer and a dated air conditioner.

This other place is so much cheaper, is bigger, but just needs some paint and a new kitchen.

I'm already thinking... tuscan... I can see it now. :D

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

:lol:

The other day Bill and I were talking about things to do to the house, and we both decided we want to Tuscan up the kitchen. How? No idea, but it sounds good. So when you get some good ideas going, be sure to share, yes? ;)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello friends! Happy Valentine's Day to all!!! :)

Last night my BIL, the WIL and my most wonderful nephew came over. The WIL was her usual witchy self and her demeanor pretty much "glummed" down the entire dinner. However, my nephew and I had sooo much fun. He and I made a bet on Wii bowling -- winner gets to tickle loser for a full minute. I had no idea this boy was such a Wii bowling wiz -- hit 5 strikes and cleared up all his spares. He banked a 202 and tickled me for a minute! And afterward he sat beside me and we snuggled while we watched the other grown ups play. God I love him!

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Yesterday was such a whirlwind day!

In our small town, the recession had really hit it hard. A lot of shops and things had closed (and still our...our Movie Gallery is closing :( )

But, we've had a few new things open and it's just really revitalized the town. A new restaurant (we went the other day, and it is sooooooooooooooo good, and fairly inexpensive).

So anyway, a few months ago a new Tae Kwon Do place put up a sign where an old fitness place had gone out of business. John has been talking about doing TKD ever since I met him, as he had started to learn back when he was in the Navy. But the closest places were either in Winchester, or just not close enough. So when he saw this place was going to open, he got all excited.

Yesterday was their grand opening, and we went in to see what it was all about, and how much.

And wouldn't you know it, they were having a special on membership.

So, I had to think about it (since I'm the money manger) and we watched a demo. He kept looking at me and smiling and that (canIcanIcanI look :lol:)

I finally gave in, and guess what...We're BOTH doing it!

I'm actually excited. I took Karate when I was younger and loved it, but had to stop because of my committments to hockey.

So, while I would never go to a gym (out of pure laziness), I think TKD will be fun for both of us.

Then, I had a hockey game up in Baltimore. As some of you know, I've been a goalie since I was 6 (I'm 27) and decided to play out this year. The team isn't that good, so I'm one of the better players anyway.

I scored 2 goals! (we lost 7-2), but OMG it was awesome! The second one couldn't have been on a highlight reel :lol:

I don't think I'll ever forget that moment :D

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Very cool, J&K! Just think...after a bit of Tae Kwon Do training, you'll be an even better hockey player. And if not? Well, at least you'll be able to give a swift and effective chop to the opponents' windpipes. :P

I miss my high school days of playing ball hockey. When I get back into decent shape again, I should try and find a league down there. The only problem is that I play a very physical game, and most ball hockey leagues I've come across have a no-hitting policy. :(

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Even if they don't have hitting, playing will still be fun!

Arlington county has one (which as you know, is close to Alexandria)

http://www.arlingtonva.us/departments/park.../page62828.aspx

I agree TKD is definitely going to help me with hockey. My physical fitness took a nosedive when I moved down here. I used to be in pretty good shape playing AA/AAA women's hockey and Rep Softball (finished 5th in Nationals in 2001).

I'm looking forward to that part.

Plus, with it being in Berryville, we can walk / run / or bike to the school :)

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Yeah, I hear you on the physical fitness thing. It seems that my body wants to be a certain weight. I've been in good shape before, but whenever I get in good shape I get sick every three months or so, and my blood pressure goes higher. When I'm not working out daily and watching my caloric / fat levels, I (naturally) get pudgier, but always to about the same weight...and my blood pressure is always better, oddly enough...and I don't get sick. :unsure:

Nonetheless, my wife and I are both planning on getting back into shape once I'm down there. It's one thing to be able to justify being overweight, but it's another thing to look in the mirror and go "bleah!"

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I am not sure why but I am feeling really nervous about our new car... I think I am worried that we made the wrong decision.. the car runs great but I am just worried that it is going to fall apart.. and I keep obsessively checking the coolant gauge :unsure:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Yea we figure the money we would save from the other place, we could use to update the kitchen in the other.

The place with the nice kitchen, all new floors and paint is aesthetically pleasing, BUT it needs new windows, has a dated hot water tank, dated washer/dryer and a dated air conditioner.

This other place is so much cheaper, is bigger, but just needs some paint and a new kitchen.

hmmmm I'm no decorator...guess I'll have to google that one later! :lol:

I have no desire to sort through my laundry and go to the laundromat :P I long for the day when I get my own washer and dryer

I can appreciate that. My late husband and I lived in a place with no laundry facilities for 5 years. Ever Tuesday, we did laundry out! ugh!

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

I started working out again today. 25 minutes on Wii Fit Plus = a tired Mal.

I'd like to get one of those. Don't know too much about it, but my sister did bowling. She didn't know there was that many muscles in her butt!! :lol:

I had the best V-Day!! Tim took me for a great steak lunch, and then gave me a certificate for a two hour spa!!! I've never had one of those before.... I can't wait!! :luv:

Edited by TimandJoyce

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Timeline
I had the best V-Day!! Tim took me for a great steak lunch, and then gave me a certificate for a two hour spa!!! I've never had one of those before.... I can't wait!! :luv:

Awww that's great Joyce! You diserve it! :)

We just opened the bottle of Martini & Rossi Asti and the cork hit the ceiling!

We didn't expect it to do that, so we laughed our butts off :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning all.

So yesterday we started to pull totes out for packing - big box for the tv etc - colour coded all the totes so the movers would know where to put them. Needless to say the small apartment is quite...full of stuff right now.

Thankfully we move next Wednesday. So we should have everything packed by next Monday. Not that we need a week to pack, we don't have that much stuff, I just like to start getting things organized in advance so there is no big rush. Plus I need to re-sort some of them.

The dryers here have been out of commission for at least a week and a half, so we have things hanging all over the place too, it's great :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.